• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
As we all know, JK Rolling name attached to anything these days isn't a good thing. What she has said about the trans community is awful and something must be done.

I am personally very excited about this game, an open-world Hogwarts RPG? That sounds amazing, of course, though JK Rolling making a profit from this really sucks and takes down any positive reception the game will get.

It's been rumoured that Warner Bros. is being really cautious with this game and it was even rumoured to be at The Game Awards but it just wasn't.

What do you think Warner Bros can do to make everyone (but JK) happy?

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
First off, I don't think this kind of discussion is allowed here, but I may be mistaken.

Second off, I sincerely doubt they're going to do anything whatsoever to address the criticism.

Edit: Also, JK Rowling will make money off of this game regardless. There's no scenario where you can buy this game new without supporting her.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it bothers Warner Bros as much as we'd hope it would considering they're going full hog on the TV/movie side with a Harry Potter gameshow, Harry Potter reunion and obviously advertising the new Fantastic Beasts movie.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They could do a little video of putting all the source code on a USB and then smashing it with a hammer. That'd be fun.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
They release the game, it'll get bad press from this site and other game sites cause Rowlings terfdom, but the game will still gets good reviews, sells a lot, and JK will continue to be a toxic terf. WB is going to head in the sand and count the money as it comes in.

AArouet

Dec 25, 2020
The fact they're releasing the 20th anniversary of the first movie (or whoever owns the right) plus the new fantastic beast movie (think I saw a trailer for it), I don't even think they care that much. They're probably worried about the immediate backlash but know in the end what we also here know too.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Probably just one big focused media blitz in the 6 weeks or so before it releases. Given its pr challenges it's probably better to put everything into one packed package rather than spreading it out over months

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
While we will be hosting a barebones OT after the game releases so that people may discuss the game and it's issues, we have decided not to host any threads meant to promote or advertise the game due to Rowling's transphobia. As a result we are locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.