• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
wegotthiscovered.com

Kingdom Hearts Show Reportedly In Development For Disney Plus

Sources close to WGTC say that Disney is working on a TV show based on Square-Enix's hit video game series Kingdom Hearts, featuring Sora, Donald and Goofy.

Alright so I usually hate giving WeGotThisCovered any attention because they are clickbait "post 18 articles a day with broad claims and eventually get 1 right" 101 style journalism, but this rumour is just so nuts that it needs to be addressed:

Sources close to WGTC – the same ones who told us the Mouse House is doing a live-action remake of Robin Hood and that a She-Hulk show is coming to Disney Plus, both of which were correct – say that the studio is developing a Kingdom Hearts TV series for their aforementioned streaming service. There are no specifics of exactly what this would be just yet, but the basic idea is that it'd feature Sora, Donald and Goofy journeying through various Disney movie universes.

LET'S GOOOOO!!!!

So would Disney actually be crazy enough to scrap a live action Tron show but move forward with Nomura's wacko child for children and families to see? Only time will tell!

Simple and clean me if old.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
This would be the dumbest and yet I would unironically like it because I make fun of it to try to hide the fact that I am unironnically emotionally invested in those dumb fucking characters THEY ARE DUMB BUT THE STORY IS SO EARNEST ABOUT IT DAMN IT

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I doubt it happens but

giphy.gif

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
An TV series is actually a great way to have the wacko story play out in a semi coherent way. And they'd have way more leeway than the games to do crazy crossover shit while sprinkling in the real story.

This actually makes a lot of sense in this context. This is a rumor I can get behind...

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
the basic idea is that it'd feature Sora, Donald and Goofy journeying through various Disney movie universes.

in their quest to discover the HEART which is inherent in the LIGHT but which is currently sundered by the DARKNESS which used to rule over the LIGHT but is philosophically disinclined to go back in time to the reality in which MICKEY MOUSE was ruler of the HEART of LIGHT and the KEYBLADE was but one of twenty eight KEYBLADES each one referring to a Jungian subtype of the psyche in which dwells the HEARTLESS but they are not truly the heartless but fuckin' PEGLEG PETE and lo, in the time before time, there was a KEYBLADE MASTER and he had seven apprentices and their backstory is very important and was only written on the back of a box of cereal only one of which was ever made and if you haven't eaten the cereal good luck figuring this part out, anyway, the HEARTLESS try to discover the SECRET of the HEART but then the BIG BAD WOLF (who represents ENNUI) wields the KEYBLADE of INTROSPECTIVE PENSIVENESS which can only be wielded by the wielder of the WIELDBLADE and then

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This may as well be a speculation thread or a "wouldn't it be cool if?" thread.

Wegotthiscovered notoriously just makes up "stories". Until there is literally any other source I wouldn't even be calling this a rumor.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't mind that if it's just the story of the games, but it will probably be more expanded universe shit that you'll have to watch to understand some 10 second cameo in some mainline game 20 years from now.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the implication that it's a reboot of the story of the game is naive to say the least. this will absolutely become required viewing for Kingdom Hearts: StReaming Limit or whatever

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
Took them long enough, I thought Disney would have explored this during the mid 2000's or the twenty-tens

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Alright so I usually hate giving WeGotThisCovered any attention because they are clickbait "post 18 articles a day with broad claims and eventually get 1 right" 101 style journalism, but this rumour is just so nuts that it needs to be addressed.
If that's the case, then no, it doesn't need to be addressed at all.

Took them long enough, I thought Disney would have explored this during the mid 2000's or the twenty-tens
They did.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Cutscenes only KH3 made me and my partner want to fall asleep so can't see this as anything other than a waste of resources. Unless it's drastically different to Nomura's latest nonsense but I really doubt that.

neptunez

Apr 21, 2018
If that's the case, then no, it doesn't need to be addressed at all.

They did.
It was explored. It was going to have a world based on the Jungle Book but production on the series was stopped.

The Kingdom Hearts Animated Series That Never Was - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Kingdom Hearts Insider - the largest kingdom hearts community and news resource on the web!
Wow, I did not know this. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.