• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I just got back from trying to buy some laundry detergent at Target, apparently their registers are "offline."

It was clear something was up as soon as I pulled into the parking lot, the store is always busy to some extent on weekends but there was a huge line of cars waiting to turn into the lot and there were no empty spaces above-ground (the store in my town also has an underground garage). I figured there must be some kind of sale going on.

When I walked in there were employees informing people that the registers weren't working. The front of the store was a complete clusterfuck. Multiple people were arguing with store employees even though they clearly had no control over the situation. One man was irately explaining to an employee that he had no other time to shop during the weekend and needed his stuff now. An elderly woman was confused as the situation and two employees were trying to explain to her that they couldn't check her out without the POS system being back online. The store had apparently started allowing people to leave their carts at the front of the store with the promise that they'd be called when everything was working again so they could just pop in, grab their stuff, and check out. Nice idea, but there was around thirty carts clogging up the area in front of the register, and I can't imagine what a pain in the ass it will be to deal with that mess until they're cleared out.

Employees at the front of the store were assuring people that the issue should be resolved in around ten minutes. I decided to go roam around the electronics and books sections while I waited, and the cashier there told a couple people that things would resolved within a half hour. Then I heard another employee in one of the aisles tell a customer "We completely understand if you can't wait this long, but I'm sure they'll have this fixed within the next hour or so." People were already annoyed, I can't imagine what it will be like in an hour as all of the front people realize they were told ten minutes so they wouldn't get upset. Hopefully they will have it fixed soon!

A few employees were explaining that they couldn't just go to another store because all Targets were affected, and at one point an employee got on the PA system and called it a "global issue." I was curious if anyone else saw this, crazy situation if it's really nation-wide, or even state-wide.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2012 is happening.

It's crazy that a retail store doesn't have a manual backup plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.