• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats, OP.

I put as much effort into this post as you did the entire thread.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I nominate this for thread of the month because it is such a well-presented argument and OP perfectly backs up their opinion with examples for why they feel that way.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom

STUPID BOY....
But hey you do you, though this thread isn't going to go well.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
'Hades...

... Sucks.'

Huh. 🤔

Thread lock or is super minimum effort allowed here?

Funny though, just got off from playing it and reminded myself how incredible and cohesive all of its elements are.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
You made it all the way to 2021. Lived through a year so terrible people are calling it a lost year...and you still put up this low effort OP.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking of picking Hades up on the EGS because I have a $10 coupon, but I'm not a huge fan of roguelites. The reviews are so amazing though; I'm really torn.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
K, I'll pretend there was some attempt to discuss.
Roguelites are a very special genre, your enjoyment of them rests almost entirely on the loop and how satisfying the progression feels. I can see how someone might feel underwhelmed, but it's one of the best in biz. And obviously, it's fine if you don't like it. Play something else and enjoy!

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair I'd actually like to hear more from OP on why cos I don't like rogue likes but people won't stop talking about it, and seemingly that even folk who don't like them will like this one...

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Wow. Enjoying the criticism here.

Feel free to take pitch fork.
Oh are you serious? I'm not into Rogue-like games myself so Hades isn't really my flavor, but if you're going to create a thread with a contrarian point-of-view and do nothing at all to back it up, it's not people coming at you with pitchforks. You've created this thread. It's yours. And people are correctly dunking all over you.

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Damn OP i was gonna come in here and make fun of you for not liking the Game but your stellar argumentation let's me actually see your point of view and while i don't share your opinion i can at least understand it and won a whole new perspective, i thank you alot for that.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Check the FAQ on thread creation guidelines, 'cause this doesn't meet any of them

edit, for posterity ^^
L Thammy said:
I can't help but feel bad for the OP. It can be really frustrating when you invest a lot of time in a thread about how roguelikes suck and it doesn't go down how you want. But what's nice is that you can learn from how this thread failed and try to succeed when you start a new thread from scratch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.