• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Trying to figure anything by looking at scum flips, confirmed night actions and stuff like that is hilarious. Like, Ket's and Fand's flips are being messed with are two still unexplained events... and they both happened during nights when the FoL team theoretically couldn't even kill.

I'm probably better off just rereading the thread itself.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
We know 2/3 of FoD and FoL, so it's worth trying to track actions vs event role blocks early on, I think. Cooking breakfast but I will take a loo when I'm back at my PC

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I think I'll be busy starting at around an hour before EoD, so given I'm certain I'll be in the running can we try and finish the day around then?

Picking between Chuggs and Sawneeks I think Chuggs is far far more likely to be FoL not only because he was targeted by Wee so is unlikely Jedah but also because his weirdness getting on and then getting off my wagon when it was between Swamped and me.
I really don't think Mao is the place to look today. He was giving me the same nervous townie vibes that OJ was giving me yesterday, and I just would rather not do that again. Swamped comes out of the day looking the worst to me. I'm going to buy Wee's story for now. It should easy enough to confirm that gossip chat exist later in the game, although it's still kind of NAI
Fuck it.

Vote: Swamped
I plan on voting for either Swamped or Kitsune today unless something crazy happens. While I still find Malus kind of shady I don't think that's where I'll be voting today. I intend to use my vote from this day forward.

I will address questions related to THIS post. This post contains my actual thoughts and is consistent with other things I've said in this thread.
I didn't enjoy the posts I saw from Malus yesterday and I pointed it out then. I haven't really changed my mind about that especially because he's not really doing anything during this phase, but I would rather go after Swamped or Kitsune first.
I went back and reread some stuff, and wow I am all of a sudden really convinced by this post.

Vote: Aeleus
Well that's easily verifiable and also usually a town power, but this game is bastard as hell
Okay, so it's probably NAI. That's fair
Vote: Swamped

I'm going with my gut here, but I'm going to buy what Aeleus is saying for now

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Announcement: Now that the last weird time zone person has died, I will stay up after days end/turbo happens and if I get all night actions will start the next day right away(after a time announcement of course). Is everyone ok with that?
I'm good with this

Out of Aeleus, Chuggs and AB I think scum is between Aeleus and AB. Though we have steals accounted for, I think it's not unlikely that the Jedah faction might have more steals than the others. They're very different to the other two scum teams, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I think AB is telling the truth about still being BP, just not town. So I'd lynch him first and then let Nat shoot Aeleus.

VOTE: absolutbro
Why don't you think Sawneeks might be scum? Just 4th place or do you actually town read her?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
So was the double kill night due to Sorian getting the vig shot? I did a quick glance and it seems like the 13-7 ratio was missed (I believe the game went 14-7, 14-6, 13-6 unless I missed something) which would make me think no.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I town read her. And while Faddy might have lied about the greencheck he got on her, or she's a godfather, it's still too far away from considering compared to the others I listed.
Faddy never got the soul stone (Loki had it if flavour is to be believed) so he never had an alignment check to begin with.

So was the double kill night due to Sorian getting the vig shot? I did a quick glance and it seems like the 13-7 ratio was missed (I believe the game went 14-7, 14-6, 13-6 unless I missed something) which would make me think no.
I think Fran got a vig shot from his item so I think that's the most likely cause for the double kill

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Ohh, I never realized that.

Then it's just that I town read her, and her role claim checks out. I doubt we have two scum commuter fake claims.
"Nah, no way two scum on different teams would fake claim commuter - especially when the one that did the counter claim was behind on the thread and thought Fran had claimed ascetic due to Aeleus's recap notes"

"Two item thieves on the same scum team is a realistic possibility"

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
"Nah, no way two scum on different teams would fake claim commuter - especially when the one that did the counter claim was behind on the thread and thought Fran had claimed ascetic due to Aeleus's recap notes"

Eh, I guess. I'll keep Sawneeks in mind, but I still don't think she's more likely scum than my current list.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
dear god can someone link me to one of those posts listing the role blocks cause holy crap I can't search and going through the thread is pain

Cat

Oct 25, 2017
US

Are these Muffin's quotes or someone else's?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that is throwing me off on Aeleus is that thunderdome swap between Brazil and maol. We still haven't found a power that could have caused that right? Aeleus can only be FoL if there's a power that caused the swap (otherwise he would have no incentive to not include maol). We also have that fucking janitor kill on Fand which is making less and less sense - about the only explanation I can see is the third Jedah member earned a janitor kill.

Are these Muffin's quotes or someone else's?
It's me being cheeky regarding Muffin's thoughts - they are not verbatim quotes.

Cat

Oct 25, 2017
US
The only thing that is throwing me off on Aeleus is that thunderdome swap between Brazil and maol. We still haven't found a power that could have caused that right? Aeleus can only be FoL if there's a power that caused the swap (otherwise he would have no incentive to not include maol). We also have that fucking janitor kill on Fand which is making less and less sense - about the only explanation I can see is the third Jedah member earned a janitor kill.

It's me being cheeky regarding Muffin's thoughts - they are not verbatim quotes.
Oh thanks, lol.

I'm trying to quick read during this break. 3 hour long classes. -_____-

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Also I'd just like to point out all three scum teams had an item steal (Fran for FoD, Vere for FoL and Weemadarthur for JA). Faddy (Neutral) took his Infinity Stones passively.

Town's item thief is ________________.

Oh wait, it's me.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
dear god can someone link me to one of those posts listing the role blocks cause holy crap I can't search and going through the thread is pain
I think these are all the roleblocks we know of
-Lone_Prodigy: Town Roleblocker (Fandorin N2, Faddy N3)
-Lokiduck: Innocent 1-Shot Roleblocker (targeted Malus N3)

-Maolfunction: Jedah Infector Roleblocker (infector, action forcer, mass RB)
-Apop: FoD Roleblocker

-Faddy: 3rd Part Survivor/Stone Collector (claimed RBd Aeleus N7)

Events:
-D1 Roleblock: Sorian, Loki, Wee, Faddy, Fanto, Stuart, Kalor
-D2 Roleblock: Fanto, Brazil, Ketkat.
-D3 Roleblock: Sorian, Kalor, Cat
-D4 Roleblock: TP, Sorian, Brazil, Aeleus

Cat

Oct 25, 2017
US
Also I'd just like to point out all three scum teams had an item steal (Fran for FoD, Vere for FoL and Weemadarthur for JA). Faddy (Neutral) took his Infinity Stones passively.

Town's item thief is ________________.

Oh wait, it's me.
This is actually why I moved my vote off you.

No time to say more. :(

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Interestingly, Ketkat's role PM was cleaned but FoD (who presumably killed her) did not have a Janitor. Verelios was a janitor, but was also already dead when Ketkat died, and required that Verelios perform the faction kill.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
also holy shit I just learned that if you click the skull near someone's name in the Vote Count page it takes you to their elimination post.

WHY ISN'T THERE A MANUAL FOR THIS THING??

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Interestingly, Ketkat's role PM was cleaned but FoD (who presumably killed her) did not have a Janitor. Verelios was a janitor, but was also already dead when Ketkat died, and required that Verelios perform the faction kill.
To build on this point, Fandorin was also killed on a Forces of Darkness kill night, and his role PM was also cleaned, but again FoD didn't have a Janitor on their team.

Hey Brazil and Muffin
I know you both said somewhere in the game thread who you put in chats and what nights, but can the two of you refresh me? This thread is too big to search well.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I'm worried that Chuggs might be NK immune or something similar but I'm otherwise ok with saving him for Natiko tonight.

I still struggle to see Aeleus thunderdome as a townie power, but...I changed my mind for now.
I haven't bothered to do this myself so I don't actually know what kind of answers you'll get but I recommend looking through past mafiera game data if you're worried gladiator might not be a town role

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I think I'm settled. Aeleus is the final FoL member. The final Jedah member has/had a swap that was used on one of their own members (maol) and Brazil. The final Jedah member also had or earned a janitor kill by N5.

Aeleus was roleblocked N4 - the death that night was Zipped. Swamped is most likely to have used her Poison kill N1 - especially after tying for second in votes D1. This would explain Zipped's death, and he is a decent fit as someone likely to slip by and not die prior to the poison taking effect (you wouldn't want to pick someone likely to be NKed or voted out). Aeleus being blocked is the reason we never saw a second kill that night.

I had also forgotten this whole weirdness D1 in which Aeleus lists three scumreads (Fran, Vere, and Zipped) and only ever bothers to push Fran strong, push Zipped moderately, and then continually claims his read on Vere is gut and not give any reasoning beyond that. Scum teams love to sprinkle scumreads around on their buddies and not follow through early on in order to have some groundwork laid to jump on a bus vote of them if needed without actually being a driving force in their vote wagon.
Currently rereading (at page 12), I'll see how far I can get in the next 30 mins and after that I'll just concentrate on what's being posted in the here and now

Current thoughts: Apop, Fanto, Maol, Faddy, Loki, Wee, Chuggenaut towny

Sus of Verilios, Fran, Zipped
I asked for 30 minutes and you couldn't even give me that :(

Fran:
Don't like the concentration he's put on chuggs this phase even if there isn't much to go on in D1, it's all policy based stuff which is ulitmately a waste of time as nobody is going to kill chuggs for it, I also think his idea of chuggs being a neutral which doesn't want to vote is ridiculous given there are so many better fake claims if that's the case. On the more tenuous side I'm pretty sure he noted that voting was important for the votelog but has now changed tracks to say the important thing is having a vote at EOD for pressure, so I'm not a fan of that.

Verelios:
Vibes really, just feel his posts have been a bit hollow.

Zipped:
Low activity so there isn't that much to dig into but I hated these two posts

In terms of adding players to the name salad I'd put fandorin in the town and TP in the susp

I think I'm incapable of reading OJ, too much hostility for me
To defend my bad reads A) It's day one B) I haven't even read all the thread and C) It's me what did you expect

There's no chance that Vere is going today so I'm going to reread them during the night (if I get the chance)

Of the 9 posts of Zipped I find 3 to be anything other that fluff

Underlined is them finding an easy way to throw shade on multiple players for something I see as NAI

There wasn't a gambit and Brazil wasn't in contention, unless the question mark is meant to show bewilderment of the vote this is a pretty bad post

In this apparent reads list Zipped fails to actually give any scum reads and doesn't give any reasons for his 4 towns (meta I guess). Otherwise this is entirely fluff
I skipped page 22 - page 26, just didn't have the time. I don't get why you'd need to read every post a player has made to get a read on them.

Your posts were aggresive and had taken up a lot of space, it would be hard not to notice them. My read of you was on my mind as I was reading the thread, I didn't need to go back through your posts at all when I made my readlist esque thing

Verelios just gave me bad vibes as I've said so that when it came to thinking about creating my reads list I didn't have a concrete view of him, I'd have to of reread him if I was going to give a more detailed read.

Fun bonus of Swamped wanting to divert votes away from potentially FoL/FoL scum wagons (after having already lost Vere the night before):
I'll vote for Aeleus to save myself. There is a clear Vere connection so we'd benefit from a flip. I'd rather stick with Faddy.

VOTE: Aeleus

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
VOTE: Sawneeks

I was wondering since I've been in the game for so much longer than Fanto if I was coming close to his post count.

Nope.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
They would have had to start with 2 shots that stick to someone, or flipping with a clean role PM was the role of either Ketkat or Fandorin.

I apparently need to read outermafia more.
The first point is actually a good thought - sometimes janitor is a separate action as opposed to a kill modifier. Not sure why the difference in information provided between the two flips though. If it sticks it actually better explains what happened N5 because of Fran's additional kill missing if Jedah sent an actual kill now that I think about it.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Since it appears the reasons for scum reading me have gone in a big circle I'm looking forward to FoL flipping today and tomorrow being read as the final member of Jedah for using the word till :P
It's also process of elimination, but the case on you being FoL fits better than for anyone else I think - especially the N4 death of only Zipped.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
So according to Aeleus's list, Brazil created chats for Verelios\Weemadarthur, and Brazil\Fando
Sorian was put into chats with Weemadarthur and L_P.

You two discussing that doesnt surprise me.
My vote will almost certainly be on either Aeleus or Sawneeks today. But if they flip town, we have to move into "whose claims are shakiest" territory, and unless you can give me a good solid reason for scum to have a Plague Doctor, there's no doubt to me who has the shakiest claim. Plus, your flip tells us about Brazil, since his green-check relies on you not lying about your power. I mean, his claim is sketchy enough since both of his chats targeted people who never got a chance to confirm them, so without your check, Brazil could easily be our final Jeddah's Alliance.

But for now I believe the checks, so Aeleus or Sawneeks.