• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
James O'Keefe is at is again! I'm posting the original source since I don't think anyone else is reporting on this yet.

(San Francisco) A Google insider who anonymously leaked internal documents to Project Veritas made the decision to go public in an on-the-record video interview. The insider, Zachary Vorhies, decided to go public after receiving a letter from Google, and after he says Google allegedly called the police to perform a "wellness check" on him.

Along with the interview, Vorhies asked Project Veritas to publish more of the internal Google documents he had previously leaked. Said Vorhies:

"I gave the documents to Project Veritas, I had been collecting the documents for over a year. And the reason why I collected these documents was because I saw something dark and nefarious going on with the company and I realized that there were going to not only tamper with the elections, but use that tampering with the elections to essentially overthrow the United States."
After having been identified by an anonymous account (which Vorhies believes belongs to a Google employee,) on social media as a "leaker," Vorhies was approached by law enforcement at his residence in California. According to Vorhies, San Francisco police received a call from Google which prompted a "wellness check."

Vorhies described the incident to Project Veritas:

"they got inside the gate, the police, and they started banging on my door… And so the police decided that they were going to call in additional forces. They called in the FBI, they called in the SWAT team. And they called in a bomb squad."
"[T]his is a large way in which [Google tries to] intimidate their employees that go rogue on the company…"

I'm guessing that this will turn into a Wikileaks-esque clusterfuck of FUD in conservative circles like the DNC hack was. I downloaded one of the documents and it was a pretty standard writing on how diveristy helps companies and how to avoid bias. The zip of the entire dump downloads slower than a Rapidshare upload from 2008, but I doubt there's anything particularly interesting in it either.

Fergie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
England m8.
Probably getting locked but:

they got inside the gate, the police, and they started banging on my door… And so the police decided that they were going to call in additional forces. They called in the FBI, they called in the SWAT team. And they called in a bomb squad."
"[T]his is a large way in which [Google tries to] intimidate their employees that go rogue on the company…"

Sounds like a loon.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea who this James O'Keefe fella is, but am I safe to assume he's a alt-right conspiracy theorists nut, and a terrible person?

OP
OP
collige

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Probably getting locked but:

they got inside the gate, the police, and they started banging on my door… And so the police decided that they were going to call in additional forces. They called in the FBI, they called in the SWAT team. And they called in a bomb squad."

Sounds like a loon.
To be clear, I don't believe any of this bullshit, but I made the thread to bring awareness to the fact that this is probably gonna fuel more right-wing anti-Google conspiracies.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea who this James O'Keefe fella is, but am I safe to assume he's a alt-right conspiracy theorists nut, and a terrible person?

He's worse. He's the kind of person who likes to try and trick people into saying things that aren't necessarily bad, then edits the footage selectively to make them seem way worse, then leaks it to the public.

You know how Sacha Baron Cohen edited his stuff in Borat? Think that, but specifically targeted at liberals and people who work in circles aimed at improving the lives of minorities.

He's not a conspiracy theorist, he's a conspiracy artisan. He creates the conspiracies himself.

May 9, 2018
Don't single-boost anything from Project Veritas. It is not a reliable source, and the information is likely not presented objectively.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used to know people who thought Project Veritas were going to take over and be the go to media source in the country.

Used to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.