• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
With today's announcement of Cuphead for Switch, and Microsoft looking into Xbox Live for Nintendo Switch (With Cuphead using Xbox Live support), and also insiders on here hinting at Halo for Switch, "Mario on PlayStation" level announcement coming to Switch, etc. Do you believe Halo (Master Chief Collection) has a much bigger chance to come to Switch?

Please write your thoughts, do you believe it or do you still think it's impossible?

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm approaching the point where I'd be more surprised if it didn't, honestly. Probably gonna have to be through the rumored Game Pass Streaming, though.

Oct 26, 2017
I believe. I'd probably go for the PC version anyway, but Master Chief in Smash ("finishes the fight!") would be a cool as fuck side effect.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017

Microsoft didn't change their studio name to "Xbox Game Studios" for no reason.

Last edited:

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The evidence is piling up

f6b.jpg

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Right now just the PC version looks like it's gonna be a huge multi year commitment from 343. I don't know if I see them adding a third platform with much more constrained specs. At bare minimum they likely aren't going to release it before all the content is on PC so that's like what, year and a half away at earliest probably?

I'd bet it'll be like how some of Sony's games comes to PC (Like the QD games today). Third party devs. So Ori seems like the logical next step.

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
I'll believe it when I see it. Lol. But I'd buy MCC day one on my Switch. Loved them on my Xbox 360.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
Maybe via streaming like Xcloud but I wouldn't count on a psychical copy. At this point who knows what is even possible, as long as Banjo Kazooie gets in Smash I'll be happy.

HOUSEJoseph

Oct 27, 2017
I'll just throw my two cents in. The simple fact that the leakers got both a) Cuphead and b) Xbox Live right who are also saying GamePass and even native Halo is coming leads a lot more credibility that this is happening.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know if it will happen, but it would be amazing. I feel like Microsoft is going to try some new strategies to get Xbox on more devices and have a bigger mindshare, then limiting itself to a dedicated console/PC. Would seem logical with its approach with other things like Office and what not.

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
That was never actually an official thing. If anything, it seems it was an unsolicited demo at best, if not just someone's fancy mockup.
https://www.halopedia.org/Halo_DS

Knew this was going to be brought up and was about to post the same thing you just did for clarification.

I'd play some Halo on Switch though and I haven't been following these rumors enough to really have an opinion either way.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the weird thing is that they could bring over the MC Collection if they wanted to, but probably not the Xbox one games.

It'll do well but I'm not sure MS cares enough if they're going to be pushing XCloud

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
I've actually thought this for a long time and I can see there being benefit to both Microsoft and Nintendo. My one concern would be the online however, but perhaps Microsoft could support Nintendo in sorting it out.

My money is on a Halo 3 port.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
I believe it's coming as much as I do DMC on switch.

So like 96% sure.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Master Chief portable collection.

I've no idea what developer would make it, but I feel it would be the original trilogy and that's it. No master collection.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt it is the MCC. If a Halo game is in the works for the switch it's probably something like Halo Wars or Spartan Strike/Assault. I'm not entirely convinced that it's happening either way though.

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty certain we'll see either a port of MCC, or staggered ports like on the PC.

Microsoft said more games were coming, King Zell strongly hinted at it. I think it's very likely. (Along with Ori, Super Lucky's Tale and a few others.)

I really hope this whole thing culminates in Goldeneye HD being resurrected for Switch/X1/PC complete with cross platform online.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Nah, Switch will get Ori & Cuphead, not any of the major MS titles, i think this is people getting a little too excited over PC getting MCC & thinking "Surely Switch is next somehow" the leaks mean nothing imo, we have known since that Fortnite marketing stunt MS & Nintendo were getting close, but not close enough to give Nintendo fucking Halo.

& yeah Bloodborne on PC is coming also because of Detroit. /s

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ehh I doubt it. It seems like they're putting a lot of work into just getting MCC collection right on PC, and that was after spending a lot of work getting the MCC all fixed up on Xbox.

The only way I see it happening is through some streaming service. I don't see a straight up port happening any time soon, if it all.

TyMiles2012

Mar 26, 2018
Then give Xboxers Zelda in return.

What I think is happening is that Microsoft wants their IP to have much more awareness in Japan, and tethered consoles are almost a no-go over there. I think it's pretty much obvious that Microsoft and Nintendo struck a deal behind the scenes that's starting to come into fruition, seeing that we're now getting Cuphead (With Xbox Live features patched in after launch). Nintendo agrees because obviously they get a cut from the sales, new flagship titles such as Gears 5 and Halo Infinite will probably not ever come to Switch, but Japanese players will probably take advantage of XCloud to stream via mobile, or maybe even Switch over Wifi. Xbox Indie exclusives or smaller games like Halo Wars may as well come to Switch via eShop. The side effect of this is that we also get the games actually ported as well.

This has nothing to do with giving back to the western audience. Microsoft wants to expand to the East, Nintendo is helping them make that happen with their own conditions.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Halo eh I don't know if there's anything there really for either group

Rare Replay on the other hand that's totally happening

Oct 26, 2017
Very likely at this point. My ideal first step is a 2-pack of Halo 1 and 2 based on their "Old Graphics" forms from the MCC but with their classic loading screens restored.

They can do Halo 3 and Halo 4 on their own afterwards.

My ideal port team is none other than Armature who helped out on Halo Anniversary and Halo 4. Formed by the Metroid Prime leads of course. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.