• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018

y8op_df.jpg

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's really clear that Kojima has been dying to make a movie for the last decade, maybe longer, so sure, go ahead.

I'm sure Refn will get involved somehow and it'll be an absolute clusterfuck of heady, surreal nonsense and I cannot wait.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather watch a Kojima movie than play Death Stranding for 40 hours. Not trying to troll, I just think it looks very boring and won't be bothering. I hope others enjoy it.

Kojima's best stories have been tongue in cheek, proud of being a video game and have characters called Vulcan Raven and a villain who is an electric soviet colonel. When he tried to tackle language and peace as themes in PW and TPP, I believe he fell flat on his face and unfortunately I don't believe he has the talent to direct a serious movie. I guess critics would laugh his type of comments out of the room 'Words and deeds'

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I'd be happy with that, he's clearly a filmmaker trapped inside a games developer's body.

First port of call, can he please produce the Metal Gear Solid movie? :p

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
can't really go worse than final fantasy spirits within

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
I am really excited about this. Kojima has excellent taste and often his works mirror things like Blade Runner, Akira, or Stalker. Playstation Productions or Disney better get on the phone.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I hope it is an animated TV series.

I find the already making movie jokes funny. Did we time travel back 10 years?

People's complaints about MGSV was too little story too much gameplay. And now Death Stranding also apparently is too long gameplay wise.

Deleted member 35653

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
Natural evolution? I mean according to reviews DS gameplay served just as a contour for the story and cinematic sequences. Better ditch it, since it was bad apparently, and do what you feel. Good luck.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I can see him making some Netflix show along the lines of Sex, Death and Robots.may as well give it a shot and see how it goes Kojima.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like a terrible thing.the reason why he works in the gaming because there's no man like him but in the movies there's tons of guys like him.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
For better or worse it'll be interesting to hear how film critics judge his work independent from a game.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
It will be ineteresting to see how people outside videogames will react to his overthought bullshit.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Advent Children Complete is a good action anime. Too bad that you need to read a (solid) LN to get the story or even set-up.
Something something MGS 4. Insert joke [here]. DS is further reported to have a 2-hour cutscene.

Status
Not open for further replies.