SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Director not claiming still tells me there's something wrong with that whole situation, but I can't really surmise if it means anything about the two impacted by the role.
By the director you mean donna not claiming? Or the player who gave donna and A the title? Because Donna did make a quick note about the director as soon as A mentioned it.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Director not claiming still tells me there's something wrong with that whole situation, but I can't really surmise if it means anything about the two impacted by the role.
I can't tell if this is role fishing or genuine puzzle solving. Both?

But I stand by that it says nothing about either. Donna could be Scum and A was told a lie about her alignment. Donna could be Town and A is Scum who has to protect her. I don't think it's as clearing as people say it is.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
still looking back

Who here would possibly think of a Role/Power that locks vote(s)? By the wording it says I'm "not allowed to move my vote", seems pretty clear-cut but maybe all this does is prevent us from voting against certain players?

Or maybe certain players voting against certain players? Not to mention it's Salva and me as the target(s), but why?

Well why for Salva; I think I get why somebody would do this to me specifically, probably

We clearly need to try and vote every single possible permutation towards solving this. Go down the list

UNVOTE: Blargonaut
VOTE: Royal_Flush

Salva help

Everybody get in on this

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

But I stand by that it says nothing about either. Donna could be Scum and A was told a lie about her alignment. Donna could be Town and A is Scum who has to protect her. I don't think it's as clearing as people say it is.
I think it pushes them to the side for later consideration but it sure would be nice if we had cop checks huh.

Anyway, I don't read it as fishing. That no one claimed means it's probably scum. If it's scum, it's probably not as cut and dried unless it just links two town together.

But the real question to me is: do you suspect Nat here? I really do not. Giving me a 100% shot would be a hell of a risky pocket move.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, the only thing we kinda know is that Donna gets all the benefits and A gets an extra burden over they actual role.

But if A was scum, and what A say is the truth, wouldn't scum A just kill Donna? A clearly said A just gets punished if Donna is lunched. But if Donna is killed, no risk at all.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
still looking back

Who here would possibly think of a Role/Power that locks vote(s)? By the wording it says I'm "not allowed to move my vote", seems pretty clear-cut but maybe all this does is prevent us from voting against certain players?

Or maybe certain players voting against certain players? Not to mention it's Salva and me as the target(s), but why?

Well why for Salva; I think I get why somebody would do this to me specifically, probably

We clearly need to try and vote every single possible permutation towards solving this. Go down the list

Salva help

Everybody get in on this
Why would I vote for Flush?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
By the director you mean donna not claiming? Or the player who gave donna and A the title? Because Donna did make a quick note about the director as soon as A mentioned it.
Sorry, the role that gave the title. I don't know that it says much of anything about A and Donna.

I outright said earlier that if whoever was behind the role was town they should claim the role without providing additional details. But we have a weird, unexplained message that sounded vaguely ominous and no one is eager to take responsibility. That tells me it's probably no bueno.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the only thing we kinda know is that Donna gets all the benefits and A gets an extra burden over they actual role.

But if A was scum, and what A say is the truth, wouldn't scum A just kill Donna? A clearly said A just gets punished if Donna is lunched. But if Donna is killed, no risk at all.
Why would scum A kill Donna when they could just defend her and take her to f3?

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
still looking back

Salva help

Everybody get in on this
Why start with Royal, who apparently is confirmed town by Sawnee? Also why move your vote when you know you can't move it?

Voting anyone right now is a risk. We don't know exactly how this vote lock works, if there are multiple targets to get locked, the more likely someone will get voted out with very few votes.

Also, I'm not sure it was me that was targeted, I got no notification other than when I tried to unvote, and then I got no notification when i could vote as normal again, I had to ask. If this role can target, say, you, stu and someone else, any votes on those 3 people would get locked. That is at least 3 useless votes.

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
Also, I'm pretty sure this is a Scum power, especially since nobody claimed it. Which is good, because this seems pretty tame actually.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Vote lock was definitely to try and kill Stu, that's the only way it makes sense.
This is why, as much as I don't scumread Sneeks, I'm a little bothered by her yelling for a cop death and then fussing over whether or. If we should clear Donna and Aeleus. There's some level of inconsistency there but I'm probably just being paranoid now that only Blarg is being fun again.

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why would scum A kill Donna when they could just defend her and take her to f3?
Because they don't know what is the downside of lunching her. And protecting donna without a claim is almost as risky as trying to protect a scummate. If something goes wrong during the day and donna gets lunched then scum A would go down with her. And if this director ability leaked out somewhere along the way, like a last time effort to save donna, or even a mod redtext after donna is lunched, now everyone who tried to protect donna would look bad because they tried to save A through Donna.

Why worry about Donna not getting herself lunched when you can just kill her?

This is mostly why I'm leaning town on A right now. Is heavy heavy speculation, as usual for me, but I'm trying hard to make sense of this role.

The fact is, this benefits Donna and perjudicates A, as long as it works as it says.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
No seriously. you have 5 minutes to stop me from going down the list, ordered by post count.
gVOJT5G.gif

fdbOGeF.gif

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The fact this is a power that someone made is the main reason why I think this way. Whoever made this role had something in mind. And the only thing we know "for sure" is that it "clears Donna" and puts "A at risk".

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Also, if the vote locker can do so on the fly, as soon as you get to someone they want they can just lock you there, in a vote that benefits them.