• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017

For anyone that can't read embeds:
Gamestop is doing a "Garanteed to love it" program, starting with Days Gone. When you buy Days Gone at Gamestop, you will get a code printed on your recipet that notes the date of purchase. You can take the opened copy of Days Gone back to Gamestop and trade it in within 48 hours of purchase, and you will receive a trade-in credit of 59.99. This promotion will only be available on the standard edition of the game, and you must purchase the game within 48 hours of the launch date of the game. The credit is exempt from any promotions (such as Pro Membership or any other promotions), does not include any sales tax that you pay (though in many states, items bought with trade credit are exempt from sales tax), and employees are not eligible. And while it isn't listed on the sheet, you aren't going to get cash back

This very much looks like a test for something they may try full-scale down the line if it works out for them, or it might be a one-and-done like the rental program they tried a few summers ago. Regardless, this is basically a Steam-like refund for a physical game- buy it, open it and play it, and if you don't like it, you can get your full value back and purchase a different game

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They used to have something similar to this back in the day, but they gave you a week and I think it was only for used games

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US
Not a bad promotion.

And It's not like anyone will be able to rush the game fast enough unless they literally don't sleep or eat or go to work.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
They used to have something similar to this back in the day, but they gave you a week and I think it was only for used games
Used games still have a 14 day return policy, for a full refund, including cash back.

Never seen a store offer refunds on open software, even if it's only store credit back. Pretty cool to be honest.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Used games still have a 14 day return policy, for a full refund, including cash back.

Never seen a store offer refunds on open software, even if it's only store credit back. Pretty cool to be honest.
Thought they got rid of that after people kept beating games and returning them like a free rental store.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

I remember when I bought a used copy of Arkham Knight I told the cashier I was planning on returning it within the 14 days and he goes 'Yeah, I doubt that'. I responded by "I'll take that as a challenge.'

I finished the game in four days and returned it immediately.

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017

Back in the day (early 2000s and before), Software Etc/Gamestop would allow you to return new games within 7 days, even opened, as long as they were in like-new condition. They would then just re-shrinkwrap them and sell them as new again. That definitely never got exploited. Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.