• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: thread tittle change requested to the MOD team, I misread the Phil tweet:

That's not what that tweet is saying. It's saying that many of the Xbox studios are using UE and implying that they will of course make the switch to UE5 when the time is right. No game currently already in development is gonna use UE5 unless the developers are willing to add months of development time just to make the switch for their current project.

Here is the tweet we still need to see more confirmation from the developers but this pretty much says it, this also shows that more Xbox Game Studios teams are using UE5
what do you think?

Last edited:

xavierlv

Apr 28, 2020
I hope that's also true but it sounds like he's saying they are using UE right now, and will use UE5 in the future.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Sounds like he's just acknowledging most of their studios - including Ninja Theory - already use Unreal, and praising the potential of UE5. Not neccessarily confirming any projects for the engine.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
That's not what that tweet is saying. It's saying that many of the Xbox studios are using UE and implying that they will of course make the switch to UE5 when the time is right. No game currently already in development is gonna use UE5 unless the developers are willing to add months of development time just to make the switch for their current project.

Tribal24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lol the agenda wow, Sony didn't even do much this is going to be a interesting next few months.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
it just says they are using unreal.

how you confirm its UE5.

for all we know it could be UE2.5

Arcana Wiz

Oct 26, 2017
I think you read it wrong

He says that great many studios that use unreal engine 4 are excited to use these innovations in their next games. Not that they are already using it.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Well, you really should change your title, sounds to me that Phil Discovered UE5 with everyone else and reminds that Microsoft is developping a lot of games using Unreal and they will of course make the change later on wiht UE5.

EDIT : well it's a bit cryptic and he is mentioning Hellblade 2 for a reason I guess (ah, well, it's the only official known unreal next gen 1st party).

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's not what it says at all -- it says they are working with Unreal. If the team was working with UE5, he'd have been explicit about it, and this is far from that.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think anyone outside of Epic is working on UE5 today, except for maybe early preview/feedback on the tooling and features.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't say that, but Epic plans to make it possible to migrate software in development for UE4 over to UE5 so who knows, maybe it will if it's not out for another couple of years.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I don't think this really says much. Most of their devs Unreal which is true, but he says he is excited for his teams to bring UE5 improvements to Xbox Series X not that they are currently using UE5. Just excited to use it when it is available. Sounds like the transition from UE4 to 5 is much easier than 3 to 4.

OP
OP
ATOMICJORGE

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
That's not what that tweet is saying. It's saying that many of the Xbox studios are using UE and implying that they will of course make the switch to UE5 when the time is right.

That makes more sense then, sorry I wish there was an option to edit the tittle of my thread, can any mod help with this please?

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
It doesn't say that, but Microsoft ATG work super close with Epic, so no doubt we shall see it. I'm sure the next Gears of War game , the historic poster child for UE using UE5

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I just want to see slipspace Engine gameplay demo in action, I mean, we all know what to expect from Unreal, but Slipspace could be MS's Frostbite (without forcing their developers to use it, only used for Halo and Spin Offs)
Just think about what DICE achieves with Frostbite in the Battlefield franchise.

jony

Oct 25, 2017
Ha Ha Ha, yeah it does not say that. Says using "Unreal", could be 1.0 or 4.2 :D

We all know Unreal engine is used by multi-platform projects all over the spectrum. But they had to come out with something since PS5 is getting all the headlines w/Unreal 5.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Just like most here are saying, you may want to read what he said again. But yes eventually more and more devs will move on to UE5.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
There doesn't seem much substance here to support discussion, please see FAQ on tweet threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.