• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
So far all we've seen is the same knight character over and over. Have they confirmed there will be a character creator with different classes, armor sets, weapons, spells, etc.?

I'm a little worried they cut the game down to knight-only in order to get it out in time for PS5 launch.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
If they did that the gamer rage would be unprecedented. It'll be the full game, guaranteed.

Marketing is marketing

GFdoom

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
the game is a remake of the original, it will most definitely have all that was in it. They show the Knight character because that is the character on the cover, think of the knight as the unofficial official mascot of the souls series.

Solaire

Oct 29, 2017
My uncle confirmed there is only the knight available and every single enemy is a one hit kill. Normal difficulty will be dlc down the line.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
It was essential to us that we recreated Demon's Souls in such a way that longtime fans are transported back to the Boletaria they love. It's the Boletaria that has been growing and maturing in their imaginations for over a decade. A place where every room, corner, and corridor has a story to tell. Here, the original characters, encounters and battles are brought to life in greater fidelity, making the story even richer and darker.

Even as we went back to the drawing board to build upon the original art, sound, music, and feel, our goal was always to remain true to the vision of the original classic – its story, gameplay and level design. With this in mind, we fine-tuned the title to ensure the game remains fresh and appeals to new users accustomed to modern controls and experiences.
blog.playstation.com

Demon’s Souls – PS5 gameplay first look

An extended look at the foreboding locales and deadly enemies lurking in Boletaria.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's a gacha game now actually, have fun rolling.

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be shocked, Sony is the same company who turned TLoU into a single player game when it used to be primarily multiplayer. What a joke.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
No but judging by the gameplay it's actually a FPS set during the Iran Contra Affair.

Soulsborne gameplay demos typically have an overpowered character in order to make the demos watchable. Bloodborne's advertising made it seem like a power fantasy but it sure as hell wasn't.

As for the armor, it's iconic so gameplays been focused on that. We've only seen one demo so I wouldn't be worried and as others have said Bluepoint has openly committed to being faithful to the original.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
i understand your worries ... i mean if they changed such basic gameplay elements like dragon breath scene being 3fps it means the CORE of the game is at risk

Ocean Bones

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Now it's just an on the rails hack and slash. You press x when the character comes close to enemies and if your timing is good you win. Get perfect timing on every swing for each level and you get an S score at the end with bonus points and loot

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
There should be a 'Are you sure you want to post this thread?' notice before submitting...

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
I like how no one reads OPs.

I think you have a point, and there's a chance some things were cut in order to meet the deadline, but we don't know yet.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Every single Soulsborne trailer showed a default knight (or hunter) character and didn't show RPG menus etc.

This is nothing new or special. Demon's Souls will likely be an RPG just like the original. Feel free to remake this thread if you have actual evidence to the contrary.

Status
Not open for further replies.