• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Looking at it this way, town doesn't have any reason to want Sorian to live, scum might want Sorian to live as he could be scum, therefore killing him blindly is a town aligned play.

Breadcrumbing is the ultimate town meta, if you're not doing it in your first post, that's probably a scum tell

At this point, I feel it would be wierd to start a mafia game without seeing LiS gifs

I'm smelling something in this poast. Smellin really weird. Keep an eye on this one

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So, two hours in and we've got Sorian claiming as a Sleepwalker of some sort? Meh.

Speaking of it having only been two hours:

Sup with these vague early reads? Why is Chugg townie so far? Why is Sae scummy so far?

After pressuring him in his first post it seemed like if Kalor was about to claim, but he quickly clarified it was a joke, if he were scum I think he would just waited for the inevitable claim

Saenima is just gutfeels

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think most of you are conflating two different things. I would be claiming this role right now regardless. It's always plus to town for confusing roles to claim early. The odds of it fucking up the bigger town is larger than confusing smaller mafia. Yes, there are other factors but I can't exactly guess which faction has exact roles at the moment.

My "jokes" that I'm due for dying have no bearing on my claim. I do think it'll happen within a couple games but then also, I'm not super scared here, there's no Hecht or Kawl here to rally it for day 1. Maybe Vere would be eh. All that aside though, stop pretending I claimed in an attempt to roll over for anyone.

Oct 27, 2017
OH btw

I will probably be out on some farm on Monday morning at 10:00 AM in the morning (Horse manure is helluva wake up call, especially on Mondays) so if I don't post until after 1PM in the noonish time. don't get any high falutin ideas.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Oh wow, so many people, so many posts. Took a while to catch up.

I don't believe sorian.
Boat's out on Rover.
I think saenima is scum but they're making me laugh so I want to keep them for a day.

Hey Dani. What's your dumbest mafia move ever?

I'd say being overly excited at my first Mafia game, talk too much, mentioning all scum members in a single post and be lynched day one.
I hope this game goes better. I know it's a low bar lol.

I am going to go ahead and make a claim now also.

We are playing Mafia.

Call me out on it. I dare you.

Are you breadcrumbing scum? That's new. /jk

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think most of you are conflating two different things.
I'm not conflating those things. I just don't think you truthfully extrapolate the already-negative-utility role of sleepwalker as a plausible bastard one that could be directly harmful based on "some elements". It's more likely to me that you made up sleepwalker for reactions, or are laying groundwork to explain how on day 6, you just happened to be at exactly the place a townie died overnight for 5 nights in a row.

Seeing bastard elements in your role card, I do believe. But not that one.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say being overly excited at my first Mafia game, talk too much, mentioning all scum members in a single post and be lynched day one.
I hope this game goes better. I know it's a low bar lol.
Brilliantly calling out an entire scum team on day one is your WORST move? Beg pardon?
Surely that was your best ever play ever.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not conflating those things. I just don't think you truthfully extrapolate the already-negative-utility role of sleepwalker as a plausible bastard one that could be directly harmful based on "some elements". It's more likely to me that you made up sleepwalker for reactions, or are laying groundwork to explain how on day 6, you just happened to be at exactly the place a townie died overnight for 5 nights in a row.

Seeing bastard elements in your role card, I do believe. But not that one.
What be these elements?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
EmCvu00.gif

Hmmmm....

Vote: Kopite

Are you Scum again, Kopite?

Also, spoiler tag which ending you chose in LiS.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
What do you think of Rover so far in this game?

That whole exchange in posts #114 - #124 felt kind of weird, but I can't really express how.

In general, with the amount of people and the lack of information about the possible setup, plus the unknown bastard elements... Don't really have a clear idea of what's going on. Did everyone post yet by the way?

Oct 27, 2017
That whole exchange in posts #114 - #124 felt kind of weird, but I can't really express how.

In general, with the amount of people and the lack of information about the possible setup, plus the unknown bastard elements... Don't really have a clear idea of what's going on. Did everyone post yet by the way?

Day one?
Bastard elements?
No one knows what they're dojng?
SHITPOSTING?

IN MY MAFIA GAME??????????

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Did everyone post yet by the way?
No i think we're missing 4 ppl

Absolutbro has limited posting time phases
Girlofgotham seems to sick to a consistent schedule of availability
Geno i don't recall posting yet but i may have missed it, he usually has more time freedom but it's the weekend and most people are less available then.
And uh. Someone else. I can't remember 4 things at once so I think I'll go to bed.

Someone make brazil talk enough for me not to automatically think he's scum based on post count, wouldja?

Oct 25, 2017
Oh God, Geno is in this game.

I remember Brazil saying once that he hated how he would get scum read if he tried to do what LP does, and...yeah

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Answering to my own question... no, some people is still missing.

Day one?
Bastard elements?
No one knows what they're dojng?
SHITPOSTING?

IN MY MAFIA GAME??????????

giphy.gif

No i think we're missing 4 ppl

Absolutbro has limited posting time phases
Girlofgotham seems to sick to a consistent schedule of availability
Geno i don't recall posting yet but i may have missed it, he usually has more time freedom but it's the weekend and most people are less available then.
And uh. Someone else. I can't remember 4 things at once so I think I'll go to bed.

Someone make brazil talk enough for me not to automatically think he's scum based on post count, wouldja?

Ty4on is also missing in action, but it's probably because of timezones.

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, I'm going to Coachella this upcoming weekend and my post count is probably going to tank, but I'll still be around because I'm a champ.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Whoops sorry actual-sparky, that didn't show as a proper username on the dropdown list....you uh....aren't needed in this weird game thread, carry on with your normal posting routine.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Whoops sorry actual-sparky, that didn't show as a proper username on the dropdown list....you uh....aren't needed in this weird game thread, carry on with your normal posting routine.

Gosh, now I'm gonna be terrified at the idea that some weird bastard role can enroll Era users that aren't even playing the game by mentioning them.
That would be a nice power tho.

(/jk ofc)

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Gosh, now I'm gonna be terrified at the idea that some weird bastard role can enroll Era users that aren't even playing the game by mentioning them.
That would be a nice power tho.

(/jk ofc)
We're not really playing this game, all the dusted mafiera members are playing it. This is Volcano Island II.