• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Probably for the best. The St. Patrick's Day idiots last night in Chicago probably infected hundreds if not thousands of people.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I believe Ohio is doing the same. Crazy. Bars and restaurants all closing tonight at 9pm I think.

I believe drive thru and take out will all be available but not sit down. Pretty crazy I expect Massachusetts will probably do the same, that this'll be the norm.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of vulnerable employees are going to be hurting in the next few weeks.

Oct 25, 2017
Good cause no one is fucking listening. Drove by a bar and grill last night it was packed with people waiting
Idiots

Wafflinson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Meanwhile my state hasn't done shit.

No school closures, no restrictions, no ban on large events.

Idaho's strategy is to just wash your hands and pray.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many places are going to come up with outdoor seating all of a sudden

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck yah. Good call. I do feel bad for all the restaurants and bars though. We had a restaurant who had a grand opening last Monday after almost a year of work.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this lets UberEats still pick up . Otherwise I'm fucked and have no means to make money now that my full time job is also done for 3 week.

Marven

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Illinois
I had a feeling Illinois would start ramping up after seeing those pictures from O'Hare last night. Also good, the sooner we take this seriously the better. Also I'm not sure why my aunt hasn't postponed her wedding on this upcoming Saturday, though hopefully this will do it.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Makes sense. Though I can see the mile long drive thru lines now.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately, it needs to be done. I hope they allow take out at least, but that's doubtful.

Edit: Oh it appears take out is indeed still open.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
As a restaurant worker, I'm happy because my biggest worry right now is getting sick, and infecting the hundreds of people I serve a day.

On the other hand, I also could not financially deal with not working because of this, and a force closure would destroy me financially.

This country sucks. :(

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Good for Ohio and Illinois. They seem to be on top of this. Too bad it looks like New York City still hasn't even cancelled schools despite having a large number of already confirmed cases.

Oct 29, 2017
Considering this is the 15th, doesn't that seem... shockingly short? It would go into effect on the 17th (election day) and then 13 days later things open again

Deleted member 1086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
Meanwhile my state hasn't done shit.

No school closures, no restrictions, no ban on large events.

Idaho's strategy is to just wash your hands and pray.
Yes they have, I don't know where you live in the state but here in the Treasure Valley many event venues are closed until further notice, Including Expo Idaho in Boise and the Ford Idaho Center here in Nampa.

Also school closures are starting, I believe Blaine County is closing schools, and Mountain Home is closing schools for tomorrow, we'll see if they expand on that.

edit: here's a list from KTVB https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/h...irus/277-8e598c32-9ac3-4bbd-9e3e-ad631d94882f

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
People don't get it, Italy's deaths just spiked and people out here crowding bars and restaurants like it's just another day.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yah. Good call. I do feel bad for all the restaurants and bars though. We had a restaurant who had a grand opening last Monday after almost a year of work.
People are stupid assholes.

Schools are closed in PA but one of our neighbors is still having their kids birthday party and were offended by people saying they would not come.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i cant think of any pizza places with drive thrus.. unless the ones that dont have a dine in area are fine.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
But my Golden Corral sirloin!

I'm actually curious how buffet places will do with this pandemic since Golden Corral's biggest customer base is probably senior citizens.

Having people scoop their meals into a to go box doesn't really solve the sanitation issue since that's still hundreds of people scooping food versus a few people that are hopefully diligent about washing their hands.

Jul 18, 2018
Good shit, i approve. Fk all those people getting drunk in public with mass gatherings this weekend and making things worse

JJH

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Illinois politicians usually get a lot of shit (rightfully so given the history) but Pritzker is making all the right choices here.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
This needs to be nationwide with Congress aid. But this fucking moron of a president is busy banning trade, tweeting 1 day of stock volatility, and surprise forcing tens of thousands to infect each other in all major airports.

HipsterMorty

alt account
Banned
Jan 25, 2020
Alright Washington, New York, and California. Time to follow suit! We don't have time to fuck around with anything less than this.

OP
OP
Josh5890

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Illinois politicians usually get a lot of shit (rightfully so given the history) but Pritzker is making all the right choices here.

I'll be straight. I voted for Rauner but this guy has handled this crisis very well. As of now he gets my vote in 2022.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Curbside pickup means that you can walk in and still pick something up. This just limits dining in, where servers interact with potentially hundreds of people every day.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
The wife and I will pick our favourite restaurant to dine in tonight, we will move our support to curb side / to go orders.

I hope the government has plans for all of these employees and small businesses

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pouring one out for waitstaff. Damn, what's likely going to be 2-3 months of no tipped income is going to be ruinous for a lot of the most vulnerable people.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Even if you get sick from takeout you will be less exposed to the virus and have a smaller viral load which gives you a better chance of fighting off infection. Having a bunch of people sit around in a restaurant for a while increases your chances of getting a bigger viral load.

Status
Not open for further replies.