• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should silly threads ever be locked?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Lock this thread asap

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is extremely frustrating. If i got a hot take that i really really need to get out there just let me. The thread is gonna get locked anyway what's the harm? Those shitposts are lost forever because you can't just easily recycle them on another thread. It's wasteful.

Agree?

Blue Lou

Oct 26, 2017
If a mod is feeling playful, they can add their own hot take and close this thread. ;)

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I've been banned as I was writing up a clarification post.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I get what you mean. But if you are talking about that Pete thread, just post whatever you'd want to say in the 2020 Primary thread. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would want to continue the discussion there.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd say worse is when you write a long ass response and the thread gets closed lmao. You can't get that time back!

Yeezus

Nov 27, 2017
One time I typed out this monster of a paragraph in defense of FFXV only to find the thread had gotten locked. I jettisoned it on Twitter in a 13-tweet thread. It felt... cathartic.

SR7212

Avenger
Aug 17, 2018
Worse when you type a lengthy, long-drawn-out, protracted reply without saving and your screen locks up or crashes. Aghhhh.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Whenever it happens, I get scared that I've been banned. lol

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
For me like 99% the threads are locked for good reason so I'm glad there locked.

Well yeah sure but it sucks to work out a post that would've ended up in the hall of fame only to see the thread locked before I'm able to post it.

Locked threads have withheld the community from incredibly funny and witty posts.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it happened to me a couple of weeks ago. My post was pretty much immaculate and I was so proud of it and... alas. Took like 5 minutes of my literal finite time alive too. Oh the humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.