• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
The sale is expected to close in Q4 of 2020, with CNET Media Group EVP and GM mark Larkin and other senior executives moving to Red Ventures along with the acquisition.

Red Ventures declined to comment to Variety when asked if this acquisition would result in any layoffs.

CNET Media Group includes gaming outlets GameSpot and Giant Bomb, as well as reviews aggregator site Metacritic.

It was purchased by CBS back in 2008 for $1.8 billion, and CBS re-merged with Viacom in December of last year.
t.co

ViacomCBS sells CNET Media Group to digital marketing company Red Ventures

Digital media and marketing company Red Ventures has announced it has purchased CNET Media Group from Viacom CBS for a …

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
t.co

ViacomCBS sells CNET Media Group to digital marketing company Red Ventures

Digital media and marketing company Red Ventures has announced it has purchased CNET Media Group from Viacom CBS for a …
www.resetera.com

ViacomCBS sell CNET Media Group (Gamespot, Giant Bomb, Jeff Bakalar) to digital marketing company Red Ventures - GamesIndustry.biz

If I recall, that's Giant Bomb and Gamespot EDIT: Jeff's response https://jeff.zone/post/629248131375169536/we-all-have-our-radios-tuned-to-the-jeff-zone

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, didn't realize that this included both GameSpot and GB as well.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Huh. Not too worried about GB, as they seem pretty self-sufficient with their subscription model, but I don't know a lot about the profitability of CNET or GameSpot. I hope everyone comes out on the right side of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.