• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's just so good, the weapons, the feedback, the tactics, the lack of 0.5sec TTK. It just feels so good to play, if this is the last Halo MP and they keep iterating and adding onto it, sign me the fuck up. I'm down with playing this for the next decade.

I forgot how good it is to play a refined arena shooter, Halo hasn't been this good in so long that I legit forgot lol. Gotta unlearn the COD bullshit.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
One and only MP shooter that truly feels next level/modern AND old school fun at the same time, imo.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
It's just so good, the weapons, the feedback, the tactics, the lack of 0.5sec TTK. It just feels so good to play, if this is the last Halo MP and they keep iterating and adding onto it, sign me the fuck up. I'm down with playing this for the next decade.

I forgot how good it is to play a refined arena shooter, Halo hasn't been this good in so long that I legit forgot lol. Gotta unlearn the COD bullshit.

Yup, never expected I would be playing this soo much considering I mostly stick to SP games. With the new playlists and challenges its even better now.

brain_stew

Oct 30, 2017
Nothing else is remotely close. It's the perfect modernising of what was already a near perfect formula.

Like a few others here I tend to mostly skip multiplayer and have done for the last decade. The last multiplayer shooter that really drew me in was Halo 3, and it's really not a coincidence.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Agreed. I know people complain about desync/server lag etc.. but to be honest i haven't personally had any issues. No dying from around a corner etc... Probably location/server dependant.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
It's so good that I'm going to pick up a Elite 2 controller soon for the paddles and trigger locks.
I assigned my 2 back paddles to Jump and Mark and it's worked great! It's hard to go back
Agreed. I know people complain about desync/server lag etc.. but to be honest i haven't personally had any issues. No dying from around a corner etc... Probably location/server dependant.
Same here. I don't want to discount people's complaints, but I really don't think these issues are that widespread

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm close to 100 hours in multi already, I can't stop playing... So damn good and refreshing.

realweirdo

Alt-Account
Jul 8, 2021
To each his own. I think the guns lack oomph and personality. This is the first Halo MP game I've enjoyed, but quickly went back to my go-to MP games after playing it for a week.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
tbh I miss the h5 magnum and think the br is super easy to use. I think the weapon sandbox is a step back from h5 in general. (pre-nerfs). movement mechanics too but repulser and grapple are great new editions.

but I still really enjoy infinite. it's the only fps that actually scratches my competive itch.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
It was my favorite MP I've played in a few years, sadly all of my friends went back to Apex already which I have no interest in so I as well have stopped playing. Gunplay was phenomenal though.

valentine71

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
USA
An issue that affects some games, meaning what you see and what the server sees differ to significant degrees. It's def there in Halo Infinite but it's not everywhere, by any means.

Is this why rarely some opponents are able kill me after i turn a corner and totally behind a wall or something with little health?

mancan

Banned
Mar 29, 2018
Single or multiplayer the gunplay is the best in the last few years. Just feels perfect.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, greatest playing FPS on th market. Nothing comes close to Halo, but with these refinements it's just incredible. I have zero desire to play any other FPS atm....and that grapple, god damn.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Hit detection and melee bullshit ruin it though. Got so frustrated with the game that I quit. Played some Splitgate recently because I need my Arena Shooter fix here and there and it's just so much better. Quake Champions is also much better. Well, the modern arena shooter alternatives already end at that point ... Epic could have spent some of that Fortnite money to bring Unreal Tournament back, but they cancelled it.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
I like how there isn't a clear overpowered primary weapon. Everything feels so balanced and everything feels great to shoot

The melee hit registration needs to be fixed however. Its absolutely awful

Septy

Prophet of Truth
Nov 29, 2017
United States
In my opinion a lot of the new weapons are really underpowered. Which just leaves me going back to the trusty br. The melee is straight up broken. I can't count the number of times I've meleed someone, it's made the feedback sound, and nothing happened. The desync and network issues are also awful. And don't even get me started about btb being broken for 3 weeks now.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
The fact that the pistol has bloom makes the gunplay worse than Halo 5.

lots of the power weapons are underwhelming too.

Even sniping feels worse in this game than previous Halos.

Apex Legends is my favorite gunplay of this gen*

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Lag happens, but the amount of people who blame every death or loss on de-sync is hilarious. Sometimes, you're just outplayed and shit. Make peace with it. I have.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Lag happens, but the amount of people who blame every death or loss on de-sync is hilarious. Sometimes, you're just outplayed and shit. Make peace with it. I have.

A game like this thats competitive in 2021 shouldn't have any desync to begin with... not to mention the game doesn't even have an in game report system ; they make you go to an external website to fill shit out and that takes way too much effort. Sounds like outdated tech to me!

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
It's so so so good. What the team at 343 built with the gameplay is probably the best in the entire franchise. The only real issue is the melee feeling a bit random online, but otherwise it's perfection.

The main competitive maps are beautiful as well.

WJD

Nov 4, 2017
Yeah, it's top tier. The sandbox is incredible and I can't see much else matching it this generation.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
The sync issues will probably depend on where you are playing too. Game works like a charm when I get put on Brazil, 35ms and everything hits as expected. Whenever I get put on USA servers enemies can hit me around the corners because im getting 180ms, but for some reason it feels even worse than in other games.

Haven t played for a few weeks, did they add an option to only play on the server of your choice? Like most other FPS I play do.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Would be better without being forced into playing with PC players with K+M

The aim advantage they have for a game that's mainly designed around console aim is insane.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
It's extremely fun OP

(The enemy stole the warthog and tried to drive me and the vehicle off the map. I jumped out of the vehicle, hit him with a bullet, and his fall counted as a kill)

But the more you play more you realize it has some annoying issues (that I hope will be addressed in the future): hackers, desync, lag, unranked players playing against diamonds, weapons that have no use, quiters... the list goes on.

Yesterday I had the worst ranked match of my life. Behemot - CTF. I was platinum level 5 and no one on my team tried to capture the flag, heck, I caught the flag +10 times.... 6 or 7 very close to our base. In one attempt, I took the flag to the final ramp, very close to scoring... There were 2 teammates nearby and one of them took the flag to the ENEMY base. WTF. He started running towards the enemy base as if he was on their team.

BUT today I had one of the best of my life. Live Fire - Team slayer. We had a small advantage but then got behind 4-5 kills when the enemy reached 40. I pressed Y (PC) and said "Stay close everyone, don't go alone". Without any other command, the other 3 players regrouped in the tower. This is what happened:

46 -48
48-48
49-48
50-48
With me getting the final kill

Oh god, it felt so good
BrilliantWearyGermanspitz-size_restricted.gif

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Would be better without being forced into playing with PC players with K+M

The aim advantage they have for a game that's mainly designed around console aim is insane.

Controller is superior though; in a game with limited movement where its just strafe left and right and most battles being mid range, controller players have the advantage... especially in competitive. There was a chart posted a while back that showed the aim accuracy difference between controller / kbm players at the same skill level.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Controller is superior though; in a game with limited movement where its just strafe left and right and most battles being mid range, controller players have the advantage... especially in competitive. There was a chart posted a while back that showed the aim accuracy difference between controller / kbm players at the same skill level.

Haha the propaganda.

The pure twitch reflex, the aim speed and accuracy, and even being able to fire weapons faster like the sidekick on a PC, just make this bullshit. Switching from controller to mouse in this game is like night and day difference.

It has nothing to do with movement, but pure aim look speed and accuracy advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.