• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
It's just beginners luck that I'm playing this well

Look, if Sorian is going to give you a precautionary claim as Sleepwalker, just in case some Watcher is watching, or some Tracker is tracking,

and we're going to accept that hypothesis,

then we'll play with the same assumption and say, "look, watch us, we're tasty night kill options"

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lol i like how you pinged what is probably a burner account.
I know, right? Maybe sparks thought about making an alt but gave it up as against the rules lol.

Ayyy lmao not worried about dying? Fine, the claim wins a pass for day one. Because scum may worry about protection but there's still two peeps to aim for.

Still waiting for edge to make me think my vote should move.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
But if you don't believe that hypothesis, then you've got a problem with Sorian's claim, not ours

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Good morning.

Vote: turmoil7

Still not picking up any townie vibes from Turmoil. Not that I've been picking any up from Kopite either, but Turmoil is worrying me more because of how sure I usually am about my early reads on him.

----------------

Brazil vs. Chuggs is meh, wouldn't want to vote for either of them yet.

Was that an actual claim from Sparks/Rover? I can't tell, it happened so fast and so flippantly that I just don't know.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
then we'll play with the same assumption and say, "look, watch us, we're tasty night kill options"
Oh. That's....actually not such a terrible plan. Except you outed it so now everyone knows. Which means people won't play along. But it also indicates that you sorta believe sorian's claim itself. Do you? You, rover? I don't care what sparks believes just now.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just beginners luck that I'm playing this well

Look, if Sorian is going to give you a precautionary claim as Sleepwalker, just in case some Watcher is watching, or some Tracker is tracking,

and we're going to accept that hypothesis,

Yeah no. You're just telling scum to go kill elsewhere.

This seems like a self defeating plan.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Besides, sorian's logic is that he moves, so he can be tracked. It's not the same thing at all

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
FWIW when I saw how quickly/successfully Zeke/Fanto became 'confirmed' in Maple Street I wanted to try something similar and claim early lover/neighbour if I had rolled scum

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
The more I think about the sleepwalker claim, the more I don't like it. Town-Sorian would have no way know which team has the Watcher. If scum don't have one, they certainly know now that town does, which they didn't before the claim. Sorian would have to be tracked to a consequential target/action before becoming an issue, so I really don't see how the claim helps.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
The more I think about the sleepwalker claim, the more I don't like it. Town-Sorian would have no way know which team has the Watcher. If scum don't have one, they certainly know now that town does, which they didn't before the claim. Sorian would have to be tracked to a consequential target/action before becoming an issue, so I really don't see how the claim helps.
Tracker is a semi miller in that they're designed to give false information so it makes sense to claim it early. Miller claims also inevitably inform mafia there's a cop of some kind.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda feel that this helps us avoid some misinformation though. Surely this helps a town tracker? I think getting sleepwalker claim out the way avoids a kerfuffle later.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Was that an actual claim from Sparks/Rover? I can't tell, it happened so fast and so flippantly that I just don't know.
They certainly are both claiming it at this time. Either Rover just jumped in on a strange claim or they coordinated it somewhere else together.

Could it be a scum move, yes of course. It does permanently tie them together. Also Rover is entirely capable of making up weird false claims as town. Dunno about sparks, never played with him before.

Still not sure why any alignment would claim lover and not mason. It is an 'unusual' game so maybe there's reason.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Tracker is a semi miller in that they're designed to give false information so it makes sense to claim it early. Miller claims also inevitably inform mafia there's a cop of some kind.
I kinda feel that this helps us avoid some misinformation though. Surely this helps a town tracker? I think getting sleepwalker claim out the way avoids a kerfuffle later.

Maybe because I was a tracker in my last game (with TheChuggernaut as a Sleepwalker), but IME the kerfluffle AFTER being tracked (which might not even happen) is better to deal with than risking a town PR.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A town tracker would only bring it up if sorian conveniently visited a mafia night kill. A scum tracker is better off NOT informed that alleged-town-sleepwalker exists. A town tracker therefore would conclude town-sleepwalker, who visits a not-dead person, is not a killing role, and therefore ....well not a killer. And wouldn't out them as a power role. Not without good reason.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Oh. That's....actually not such a terrible plan. Except you outed it so now everyone knows. Which means people won't play along. But it also indicates that you sorta believe sorian's claim itself. Do you? You, rover? I don't care what sparks believes just now.

I believe that the game has accepted the hypothesis. He could himself be a watcher/tracker/etc. making some sort of inverted claim (but let's not get too crazy with assumptions right now).

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yoooooooooo wut??????

Kark's a townie, I'm his in game lover

Whoa were is this coming?

Can confirm

We are in fact teenagers in love

Was going to say it's hard to believe anything Sparks says but Rover confirming at least means they are in contact behind the scenes. Judging from Rover's attitude which is basically a word version of slapping his ass and saying come get some, I'll take a wild guess and say you're masons and not lovers but whatever. That or you have some other thing going on like one of you is an additional PR as well. (Sorry, not sorry, for probably blowing up your post).

Is this a bread crumb

This post made me laugh though and deserved its own quote.

I can tell when you're lying; your lips are moving.

Actually yes, I thought you dropped those in as a reference to twilight zone. Are you repeating that those words are in there?

I wasn't talking to you when I mentioned post count.
I was talking to chuggs when I said your single post was scummy.
I can scumread you for multiple reasons at the same time.

Like the fact that when you joined the game, you only worried about yourself and how players see you, rather than actual scum hunting. That's a good reason.

Oh no sae is starting to understand my reasoning without conversation. It's like we have a silent meeting of the minds.

No i'm not busing (bussing means kissing btw) anyone, because my role card says town. If I turn out to be an Ignorant Lost Partner then I guess yay for early attacks if he is scum.

You shut your filthy mouth! It was a great joke,

Sounds like scum!Monkey fake worrying about sorians alignment. Although scum!Monkey SHOULD have done since he turned out not-town, but here chuggs just looks fake.

I think everyone is the same except Rover who was Karkador

I hope you're just lying. Please do explain how this could possibly be a good choice to claim, ever.

My role name is "The Neighbor" and my flavor has the word "voyeur" in it. Not sure why you thought that was some euphemism or reference but yes, that is directly what I am claiming. For reference, the extent of my knowledge for Twilight Zone was seeing the spreadsheet and hanging out in mod chat, I never firsthand read any of the game.

Sorian Sleepwalker over here suggests to us that some sort of tracker motion detector exists in the game.

So what does painting a big ol target accomplish?

Bait

Jail - bait

I'm confused on if you're trying to somehow leap in logic to a jailor or if you were making a bad pun that makes no sense with the rest of the post.

——

Meant to grab AB's post as well, one sec.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

If town has the tracker or watcher then 9 times out of 10, scum has a ninja anyway. I highly doubt I told them anything they didn't already know.

Maybe because I was a tracker in my last game (with TheChuggernaut as a Sleepwalker), but IME the kerfluffle AFTER being tracked (which might not even happen) is better to deal with than risking a town PR.

How am I risking a PR exactly? Knowing what roles are in the game doesn't put anyone at risk. If anything, it helps credence to their claim later (or to a scum fake claim but that suicide if they know they'll be counter claimed.

A town tracker would only bring it up if sorian conveniently visited a mafia night kill. A scum tracker is better off NOT informed that alleged-town-sleepwalker exists. A town tracker therefore would conclude town-sleepwalker, who visits a not-dead person, is not a killing role, and therefore ....well not a killer. And wouldn't out them as a power role. Not without good reason.

You said something like this last night to. I think you are assuming I'm a chess master with information that wouldn't make sense. The only way scum Sorian would know there is a tracker or watcher to even care about is if the scum team had a way to counter it (ninja) and if we had that, why even bother when they can just hide the kill trail anyway? Past that, you'd have to assume I took this cover route because....? You can go read when I'm scum, I purposely never take the first few night kills for this reason, I have no reason to try and cover for moving on a kill because I hardly ever do.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
(Quoting both since you're making the same point)

Fair enough. I was just of the impression that scum can captilise on the chaos of a tracker latching onto a sleepwalkers and yelling scum.

I can see both your points though. I had been focused on the later impact and not the current one.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Also the last game I was in had 2 sleepwalkers and my phone is apparently now autocorrecting sleepwalker to sleepwalkers. This is going to be fun.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

Like the fact that when you joined the game, you only worried about yourself and how players see you, rather than actual scum hunting. That's a good reason.
Uh huh. I'm sure that, given enough time, you can come up with many other fabricated reasons to scumread me like this one, but that's not what I asked you.

What was scummy about my first post? Stop avoiding the question.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Judging from Rover's attitude which is basically a word version of slapping his ass and saying come get some, I'll take a wild guess and say you're masons and not lovers but whatever.
Holy shit lol.

That's about where I am too, though it's more based on that it makes absolutely no sense to me to claim as Lovers out of no where.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
What was scummy about my first post? Stop avoiding the question.
Lol you took that conversation with chuggs so seriously.
I said that one player's single-post was obviously town and another was obviously scum, FOR NO REASON. Because it was funny. And chuggs, whom i was talking at, laughed and then we moved on to something important.

Why are you so worried about yourself? Ive already accepted your 'weekend' explanation of your absence in the first two hours of the game.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not making this same mistake twice. I'll put hostile Brazil over on the town bucket for now.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Lol you took that conversation with chuggs so seriously.
I said that one player's single-post was obviously town and another was obviously scum, FOR NO REASON. Because it was funny. And chuggs, whom i was talking at, laughed and then we moved on to something important.
So you came up with two separate and contradicting reasons for scumreading me in different posts, and it was all in jest? And you're accusing me of not scumhunting?

Right.

Why are you so worried about yourself? Ive already accepted your 'weekend' explanation of your absence in the first two hours of the game.
Yeah, the issue here is definitely the fact that I'm "worried about myself", and not that first you said you said this:

Someone make brazil talk enough for me not to automatically think he's scum based on post count, wouldja?
Then you contradicted yourself by saying that what I had said was scummy:

Well yes but what brazil HAS posted is scummy besides. Whereas LP is pure and clean.
Then you lashed back when confronted about it:

And now, finally, you're saying "I was just joshing geez, there's nothing to see here", when not a single one of those three posts give any indication that you were joking.

The last one above is particularly interesting, since you could've just used it to say that you were joking in the first place, but instead you went to "I can scumread you for multiple reasons at the same time."

I wonder why I'd be so focused on someone flip-flopping this much about me when the only information I have in the game in my own alignment.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

TheWorthyEdge (1 votes)
TheWorthyEdge - #79 #159
weemadarthur - #95

turmoil7 (1 votes)
Fantomas - #306

Lone_Prodigy (1 votes)
saenima - #94

TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
Brazil - #102

saenima (1 votes)
turmoil7 - #109

Sorian (0 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #52 #57
turmoil7 - #56 #109

Kopite (0 votes)
Fantomas - #176 #306

Not voting: Verelios, Vincent Alexander, Comrade Doggo Sparky, Kalor, Geno, WhySoDevious, Ty4on, Rover, Olinad, Aeleus, AbsolutBro, TheWorthyEdge, Girlofgotham, Lone_Prodigy, TheChuggernaut, Kopite, Sorian

Post Counts:
TheChuggernaut: 57 weemadarthur: 41 saenima: 21 Fantomas: 21 Brazil: 20 Comrade Doggo Sparky: 18 Sorian: 17 Rover: 14 Verelios: 13 Kopite: 11 Girlofgotham: 10 Ty4on: 8 Olinad: 7 turmoil7: 6 Kalor: 6 Aeleus: 5 AbsolutBro: 4 Vincent Alexander: 4 Lone_Prodigy: 2 TheWorthyEdge: 2 WhySoDevious: 1

Current Countdown:
pti3051y1g

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I hate non-miller D1 claims because, as someone who historically almost never rolls PRs, I tend to romanticize the "claiming in the nick of time" moment, but both Sorian's and Rover's/Sparky's make enough sense that I'm not interested in touching them too much today.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't see how that lover claim makes any kind of sense, especially after spelling out the master plan.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hate non-miller D1 claims because, as someone who historically almost never rolls PRs, I tend to romanticize the "claiming in the nick of time" moment, but both Sorian's and Rover's/Sparky's make enough sense that I'm not interested in touching them too much today.

How does Rover/Spark's claim make sense on day 1 with little to not heat? All I'm seeing is Rover trying to make a flat comparison to my claim and I'm still not clear if this was discussed beforehand or if Sparks just went off the cuff and Rover adjusted. I feel like Xbro did the same in love boat 2 iirc and Rover was good at just rolling with whatever when he actually got back to the thread.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does Rover/Spark's claim make sense on day 1 with little to not heat? All I'm seeing is Rover trying to make a flat comparison to my claim and I'm still not clear if this was discussed beforehand or if Sparks just went off the cuff and Rover adjusted. I feel like Xbro did the same in love boat 2 iirc and Rover was good at just rolling with whatever when he actually got back to the thread.

Were they town or scum on loveboat?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Was it Xbro who claimed cop or whatever on D1 in that game?