• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
These early posts, though seemingly innocuous, stood out to me. Vere seemed to me to be soft-defending Kyan and Blarg here over a series of posts. Doesnt help that he mainly suspected people like Royal, Aeleus or Stu early on instead.

On the other hand, his posts on Blarg recently seem genuine. I could still see Scum!Vere ITA Scum!Blarg (i bet scumBlarg would even ask Vere to do this in scumchat), but his stance on Blarg seems firm. In those early posts he might have just thrown in Blarg with Kyan, and it was actually Kyan he mainly soft-defended there.

Besides that, there have been some minor interactions with Dubs that remind me of his interactions with me in HvV2.

The reread might push Vere down into slight scum lean territory for me, but I can still see him on a scum team that doesnt involve Blarg. Or he's really trying to bus him, but it seems unnecessary at the time when he made those posts.
HvV2? The...the game where I died N1? I didn't interact you with you in thread before then though?

I'm not sure if you genuinely don't remember that.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
The back half of this argument is weak. Why is it only Sawneeks you would need to convince? Why wouldn't scum!Muffin go for the WIFOM of "but I'd never do this"? I don't think the fact that Saw died does much of anything to inform my read of you, but I find your defense of it more curious than the fact that Saw is dead.
Because Sawneeks would still be alive and the rest of town would suspect one of us, not only me.
And killing two town chat participants leaving me alive and going for WIFOM seems like a way worse strategy than leaving Sneeks alive to me.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Turm the switcher was already dead. And Sneeks dying immediately after Geno doesnt seem like a coincidence to me, especially from my perspective as the one who's implicated because of it.
Oh so the whole game is working to set you up and no other switches are possible, Mr. Random Redirect. I see.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Not sure if people have already pointed this out but malus put vere in his 'guard' section in his p/i/k. That he used his actual command name in place of protect makes me think vere really was his target last night.

Guard: Vere
Look into: Dr. Monkey
terminate: Blarg

Not much reason to start a competing train, when the conclusion will be the same anyway. I would really have liked to hear B-Dubs story, but it looks like he just accepted his fate and ghosted us.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Oh so the whole game is working to set you up and no other switches are possible, Mr. Random Redirect. I see.
"The whole game". It takes one kill by the scum team, dont dramatize what i'm saying. And if I was scum, my role would most likely not be random and I would have been lying about it, as for the random redirect comment.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Course you did. You died early, but HvV2 was a page heavy game. Blackjack was D1 right? I remember a few things there.
No, I just went back to the thread and searched and didn't find interactions. Link it if you did.
Not sure if people have already pointed this out but malus put vere in his 'guard' section in his p/i/k. That he used his actual command name in place of protect makes me think vere really was his target last night.
Damn brah, that would be heartbreaking if true.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Because Sawneeks would still be alive and the rest of town would suspect one of us, not only me.
And killing two town chat participants leaving me alive and going for WIFOM seems like a way worse strategy than leaving Sneeks alive to me.
So in your opinion town would be working from the assumption that of course Geno managed to grab a scum in his only night chat, and thus flipping the other participant would be bad for you? Why? Outside of the initial reveal of the chat's existence and the discussion immediately following, I don't think it was actually a topic revisited much or given a ton of weight.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a pretty good indication, don't know why else he would list it that way. Just further solidifies Vere as town for me.

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
Scum would not shoot at malus, the most likely mislynch candidate by a mile, would they?

So, what about this post here? It's from 6-ish hours before the deadline yesterday and has Vere as "Guard" (also note the sneaky very specific wording instead of "Kill"):
Guard: Vere
Look into: Dr. Monkey
terminate: Blarg

Not much reason to start a competing train, when the conclusion will be the same anyway. I would really have liked to hear B-Dubs story, but it looks like he just accepted his fate and ghosted us.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Scum would not shoot at malus, the most likely mislynch candidate by a mile, would they?

So, what about this post here? It's from 6-ish hours before the deadline yesterday and has Vere as "Guard" (also note the sneaky very specific wording instead of "Kill"):
Like minds.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017

That is incredible timing on both of you,, but that seems most likely, and if so cements vere as town to me.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
"The whole game". It takes one kill by the scum team, dont dramatize what i'm saying. And if I was scum, my role would most likely not be random and I would have been lying about it, as for the random redirect comment.
Muffin, the drama was from you intimating that the kill was a setup to frame you. Except we don't know if Sneeks was the target. We don't know if nin was strongkilled. We don't know if someone else entirely was the target. And if she was? Seems more likely to frame malus with the way that day went down, IF there was that much method on it (either option seems a bit on the nose, yeah? We WIFOM the shit out of such kills).

Possibly you as scum directed a Geno kill with what he threatened. Possibly also scum just killed Geno because a) low-flying middle-range d1 player with more potential later on (see: a dozen games) and b) if anyone was going to have a badass role this game, it was Geno.

Why didn't you correct me when I said you were a redirect?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I guess a better question to you, Muffin, is: you think we should doubt the check on Vere but not the kill on Sneeks. Why? There are equal gray areas here. Unknown possibilities abound.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Looking back a bit at things I skimmed:
I'll go against the tide a bit here and say Zipped forgetting every other thing has that town Zipped #feel to it. It is a meta read, so take it as seriously as you want to.

I got what I wanted with Zipped, there was a actual basis to the Dubs push and it did not come out of scum desperation. I'm fine with skipping over Zipped today. Gorlak I think brought up the paranoid option of a scum human centipede with a Montiko middle, what is extremely convoluted, of questionable utility and fucking hilarious as a thought. If scum Zipped sacs Dubs for sweet town Karma, why on earth would he post that opening where he is paranoid about his two greatest defenders? This grand gambit has too many layers to it and it doesn't exist, I think, outside the theoretical realm.
This is a good question. It IMMEDIATELY made me look sideways at Zipped.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
No, I just went back to the thread and searched and didn't find interactions. Link it if you did.
I'll look back at it later, maybe I'm misremembering.
So in your opinion town would be working from the assumption that of course Geno managed to grab a scum in his only night chat, and thus flipping the other participant would be bad for you? Why? Outside of the initial reveal of the chat's existence and the discussion immediately following, I don't think it was actually a topic revisited much or given a ton of weight.
After Geno died immediately after chat creation and said to assume there was scum between me and Sneeks, which we communicated, yes.

Look, if you dont like what I'm saying, fine. Those are just my thoughts on this.
Seems like I was right in the assumption that I'm not much help for town right now, looking at the reactions I get right out of the gate when I even hint at voicing anything. So. Lynch. Me. Already.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

After Geno died immediately after chat creation and said to assume there was scum between me and Sneeks, which we communicated, yes.

Look, if you dont like what I'm saying, fine. Those are just my thoughts on this.
Seems like I was right in the assumption that I'm not much help for town right now, looking at the reactions I get right out of the gate when I even hint at voicing anything. So. Lynch. Me. Already.
You want us to just accept what you say and nod?

Helpful is this. It's talking. It's hammering out reads. It's trying to resolve the unknowns. If there are inconsistencies, they need to be accounted for, not lashed out over. You know this. Your whole play has been weird this game.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Why didn't you correct me when I said you were a redirect?
Because messing with redirects is one of the effects. Seems pedantic.

I guess a better question to you, Muffin, is: you think we should doubt the check on Vere but not the kill on Sneeks. Why? There are equal gray areas here. Unknown possibilities abound.
Godfather is equally likely to a redirected kill when a switcher is already dead and Sneeks just coincidentally died right after Geno? Yeah no.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

I pointed out why I thought one of your points was flawed. I recall completely what was said, but why would I put any validity to it? Unless Geno had some sort of self-scrubbing role, there was no way he knew the alignment of anyone.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

Sure, I can't remember if we were ever scum together in another game so it's interesting.

Yeah, but even if Saw was alive there's no way suspicion would be split between you on that. Not to mention she openly told us about Geno's chat.

I still come back to the feeling that you really want to be lunched for some reason. It's like you're not even hiding it and that leads me to think that your PR isn't what you claimed. No one can corroborate it, you don't need to claim targets because it's random and it's useful as an explanation if anyone sees you moving at night.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So, Muffin, here's what I see:
You, so far here, have shaded every person not firm-cleared except Donna and me and Nat. The entire rest of the game could be scum from your perspective. That's not reads. That's "idk they're somewhere."

If you're gonna go that far, why not donna? Tell me why you think she's okay.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
That's not reads. That's "idk they're somewhere."
Cool. I specifically mentioned my scum reads, the degrees to which I scumread them, four people. And voiced some thoughts about them.

But that's not reads, no. Those other lists today from people are, but I'm apparently doing fuck all.

Then get out of here with this bs already and vote me out.

I promise you I wont return before EoD at the very least, so you can add that to your goddamn reasons.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
If we DON'T vote you out what are you gonna do tomorrow? If we vote Blarg out and he's town, what then? What if it's scum? Who are his partners? Why should we not question you? What the entire fuck, Muffin?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
If we DON'T vote you out what are you gonna do tomorrow? If we vote Blarg out and he's town, what then? What if it's scum? Who are his partners? Why should we not question you? What the entire fuck, Muffin?
I dont fucking care after that post just now Monkey. I have no fucking problem with questioning, I have a fucking problem with dismissing what I'm saying for the fun of it after whining about my activity. I'm done.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Monkey When would you consider Nat a possible scum? If ever?

Natiko same question about monkey ^^
So, cool, we got someone melting down, we got wild mysteries like A getting a package and saying nothing, but I'm gonna address this again, okay.

I do not see Natiko as scum. Not only did he hand me a 100% accurate vigilante shot, essentially, which would be ridiculous to do as scum even as a pocket attempt, we made almost the exact same role for the exact same reasons - to use the ITAs as investigative data. Our motivations are similar. Our approach to the game is similar. If he's scum, well played, it's the performance of a lifetime. I don't think I would consider him scum until at least f5 and even then I just don't know if I could see it.

This is pretty much what I've said at least twice before.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I dont fucking care after that post just now Monkey. I have no fucking problem with questioning, I have a fucking problem with dismissing what I'm saying for the fun of it after whining about my activity. I'm done.
I'm not dismissing shit for the fun of it but you just want to be mad so be mad. See you later, I guess.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Not only did he hand me a 100% accurate vigilante shot

And?

It was day 2, and there was so many town alive. It would be very easy for scum to give you that 100% shot as you would more likely than not hit town than scum.

I'm not trying to say either of you are definitely scum, but I do think it's worth typing down for people to consider as we get into the endgame.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
So, cool, we got someone melting down
I'm holding some words back on this right here, I assure you.
I'm not dismissing shit for the fun of it but you just want to be mad so be mad.
Yeah sure. Fucking compare the reads I posted today with any other lists today, but mine arent reads because I have shaded more people than that before, like what the actual fuck???

See you later, I guess.
I'd say never for now.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. I specifically mentioned my scum reads, the degrees to which I scumread them, four people. And voiced some thoughts about them.

But that's not reads, no. Those other lists today from people are, but I'm apparently doing fuck all.

Then get out of here with this bs already and vote me out.

I promise you I wont return before EoD at the very least, so you can add that to your goddamn reasons.
giphy.gif

I'm just going to assume you'll cool down and return. If you do - I know you shared a read of Vere where you were wavering. Does the malus breadcrumb change your thoughts? If Vere is clear, who do you think the likely candidates are alongside your previously mentioned Blarg and Kyan? You mentioned Zipped but more in the context of a neutral.

I wouldn't go down that path unless we were to the point of suspecting a deep wolf, in other words after we have more scum flips and my current pool of candidates is either dried up or I have re-assessed and think them unlikely to be w/w with the scum that have flipped. At this point Vere seems cleared, I still only think A can be scum if you're also scum, so sure MAYBE at that point I look at Monkey. I'm already to the point of considering Gorlak in my pool of suspects though whereas most aren't. If there's a deep wolf my money is on him. I just went through a final three with Monkey and came out on the other side correct - I town read her so much harder this time and have had so many more indications of her towniness here than there. I just don't think it's a real concern.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
And?

It was day 2, and there was so many town alive. It would be very easy for scum to give you that 100% shot as you would more likely than not hit town than scum.

I'm not trying to say either of you are definitely scum, but I do think it's worth typing down for people to consider as we get into the endgame.
But why do it at all? Why build that into your role? No one questioned my alignment based on my role alone and I haven't even used it. So why not just boost self? For the pocket? Great, then why not... Sneeks? You? Anyone else? Why me, the person who has climbed right back out of pockets?

The thing is, I have NO actual reason to scumread Natiko. His votes are fine. His analysis is fine. So there's just this razor thin chance that maybe he handed me a shot to pocket me and I ignore all the other reasons to townread him.

Nah. I'd scumread you and A first, tbh.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017

I know I wasn't asked, but can I answer?

I would really only stop thinking one of them wasn't town if the other died and flipped scum.

There is a very specific circumstance surrounding me being Nk'd which would should also have you all look at them both for possible scum, but that's a risk every day and the rest of y'all townfolk would have to investigate why and the Who did it.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I never know how to feel at these times. On one hand, going on about Muffin's role and content seems like a dick move now. On the other...it's really not a good look.