• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
source.gif

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Watchmen sequel could be a surprise hit.

But really the best new show is already out, but its in German so nobody's watched it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Disney+ MCU shows?

What if?, WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and Loki became the next Game of Thrones?

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not Lord of the Rings
Not His Dark Materials
Not The Witcher

It'll be something unexpected and probably not even announced yet.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Wheel of Time Wheel of Time The Wheel weaves as the Wheel Wills Wheel of Time

Nah, probably nothing that isn't weekly tbh

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Thrones could be the last show like this. TV is too fragmented these days to unify such a vast audience.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Time for my Name of the Wind show. Hopefully the third book gets out before they get that far along.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I kinda don't see any show becoming a hit at the same scale. GoT and TWD feel like the last remnants of the pre streaming boom. Shows aren't having the same staying power and streaming shows tend to peak early.

What if?, WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and Loki became the next Game of Thrones?
They couldn't do it with Netflix, plus I think those are intended to be limited series more than grand epics

Oct 25, 2017
Relatively speaking,

Mandalorion or an MCU show by default
Lord of the Rings if its remotely good or looks anything like the movies or GoT's scale.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
It will be something that isn't on streaming. The sustained viewing week to week to build hype over an extended period of time creates a bigger craze then everyone binging through it in a weekend & moving on a few weeks later.

The Walking Dead is still a massive hit regardless if rating decline, it's still drawing bigger numbers than most shows on Television could ever dream of. So, that's still a thing that may even benefit from Thrones being finished.

Aside from what's next; it's probably going to be something that isn't announced yet. And will sweep the world at some major Con when the first look drops.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
My bets -

- The Politician : Ryan Murphy's first big Netflix show - an original musical series with an all star cast, led by Ben Platt of Dear Evan Hansen fame. The kids who were in high school during the peak of Glee are now the general audience - this could catch on big.

- For All Mankind : Apple's streaming service has a few potential breakout hits, but the pitch of "What if Russia won the space race, and America kept it going." is tempting & timely.

- Watchmen : After The Leftovers, Lindeloff deserves a smash hit. I have no idea if his take on the material will be good, but I could absolutely see it becoming the prestige answer to the current hero boom.

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
It will not be a show the is being made for the purpose of being the "next GoT" that for sure.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
It should be Doom Patrol

it will probably be His Dark Materials or Watchmen

Right now I think it is Westworld?

Status
Not open for further replies.