• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Basically, my thread pertains to what Sam more or less says in this video:

(and yes, I know using a video connected to Tarantino, the man who loves to use that word as much as he can in his works isn't a good look, but it illustrates the following point)

I've had many people tell me that when discussing "that word", that it feels disrespectful to cover it up and tip-toe around it with ridiculous nicknames like "the N-word". In fact, I've been told before that just the mention of "the N-Word" gives that phrase the original power of the word itself, and thus just creates the problem all over again, so in their words "might as well be adult about it".

Personally I want to die without ever having said the word, but I think it's a point in of itself that side-stepping it is a problem in of itself in a country that whitewashes and tries to soften history. Whether is valid or not I can't speak to, but I was wondering what Era's thoughts on this were.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I'm all for white people being uncomfortable to use the nword.

No one person can decide what power a word should have

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
IxFV8ej.png

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I recently "had" to say it during rehearsal. We (sadly?) didn't manage to get the rights for a stage production after all but it was one of the most uncomfortable two hours of my life. It doesn't really help that my co-actor who I was supposed to say it to was pushing for us to do this play. It just felt wrong and part of me is glad that I don't have to do it anymore.

Deleted member 48828

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 21, 2018
There's nothing weird about starting a thread so you can humble brag about never saying the n-word, no siree.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It's fuckinf simple. Say it if you want. Nobody is going to throw you in jail for doing so. But you don't get to control how people react to you saying it.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
We feel the the thread will not lead to meaningful discussion so we are locking it

Status
Not open for further replies.