• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignis

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday I had an experience with a video game that led me to an ephiphany. I think that graphics truly doesn't matter.

I was playing through a part of Witcher 3 on pc, and I was enjoying it. It's fun to roam around the land and fun to explore, and to pause the game and adjust runes. On pc you're benefited with high resolutions and higher framerates to get the best out of the experience, but then something bad happened... I thought.

witcher-740x444.png

The graphics stopped loading.

I of course rolled my eyes at this. Oh... GAWD! Heeeere we go again. This game is full of bugs, isn't it?

But then I paused, after all I was forced to. I realized what I was looking at was quite stunning. In fact, I think it's very common for games nowadays: They're all built with performance in mind but expensive graphics let them down. They're technically accomplished and know what they're doing with their usage of memory and architecture implementation to make everything run well. Not just for speeds sake, but to give something that resonates with your mind. I love this screenshot that I was forced to stare at. More importantly, it made me realize the one conclusion I'm going to have to make.

Graphics doesn't matter. If games are this fast to perform, that's enough in itself. The game doesn't need higher graphics. I will be looking at this until I die of old age.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
i stare at the wall sometimes. cool game, boring graphics but it runs at ten trillion frames per second

Status
Not open for further replies.