• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Afrocious

Oct 27, 2017
I don't even want to try playing it on my PS5. I have no clue why what's arguably the best game on the PS4 is a step away from entering where Demon's Souls used to be.

Does From hate money? Does Sony hate money? What's gained from just not doing anything with Bloodborne in 2021? Like Horizon Zero Dawn's recent patch for the PS5 breathed a whole new life into that game - it's visually stunning.

I'm not even asking for Bluepoint to remake the game. Does it need it? Would it need to be remade?

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I'd just love to see a patch that enables 60fps and a higher resolution. :(

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
At this point it feels like Sony and From Software are purposefully ignoring the game. No PS4 Pro patch, no PS5 patch, no word on any updates. At this point I have no idea what they're thinking.

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Does From hate money? Does Sony hate money? What's gained from just not doing anything with Bloodborne in 2021?

Bloodborne didn't sell gangbusters. It sold fine.

Also, it took Horizon nearly a year to get a PS5 patch, and it DID sell gangbusters. I'm sure a PS5 Bloodborne patch is coming at some point.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Needs to come to PC/PS5.

I've no idea why they're ignoring the demand, unless they want to use a remake to launch future hardware.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I have faith, but I really wish that these companies would be OK with just telling us it's never gonna happen if... well it's never gonna happen.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was told people cared a lot about backwards compatibility here, I guess that was wrong

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At least we can play Bloodborne on PS5 and maybe PS6 and... so it'll be there for people who want to play it on new consoles. Unlike lots of PS3 games (MGS4 for example) which remained in 7th gen.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
hipsters on the internet worship this game so it'll never disappear

the fans of this game are always drama queens

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Let's face it: There are more profitable IPs to invest in than Bloodborne.

Warhawk, for example.

:(

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Why is it "one generation away from disappearing" ?

Because people are silly and like to make overly dramatic proclamations. Sony's invested a lot of effort into PS4 BC and it's all but certain future generations will continue on the x86 platform so there's not much reason to assume PS4 games will be left behind when the PS6 rolls around.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Just say you want a ps5 patch lol no need for the hyperbole. From never bothered with a pro patch, feels like they dont bother with such things.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
sony's not ignoring this. if anything the demand probably pushed it from a free upgrade like Horizon that would've come out sooner rather than later, to a full on ps5 version.

if anything we're telling them we're willing to spend money on a ps5 vers

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hipsters on the internet worship this game so it'll never disappear

the fans of this game are always drama queens
oh I'm sorry

don't mind me swagging over here

a-meme-from-the-best-dark-souls-game-70356963.png

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry, OP.

Come the PS6 it'll be remade with slightly nicer graphics.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Playing DS remake atm, loving every second of it. If they, Bluepoint, is given the same mandate and opportunity for a BB remake of similar quality then I will cry tears of joy.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It's backwards compatible. This thread is ridiculous.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Ever heard of x86?

For all intents and purposes, a PS4 game is also a PS5 game.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
We can discuss and bemoan the sad fact that there is still no sign of a next gen Bloodborne patch all day long, but let's not frame the thread about a hypothetical future that is years out and as of now unlikely to actually even come to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.