• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
I'd totally blanked out that VA protected Aeleus N2. Can someone link me to that tallying of who people wanted in the thunderdome?
From Aeleus:

Sorian: Ket, TP, L_P
Aeleus: Fran, Zipped, TP
Wee: Apop, neon, kits, faddy
Fran: Neon, Ketkat, Zipped, Maol
Fanto: Kalor, Apop, Kits, Malus
Cat: Faddy, Wee, Stuart
TP: Maol, Neon, Stuart
Maol: ???
Kalor: Neon, Maol
Stu: Kits, TP
Muffin: ???
L_P: TP
Brazil: Ketkat, Maol
Fandorin: Maol, VA
Ketkat: Kits, Malus
Apop: Faddy, fanto
Absolutbro: L_P, Ket
Zipped: Sorian?
Kits: ???
Loki: Maol
Neon: VA, TP, Malus, Ket
Chuggs: Kits
VA: Maol
Malus: Faddy,
Faddy: Apop, TP, Malus

1. [She/Her] Cat - CST = 0
10. [He/Him] Brazil - GMT-3 = 0
11. [He/Him] Fandorin - GMT-3 = 0
3. [He/Him] Fantomas - CDT = 1
5. [He/Him] Kalor - BST = 1
7. [He/Him] Fran - GMT-3 = 1
8. [They/Them] Sorian - CST = 1
16. [They/Them] Weemadarthur - CST [Wee] = 1
6. [He/Him] Stuart444 - BST [Stu] = 2
14. [He/Him] Zippedpinhead - GMT-5 = 2
18. [He/Him] Vincent Alexander - CST-6 = 2
9. [He/Him] Lone_Prodigy - EST = 3
13.[He/Him] Apopheniac - EST = 3
17. [he/him] NeonBorealis - CST = 4
19. [He/Him] Malus - CEST = 4
20. [He/Him] Faddy - UTC+1 = 4
12. [She/Her] Ketkat - GMT-4 = 5
15. [She/Her] Kitsunelaine - GMT+12 = 5
2. [He/Him] TearablePuns - EST = 6
4. [He/Him] Maolfunction - PST = 6

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
From Aeleus:

Just to remind people, only of a couple of these are from people who actually requested people in a thunderdome, the rest were done by me rereading the thread in order to try and find who they scum read

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Sorian, Wee, Fanto and Fran were the only ones who actually responded to my request
-----

On this new line of thinking I'd remind everyone that VA used his BP on the same night as he healed so this isn't unheard of

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Let this be post 10,001.

VOTE: Muffin
I see where you're going with this - but I'm not sure that it's as conclusive as you think. Geno can design roles to ignore the limitations set in place for a normal role. I don't think it's the same as final scum getting to kill and use an action.

From Aeleus:

Thank you. I dunno - with Aeleus seeming unlikely to be FoL and Chuggs still seeming less likely in my opinion I think I might go with Saw today after all.

Oct 26, 2017
You mean hand out a BP or what was it?
Yes. I gave BP to Absolut and Healed Chuggs that same night. Again though---Geno responded that I could not do two actions in a single night, which I was cool with. Then he decided that nah, I could do both. I took that to mean that my Heal wasn't hitting someone actually getting targeted, so he wasn't going to make a big deal out of it. I could be wrong though.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. I gave BP to Absolut and Healed Chuggs that same night. Again though---Geno responded that I could not do two actions in a single night, which I was cool with. Then he decided that nah, I could do both. I took that to mean that my Heal wasn't hitting someone actually getting targeted, so he wasn't going to make a big deal out of it. I could be wrong though.
I doubt Geno would change the rules because you missed with one action. He probably just forgot you could do both.

Oct 26, 2017

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I see where you're going with this - but I'm not sure that it's as conclusive as you think. Geno can design roles to ignore the limitations set in place for a normal role. I don't think it's the same as final scum getting to kill and use an action.
That's not what I'm getting at. I don't think it's a "last scum" thing.

malus was already a confirmed town universal back up.

But then comes around Muffin and he can not only copy multiple town powers in their entirety without the original user needing to die, but also use multiple commands at the same time?

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017

But then comes around Muffin and he can not only copy multiple town powers in their entirety without the original user needing to die, but also use multiple commands at the same time?
Multiple town powers restricted to robots so far. Do you think I would have had any chance at copying all robot characters if I wasnt able to copy all the time and do one action additionally? I missed Kits already, restricting the role further would make it even weaker.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
I mean Im literally sitting on my second normal copy shot and cant use it anymore because all robots are dead

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

Okay, but then either way what you're saying is "this user was able to use multiple commands in a night, but it's unrelated to them being the final scum on a team or not" at which point the counter is why is Muffin using two actions relevant at all if it's not directly linked to them being scum? The role can be designed that way regardless of alignment. The point about him being able to outright copy players is a better point, but his copy was limited both by aligment and some other factor that people have speculated is robot shit but who knows. Malus was just a full backup and would get anything from town as opposed to having to find a valid target.

Also, I'm of the thought that Megaman has to be Muffin's actual character name and if it's not and Geno let him use his fake claim for the town confirm then fuck this whole game to hell.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Firstly I don't actually believe VA protected you last night, because I have some kind of faith in his ability.

Secondly you are with out a doubt the worst target scum could have picked for a night kill.

Thirdly we don't know whether FoL could even attack last night, it's an assumption based on Dharkon's defeat making them stronger but it isn't definite by any means.
I feel like you knew VA was lying :x
I wanted to avoid doing this because I'm almost certainly going to lose due to it, but I just don't feel confident enough that we're going to land on the last FoL team member. I'd feel really bad if withholding this cost town the game.

FoL definitely powered up after the death of FoD. I know this because my BP was hit last night. I was hoping VA wouldn't claim his protection, or would retract the protection of Chuggs but that's not happening which removes any chance of bluffing the last FoL member out. If we voted them out today I probably would have been fine because Jedah wouldn't be likely to go after me I assume (since it's weird as hell that scum in general did), but if we miss I'm probably dead and town wouldn't know what happened.

If we hit scum today I kindly ask that Vincent Alexander at least consider protecting me as town will be in a really strong position, and I'd only need one additional kill beyond the next night that they wouldn't be able to stop even if they target do target me afterwards. If we don't then I get it - I'll just embrace my death and loss. Thanks a lot Sorian.

----

As far as what this information actually tells us - not a ton other than WIFOM about FoL being a player that thinks I would target them soon, Chuggs had that weird post earlier that almost seemed like a slip that he knew my BP was gone but idk, and Chuggs can be FoL still (but he could have been Jedah regardless so not big change).
Aaaand this just kinda confirms it. Nat makes way more sense as a target than Chuggs.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
As promised I'll now be leaving, there's a small chance I'll be able to quickly have a look on mobile but it's unlikely.

Final thoughts:

1. If you kill me, don't just start mindlessly turboing less than 3 hours after day start :/

2. While I believe them to be town turned SK, if FoL knew about the Galeem event then Stu/Natikos plays are pretty great for trying to maximize chance for winning off that. Less likely once we start seeing double kills.

3. Fandorin's role claim was freakishly close to Stan's so I still feel like there's a decent chance he might be the final Jedah member and we just weren't notified. If this is the case then I'd actually put Sawneeks ahead of Chuggs in scumminess, gut.

4. If people haven't already I highly recommend keeping your own colour coded voting record on a google doc or something, been very helpful for me this game.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Also, I'm of the thought that Megaman has to be Muffin's actual character name and if it's not and Geno let him use his fake claim for the town confirm then fuck this whole game to hell.
^^^^

This. If muffin is scum then I have words for Geno during post game.
For God's sake don't make this be the reason we lose this game.

(Well, in case of Natiko... you know)

The last time we had conflicting claims in this game, we found scum.

How is town universal backup x 3-times simultaneous town backup with multiple night commands not a conflicting claims scenario?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I don't buy Chuggs as scum simply because no scum with only 2 teammates would do what he did during D1.

Aeleus' claim opposite Swamped during D2 also makes it really hard for me to buy the as her scummate. The only scenario I could see for them would be the last Maolmate, but I haven't looked into that.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
For God's sake don't make this be the reason we lose this game.

(Well, in case of Natiko... you know)

The last time we had conflicting claims in this game, we found scum.

How is town universal backup x 3-times simultaneous town backup with multiple night commands not a conflicting claims scenario?
We just had the same thing with Stan and Fando who had similar roles, and are both town. Stan we know, Fando cant be not town if we believe the 3 three people scum teams theory.

And they're balanced differently than you're saying. I'm not 3 times as powerful as malus. Malus could backup anybody, barely any risk of not getting to use the shot involved.

Oct 25, 2017
Fine, let's go with Neeks today. My case for Aeleus isn't as strong as I thought it was also, so I'm okay with clearing up Neeks here.

Vote: Sawneeks

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
We just had the same thing with Stan and Fando who had similar roles, and are both town. Stan we know, Fando cant be not town if we believe the 3 three people scum teams theory.

And they're balanced differently than you're saying. I'm not 3 times as powerful as malus. Malus could backup anybody, barely any risk of not getting to use the shot involved.
Fand could be another harmful neutral. We don't know what he was, and the dichotomy with Stan tells me he was lying when he claimed to me.

I don't know how many times more powerful you are than malus - that's not the issue. The issue with malus is simply that your role is redundant with his in the game.

You're too powerful by yourself.

What possible reason could you have to be able to use two commands at the same night? If you'd copied Kits, would you be able to use three commands at the same time?