• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

out_of_touch

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't look like there's much to hate about him on the surface, considering he was the spark plug keeping the Mega Man series going for so long.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a combination of the MN9 debacle, and how much Capcom improved after he left.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Mighty Number 9 being a disaster and also some stuff that came out about a lot of Megaman's woes in the later years actually being the fault of Inafune as well. Also Hideki Kamiya calling him more of a businessman than a developer/creator and people love Kamiya.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
latest

Bookman

Oct 27, 2017
I hope that nobody hate him but google mighty number nine and you will see whay hes career imploded

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Inafune also pushed for the western studio approach at capcom too you know. Which killed Dead Rising. Not to mention approving things like Bad Box Art Mega Man at the worst possible time.

MN9 is just a bonus on why hes disliked.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
He was the massive push for Capcom to reboot and westernisation of the major series all which failed miserably and nearly killed of some major IPs

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He talked shit for a long long time that Japan is dead, then this gen Japan came back full time while he took in more money than anyone before him on kickstarter and release a shitty game while also trying to crowdfund more games/anime/whatever before Mighty No 9 was even finished

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
He carried this idea that Capcom (or japanese devs as a whole) can't make good games anymore and thus started an outsourcing campaign.

People are talking about Capcom's redemption arc mostly because they are doubling down on quality games that fans want. And making them internally and in-house with universal acclaim. Capcom's "worst" game as of late is Mega Man 11. I mean think about that.

For all we know Inafune probably wanted Resident Evil outsourced. And technically we got a few of those as well. Forgot what they were called. Operation Raccoon City or something?

Zedelima

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I get that people think he never created MM or something like that?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mighty No 9 and the fact he was responsible for the "fuck Japan the west is were its at" attitude Capcom had for a few years.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
People were fine with him until the split, Kamiya's dismissive attitude towards him, and the over promises of Mighty Number 9.

I think it's a combination of the MN9 debacle, and how much Capcom improved after he left.
Capcom did a lot worse after he immediately left. Hell, Capcom didn't really improve until this last year or so, and even that is debatable when you have SF5 still stumbling to this day. Inafune kept a lot of projects afloat that wouldn't have seen the light of day, and the day he left spelled the doom for a ton of them.

Like there are legitimate reasons to be disappointed in the man, but he did a lot of good for the company and gamers in the time he was around.

Status
Not open for further replies.