• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
User Banned (1 month): xenophobia
I did. The three I noticed are Tik Tok, Zoom, and in the gaming space, Valorant made by Riot. All are taking their fields by storm in popularity it seems.

I dont have any comment really, just an interesting observation.

Ok I'll add one, I mean, I'm, old really, but fwiw I dont get tik tok at all, seems very obtuse to me. I want to see what my followings post, and that doesn't seem to happen naturally in the app at all. Maybe I'm missing something. Also of course, it's just reskinned Vine, and I never understood why they canceled Vine in the first place. Again, not for me, but it was very popular and then all the sudden they canceled it and I was just like "huh?". Not surprising Vine jr (Tik Tok) came along to fill the void, in my book...oh and also, I quickly noticed they bought the Rock for instant legitimacy. Savvy move, I guess? Again as an old dude, I'm hearted a 40 plus guy is still the hotness.

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
I checked some random useless junk in my house and they all said "made in china" on the bottom. What the heck is going on here?

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It just means China has invested in a lot of companies. You'll find a lot of Chinese products also have partial US and European ownership

CarbonCrush

Oct 27, 2017
The slow transfer of power. Will be interesting to see how COVID-19 slows their march to supremacy

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Zoom and Riot are American companies though. Zoom isn't even owned by a Chinese company like Riot is.

Last edited:

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Isn't it weird how the second biggest economy on the planet has some prominent products on the global market? Really makes you question some stuff.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Zoom is an American based company traded on the stock market.

This is thread is honestly stupid by making it sound like it is something odd that China has two popular brands at the moment. China has a large economy, it only makes sense that some of their products and services hit a critical mass.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
The last 10 or so years has seen large outlays of capital for investments coming from China as they've diversified from manufacturing into other stuff too.

But I mean...they've always been making stuff, just like any other country!

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
It's somewhat comforting to know that your thoughts outside Destiny 2 are just as inane.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget about Bill Gates, he owns the vaccines with microchips to track people as well as Microsoft where people use windows everyday.

Deleted member 2761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good thing China was too stupid to manufacture a vaccine months in advance so they could sell that too.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I think it's possible that China, being the most populous nation on the planet, might produce a lot of stuff.

(Though as others have noted your examples are hilariously bad.)

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Yeah, but what's up with the swedes tho. IKEA, Spotify and Meatballs? Something fishy going on there, I swear.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
And all got popular during this epidemic, coincidence? I think not. Op, you're into something here.

Dec 24, 2017
Has anyone noticed that some of you aren't even trying to hide your fucking racism anymore?

A lot of you hide behind the more blatantly racist points of others, by really supporting the minute grains of reason in the overall racist statement.

You fucking racist pieces of shit.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Don't use them, the CCP will spy on you and take all your data use it for nefarious purposes.

TikTok is the greatest national security threat of our generation. We need to protects those teenagers from being brainwashed.

SeroTyler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys I looked into it, and this China place has like, a LOT of people. Does everyone know about this??

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_inline_o0eoxv67QK1tbe472_500.gif

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
Tencent has about a 90% ownership in Riot.

Okay? The employees who actually make the game are all still located in America. They likely employee more people in Europe (in association with LEC broadcasting) than they do in China.

If a UAE prince buys a pile of GM stock GM doesn't suddenly become an "Arab Company".

OG YOLOwen

Banned
Mar 24, 2019
People memeing ITT but China is slowly but surely gaining geopolitical clout

they are investing a shit ton in Africa

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
People memeing ITT but China is slowly but surely gaining geopolitical clout

they are investing a shit ton in Africa

Everyone with half a brain is doing that. In a decade or so much of Africa will be what China was 20 years ago. India and Brazil showed promise too but for whatever reason it hasn't worked out as well as it has for China.

Status
Not open for further replies.