• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I thought they said they wouldn't change the name. Unless it's just for this video. But congrats either way.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Congrats to them. Their TLOU2 review is still the best piece of game criticism I have seen.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
giphy.gif

They`re a nice couple. Congrats!

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats. Happy for them.

Also, Halo Infinite Review is next. Can't wait for it. 😂

Deleted member 5129

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They made fun of the director of Deathloop's name.

What's worse is that they've not really done anything to make up for it and the video is still up as well, because 'not losing views' is more important to them than 'doing the right thing'. She's fine and was very understanding I feel but I also distinctly remember the guy being very defensive about the whole thing which was not a great look.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
What's worse is that they've not really done anything to make up for it and the video is still up as well, because 'not losing views' is more important to them than 'doing the right thing'. She's fine and was very understanding I feel but I also distinctly remember the guy being very defensive about the whole thing which was not a great look.
He threw a fit basically.
It wasn't their first controversy either.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017

In their deathloop review.
They made fun of Director Dinga Bakaba's name by calling him Dinky Baklava.

Which is racist. In my opinion especially so when calling someone a food item.

But they doubled down saying that they do it for everyone's name.

And only apologised after a lot of backlash.

Wouldn't even take down the video because they want the money.

www.resetera.com

Is Deathloop really a masterpiece? | Girlfriend Reviews

The original tweet they're responding to didn't either. They said "that joke was extremely unfunny and quite racist" and within minutes the guy had turned it into "how dare they say we're extremely racist".

jkk411

Jul 22, 2018
They seem like a nice couple and I appreciate that they seem to take serious feedback to heart.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
User banned (2 weeks): Downplaying racism
until they get called out on racist antics lol
No they still are and labeling them racists based on the ill-advised joke is quite a stretch.
Here's a long thread to catch up on. It includes their responses to the criticism https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-deathloop-really-a-masterpiece-girlfriend-reviews.491625/page-16

Edit: The video doesn't seem to up anymore where they talk about it (it was in Twitch). But there's a short transcript of it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.