• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
A consolidated thread for how games are running whether they be patched or not. I'll start with the ones I've tried on Series X:

Horizon 4 - basically the PC version that runs at 4k60fps with no performance issues. It might be placebo but it seemed like the pop in was a little worse compared to running at max settings on my PC on a NvME drive.

Gears 5 - Looks pretty much like the PC version though it does have extra settings. There's some minor stuttering that seems like a streaming issue. One disappointment is that there's still no FoV slider which makes it still worse than the PC version for me.

Kingdom Hearts 3 - no specific patch but this was actually one of the more impressive things I tried. It's basically locked 60fps compared to the 40-50fps on the 1X even during the huge boss fight I played. Funnily enough the ugly Gummi ship sections were stuttering.

Sea of Thieves - Only tried this briefly but I was already getting annoying stutter in the first beginner island, pretty sure it's running at 4K. It's nice looking for sure though at 60fps.

Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Absolutely pristine IQ in the 6k mode and I didn't see any performance issues whatsoever. On PC I had random stutters around water and area transitions but that's nowhere to be seen here.

AC Valhalla - The game looks good and actually seems to run at 60 or close to it most of the time. The real problem is the screen tearing which happens pretty often. Really hoping for a patch here given that's the only mode you can play at.

Gonna try Ace Combat 7 after it finished downloading and Titanfall 2 which is in Game Pass and apparently can hit 6k.
I'll make one for PS5 when that comes out.

Last edited:

Seganomics

Oct 29, 2017
Wolfenstein:TNC looks like it's pretty much locked 4K/60 when running in performance mode now, and with the HDR added in it looks very good indeed.

You will be pleased with Titanfall 2 it looks and runs really well.

Also as a sidenote, the frame pacing issue on Bioshock remastered is almost entirely gone. Its still noticeable of you really look but a ton better than it was on the X1X.

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
Series X here.

I fired up Gears Ultimate Edition which is the remaster of Gears 1. The framerate was appalling and basically unplayable - I'm sure it's sub 30. I'm running on a 1080 TV and I can't see any options in the game to change anything to match it.

Doom Eternal was smooth as silk (60)

Navidson REC

Oct 31, 2017
Great idea for a thread. I'll have to wait a little longer for mine to arrive but Ori 2 and FH4 will be among the first I try out.

Flappy Pannus

Feb 14, 2019
I fired up Gears Ultimate Edition which is the remaster of Gears 1. The framerate was appalling and basically unplayable - I'm sure it's sub 30. I'm running on a 1080 TV and I can't see any options in the game to change anything to match it.

Fingers crossed that if it requires a patch they also patch the PC version, which has had horrible performance issues after a Win10 update years ago.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for this thread!

Any impressions of the DQXI demo? It runs 60 for the most part but drops in the overworld as well in Heliodor

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Tried MH:W today next to AC:V. AC:V looks stunning and the load times are pretty damn short.

MH:W looks a lot better (I come from PS4Pro) and the 60 FPS is incredibly nice too.

I gave the system a thirty five out of xbox so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.