• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
NGL, Hideo Kojima is the last person I'd listen to regarding opinions on what constitutes good cinema.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
I'm sure this movie is capable of being good without validating incel ideology. Come on let's enjoy a comic book movie with Kojima. I hope it's good can't wait to catch a showing.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Do we need another thread where people only hate on Kojima? The man has an opinion

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
My problem with the potential of this actually being a GREAT FILM tm is that it looks like it cribs from Taxi Driver and King of Comedy to a fault, like it'll be distracting me the whole time rather than feeling like an original thought or a truly good work of art that just stands on its own.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I mean...I'm looking forward to seeing it but change the history of cinema?

giphy.gif

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kojima's modern takes on film just aren't for me. He had better taste in the 80s and 90s.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
He tweeted more about it and to my understanding (I read the English tweets only) he loved the first half of the movie, probably the part he is praising in the quote, but he also said the second half isn not gonna be loved by most - for me it meant that he didn't like it.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Oh shit, Hideo Kojima is rising up!

Kojima is true gamer, confirmed.

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
It's just his opinion on a movie ya'll. Half of us called some seriously whack movies the GOAT and then followed it up the next month with another in-your-opinion GOAT.

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
That seems a little dramatic, but I have heard good things about the film. MGS4 is also one of my favorite movies so I trust Kojima on this.
I'm gonna see it tomorrow and see what I think; a friend gave me free tickets and I find the concept of this movie interesting but as something that'd be difficult to pull off well. I'm not the biggest movie buff but the idea of a movie about a villain seems so hard; how do you give something like that an ending that's satisfying?

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
I can't say I'm surprised that Kojima likes this movie - if I were to guess, he seems like the kindof guy who is a big fan of Escape from New York, They Live!, The Thing, The Manchurian Candidate, Taki Driver etc. - Adding Joker to that list isn't a huge leap.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
While I think he's up his own ass at times, dude has good taste in movies at least. I trust that this movie will actually be good.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Are you serious? Your cool with the toxic slander and constant trashing of a person? The former threads on Kojima had broken down into some insane accusations. This isn't a good look.
What toxic slander? We are not allowed to criticise other peoples points of views just because they are famous individuals? That cult of personality is just as bad as what you are trying to imply here.

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like it belongs in a Joker review thread and not as its own thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.