• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I really hope this is something substantial, and honestly of those 3, God of War 3 Remastered is one I would be the most excited to see it push beyond 1080P

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Clouds door now takes full advantage of the SSD.

Hopefully SE are planning a much more substantial update in the future for FFVIIR and add some new content, that would be cool to play through again on PS5.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
All I want from PS5 support is way faster load times and 60FPS.

playing god of war 2018 at 60 will be beautiful

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I'm 99% sure this is maybe activities related stuff and/or compatibility small fixes to make it work nice.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Why would the devs be so mysterious about it?

They may not be being mysterious about it, and instead the opposite; it's a series of rudimentary support, optimisation, and hardware/input balances passes that elevate the experiences to run most efficiently and without error.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
It would be nice if Sony actually told us which of their big first-party games are getting PS5 patches for resolution/framerate, but that's probably too much to ask for regarding a product that's releasing in about three weeks.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I expect this is just minor compatibility updates with any issues they found. Otherwise they'd probably be saying more about it.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think any PS4 game will run on the PS5 without an update.

Like, even if there's no technical adjustment but just to set a few hardware flags, or whatever (or add a few icons) the OS needs.
That's something that could even be automated by Sony for 'legacy' games 🤷‍♂️

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guys you're going to be paying $70 for Bloodborne by Bluepoint, should probably get used to it.

KiDdYoNe

Oct 25, 2017
Probably some basic optimisation, as games usually run on PS5 without any patches as is.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Sony said that the top 100 games would get enhancements on PS5. It'll probably be similar to what the Series X does with all of their BC titles.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think any PS4 game will run on the PS5 without an update.

Like, even if there's no technical adjustment but just to set a few hardware flags, or whatever (or add a few icons) the OS needs.
That's something that could even be automated by Sony for 'legacy' games 🤷‍♂️
There is no way all 4000+ PS4 games that the PS5 supports receive a patch. Pretty much all (but 7?) PS4 games already run on PS5. What these patches might be doing is unlocking frame rates/resolution or supporting Activities features. Probably it's just Activities related and nothing else.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Compatability update seems unlikely, because if that was the case, we be seen hundreds of games being update as well. And for the most part that hasn't happened.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Please don't read into this too much, Lance is a great guy and very reliable source so it's definitely true - BUT - Added support can mean virtually anything.

It's most likely he's taken a look at the patch data on a modded PS4 and recognized something that indicates support for a PS5 profile, something which patches for games had after the PS4 pro came out often had even when they didn't have significant features.

It could mean anything really, ranging from 'we tested a native ps5 profile mode and it didn't crash so we enabled it' to 'we changed the resolution, textures, framerate, added raytracing'.

Which is the widest possible gamut.

The fact that publishers aren't yelling over a megaphone about new features indicates it's probably much closer to the former.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
This will make the world of difference to God of War.
Both the 30fps mode and the 45~~fps mode felt pretty bad on PS4.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
All these patches for some games that feel strange so long after release are probably ps5 related, yup. Astrobot too got patched recently.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
There is no way all 4000+ PS4 games that the PS5 supports receive a patch. Pretty much all (but 7?) PS4 games already run on PS5. What these patches might be doing is unlocking frame rates/resolution or supporting Activities features. Probably it's just Activities related and nothing else.
What i was trying to say is that i believe any game would just receive a title update - even if it's "auto generated" by Sony / PSN - that 'signs' (or whatever) the game to be a PS5 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.