• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One day I will go through a whole game without calling Fanto a different player's name. That will not be today.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Fanto, Faddy, lots of Fs, you know.

Fs to you.

I had Fantomas as town and with all the vitriol between Sorian and Rover, plus the mistrust?? of Sparky it didn't surprie me that Fanto was targeted. I thought I was in going to be a likelier night kill since I wasn't on the Turmoil vote. And that is even more likely since it would set up a Vere lynch. Unless they didn't want me and Vere dead because it exposed mafia Kopite.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Here is Fanto's last read list

My thoughts haven't changed too much as we approach EoD here. I still want to see the Turmoil flip the most. I think Faddy's read on Vere is good enough for D1 as well.

Outside of them, there aren't a whole lot of people I would super push for on D1. Kalor is a tough read for me, Kopite is still on my radar, Edge hasn't been too impressive. Gotham or Ty4on maybe, but pending the Turmoil flip.

Everyone else I think I'd be fine leaving alone for D1. Random bits of paranoia here and there, but nothing I'd really want to fight for on D1 over others.

They had kopite as scum. Kalor and Edge too. No idea if turmoil's flip makes Gotham or Ty more scummy or not.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Verelios had Gotham as his strongest town. Wee as top scum. Edge as weird. Scum probably didn't kill Vere but his reads are worth keeping in mind.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Vere's role sounds like it could have been a mayor, but at least Fanto saved us a lynch there. I'd take a closer look at Aeleus today

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad Fantomas is dead because I've sort of followed his lead a throughout all my games, and I have a habit of just assuming he is town because I've latched onto him a bit....Following a cannibal would have been bad. Still love you Fanto. Even though you might have tried to eat me.

Verelios was going to be a lynch within a day or two most likely or at least a heavy sticking point. It probably is for the best plus who knows what his role would have done.
Agreed. It would have been great if Fanto ate scum, but Verelios isn't bad because he was going to be a lynch choice.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Fantomas has left a will:
4tqQz7j.gif

Oct 26, 2017
My thoughts haven't changed too much as we approach EoD here. I still want to see the Turmoil flip the most. I think Faddy's read on Vere is good enough for D1 as well.

Outside of them, there aren't a whole lot of people I would super push for on D1. Kalor is a tough read for me, Kopite is still on my radar, Edge hasn't been too impressive. Gotham or Ty4on maybe, but pending the Turmoil flip.

Everyone else I think I'd be fine leaving alone for D1. Random bits of paranoia here and there, but nothing I'd really want to fight for on D1 over others.
I never put too much thought into someone's read list after they've been killed. Maybe he was on point with potential scum OR he was completely off, and scum wanted his death to seem like he is on to something. To me, it points to nothing.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
What's not busywork discussion right now in your mind?

I'm all ears since you seem to have disqualified all discussion so far with this logic.
I said discussing the nk is busywork. Which it is. That's not stopping you from connecting dots in other ways or actually scum hunting.

The reasoning of going through the nk to try and see why fanto was killed is.........meh? That path would likely lead nowhere and you could say that about any nk.

There's also the fact that we don't know what powers were at play last night, so saying mafia killed fanto for reads or w/e....... meh.

The fact that fanto was neutral that harmed town shades his reads as well.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Missed the end of last day. I see nothing changed and turmoil flipped town.

Fanto being neutral is cool but he's dead so that's that.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I said discussing the nk is busywork. Which it is. That's not stopping you from connecting dots in other ways or actually scum hunting.

The reasoning of going through the nk to try and see why fanto was killed is.........meh? That path would likely lead nowhere and you could say that about any nk.

There's also the fact that we don't know what powers were at play last night, so saying mafia killed fanto for reads or w/e....... meh.

We can either look for some context for the game or we can just put down stuff with no arguments.

Mafia for me in order of confidence is kopite, kalor, brazil, chuggs, Aeleus.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad Fantomas is dead because I've sort of followed his lead a throughout all my games, and I have a habit of just assuming he is town because I've latched onto him a bit....Following a cannibal would have been bad. Still love you Fanto. Even though you might have tried to eat me.

Agreed. It would have been great if Fanto ate scum, but Verelios isn't bad because he was going to be a lynch choice.

Without seeing more roles, I don't think Fanto could have eaten scum. I don't know what filthy or the other descriptor mean in context here but that could just be the scum team.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Sorian claimed Sleepwalker (Neighbor, Voyer)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ho...e-you-afraid-of-the-dark.111254/post-19845784

Comrade Doggo Sparky and Rover claimed Lovers (Teenage Lovers)
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ho...e-you-afraid-of-the-dark.111254/post-19857555

That's all the claims so far
Thanks
Without seeing more roles, I don't think Fanto could have eaten scum. I don't know what filthy or the other descriptor mean in context here but that could just be the scum team.
I think fanto could've eaten scum.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

lol this is all bad. It has the background insinuation that scum somehow knew Fanto was neutral. It doesn't matter if his reads were bullshit, it does matter that scum thought they were real. And if you want to ignore the kills then the only other "dot" you have to connect is a one-sided mislynch and either people were on it or they were not. I'm well aware NK's can be made for no real reason but it's something to look at and with how little we have, there's no reason to dismiss it out of hand. (And no, I haven't gone back to read Fanto yet because I am busy, that sounds like a project I will do when I am bored at work tomorrow).

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like the thing that really is useless is arguing whether we should discuss NKs or not.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Scrutinize my vote all you want, I also very clearly said I wouldn't be changing my vote, I even asked you all to get the heads out of your collective asses and maybe vote something useful.

Okay here's what you said:

I am, I'll take that hard L if I'm wrong. I think this wagon is shit and I'm bummed turmoil didn't do much for me to try and fight it more.

You didn't like the vote on turmoil but you weren't about to lift a finger to change people's minds.

That looks to me like you were actually fine with turmoil's vote.

But let's continue...

I just debated self voting while I was gone to make the same joke but I'll leave it on Kalor in case you all decide to have some sense. Have fun all.

Once again being rather flippant about what the result of the flip would be, but you just very lazily push Kalor at the end here.

Why were you on Kalor anyway?

It was a vote you dropped ages ago with almost no context:

VOTE: Kalor

Going to call bullshit on the gang up.

Which gang up was this? The one on turmoil?
Kalor was defending turmoil. The vote and your context make no sense.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
lol this is all bad. It has the background insinuation that scum somehow knew Fanto was neutral. It doesn't matter if his reads were bullshit, it does matter that scum thought they were real. And if you want to ignore the kills then the only other "dot" you have to connect is a one-sided mislynch and either people were on it or they were not. I'm well aware NK's can be made for no real reason but it's something to look at and with how little we have, there's no reason to dismiss it out of hand. (And no, I haven't gone back to read Fanto yet because I am busy, that sounds like a project I will do when I am bored at work tomorrow).
I didn't say anything about ignoring the kills.

Fanto being harmful neutral means we can't fully trust his reads. Has nothing to do with what mafia thought.

Vere being town means we can trust he had town's best interest at heart.

I just didn't like you linking fanto's dear to mafia > must've been fantos reads.

Scum could easily go down that same route for mislynches

*shrug*

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I see posts like the ones below and just see filler/busywork for scum to hide in.
Nothing of real substance. Just technical talk that doesn't really help town.
I'm not thrilled at all about the Vere kill because a town Vere would of been of helpful down the line, but yeah, I'm pretty sure that was Fanto trying to be pro town with his ability
Who know. That just seems like something Fanto would do. Either way he's dead now so it doesn't really do us much good to speculate about his intention was with that kill. Not to mention we don't even know for sure if he did that.
Eating 3 would have meant getting to night 6 (or more in case of misses). We don't know how many scum players are around, but maybe he thought helping town made more sense (especially after we lunched town yesterday).
Yeah for a second I thought he would die if he picked the wrong person, but it's actually not stated. He probably would just waste the action (which may have happened tonight for all we know, if there's other roles that can NK).
That was my thinking. You'd wanna hit the safest targets to get out and that is vanilla townies.
A perfect run probably just means getting to day 6. I don't think he had to actually "digest" the last person.
True, it says kill, not digest.
The chances a game this big gets to day 6 are pretty high, as it means 12 kills, but the logic of trying to balance the kills still applies. It probably would've helped with claims and stuff too.

I don't think we can get much of use out of this lead now tho, at least until we get more info...

Do cannibals usually call for a specific roleset?
I will say that you pointing out the game needed to go for that long for Fanto to win does make me think (going back to your earlier question/theory) that there probably isn't much in the way of extra killing roles. Let's assume Fanto misses once because I doubt you balance that role to be perfect. He needs the game to make it to day 7. That's 14 lynch/mafia kills + his 3 kills, that's only 5 players left in the game. So yeah, easiest solution seems more right to me. Vere killed by Fanto, Fanto killed by mafia.
Yeah, I was thinking this too. Fanto getting all his kills could of been dire for town.
I agree. I wouldn't completely discount one-shots, but in general I can't see it working with more NKs, even with a low amount of scum roles.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Which gang up was this? The one on turmoil?
Kalor was defending turmoil. The vote and your context make no sense.

Does Kalor defending Turmoil make sense? If Kalor knows Turmoil is town he could be trying to get some town cred for being right. wee also falls into this category.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a scum indicator.

>.>

I uh...may be filthy. I took a shower but what can you do. I hope fantomas died choking on me. I indicated it when I called LP clean and pure, for no reason.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
It's not a scum indicator.

>.>

I uh...may be filthy. I took a shower but what can you do. I hope fantomas died choking on me. I indicated it when I called LP clean and pure, for no reason.
Question, we have one role that interacts with the filthy or gaunt descriptor.

Why risk coming forward saying you are filthy or gaunt? What if there is another role that specifically targets filthy or gaunt?

Whether that is to kill or recruit them.
Or even to avoid them like fanto needed to do.

That comment from sorian wasn't even that serious imo to call yourself to claim filthy.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Question, we have one role that interacts with the filthy or gaunt descriptor.

Why risk coming forward saying you are filthy or gaunt? What if there is another role that specifically targets filthy or gaunt?

Whether that is to kill or recruit them.
Or even to avoid them like fanto needed to do.

That comment from sorian wasn't even that serious imo to call yourself to claim filthy.
I already tried signaling scum in case I was a lost partner but that seems a no go, [no PMs or role reversals] so seeing that it certainly related to a neutral, and seeing bad speculation in the thread, I decided to share.

If it gets me killed by not a serial killer, oh well? This is a team game. And information needs to be accurate to be helpful.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so here's what we do know. The sudden Turmoil rush wasn't a scum response to Vere gaining traction because Vere was town. Likewise the Vere rush wasn't a response to the Turmoil vote because Turmoil was town.
This is correct, and I continue my post flip plan from day one, which is to look for people who were unengaged with the day end, because the were hanging out statically being all smug.

I don't think Brazil fits in there, he at least tried to start another train, which I tried to contribute to a bit to get some movement, but was still a 3rd town train [per me of course]y, so no wonder no scum [certainly correct since there was no 2nd vote on me lol] wanted to jump to it even when a whole BUNCH of people said they'd prefer my death to turmoil's.

I'll have to go find them I suppose. This means rereading so I'll come back when done unless i lazily leave off in the middle due to *ooh shiny*.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Weems the issue isn't really whether you care about being killed due to the modifier, it's that the modifier seems to act as a defense (so far) against harmful powers.

You coming out with the filthy claim could potentially help scum.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
If we want to talk game meta then in the last game Natiko ran, it was about this size. It had 2 neutrals - 1 harmful, 1 benign. There is possibly someone out there who has to find the filthy or gaunt players and that is why fanto couldn't kill them.

That is how I would design a game.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Vere's role sounds like it could have been a mayor, but at least Fanto saved us a lynch there. I'd take a closer look at Aeleus today
You seem too certain of this night result.

vote: kopite

One of the people who seemed iffy yesterday to me, iirc, along with ty and uh. Well zeke. But at least he showed up to play, today.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Weems the issue isn't really whether you care about being killed due to the modifier, it's that the modifier seems to act as a defense (so far) against harmful powers.

You coming out with the filthy claim could potentially help scum.
For fanto it was basically a rb.

It could function that way for other roles, if they target a certain modifier.
Or it might not help scum at all. I only get given one role's info at the beginning and I make my decisions based on it. Seeing the modifier creeped me out because the sample PM didn't say anything like that with town and made me think it could be a recruit token, so I tried signaling. I got nothing. But i DID get a flip saying it was an anti target. You know what? If I'm still recruitable, then have at me, new team. I volunteer for the second day in a row!

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Or it might not help scum at all. I only get given one role's info at the beginning and I make my decisions based on it. Seeing the modifier creeped me out because the sample PM didn't say anything like that with town and made me think it could be a recruit token, so I tried signaling. I got nothing. But i DID get a flip saying it was an anti target. You know what? If I'm still recruitable, then have at me, new team. I volunteer for the second day in a row!
So you are filthy town.

You think filthy is recruitable, so you spend day 1 laying crumbs to be recruited.

You see a flip that helps you discover your modifier may help town against harmful powers.

Your actions don't make sense as town.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So you are filthy town.

You think filthy is recruitable, so you spend day 1 laying crumbs to be recruited.

You see a flip that helps you discover your modifier may help town against harmful powers.

Your actions don't make sense as town.
??
I see a flip making the modifier quite-likely irrelevant for the rest of the game, according to all the data I've got.

But hey, if you want to waste time pushing me, ok. Vote me out and then do something useful tomorrow. At least the slow probably timeline we also get from the flip indicates we might have time for pointless mislynches.

But make your arguments on real information, not hand wringing about scary potential roles that might hurt *someone else* when there's still 20 players to aim that theoretical role at. Well 19. I'm not begging for anyone with additional filthy/gaunt modifiers to out themselves, and we know there are some [bastard elements allowance here] because i am not also gaunt, just filthy.

Now get over my role-modifier claim.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also, I happen to be the best one to make this claim, because I already used the word "filthy" on day one, not knowing if it might get reactions, so it's doubtful I would ever have been targeted by Fanto, and anyway I had no way of knowing whether I was attracting the modifier-relevant attention or anti-attracting it, and also no way of knowing what fanto had in his pocket prior to his death.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Meh, ok.
Vote: Weemadarthur
The only data you have is your role and that your modifier benefits town.

Outing yourself to end speculation doesn't make sense, since you don't know the other roles at play.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If we want to talk game meta then in the last game Natiko ran, it was about this size. It had 2 neutrals - 1 harmful, 1 benign. There is possibly someone out there who has to find the filthy or gaunt players and that is why fanto couldn't kill them.

That is how I would design a game.
And if people assume that there is a second neutral relevant to these modifiers, players should think hard about whether to out themselves regarding it. We don't need a third data point to convince town the modifiers exist, since a role flip is pretty dang good confirmation of it.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't worry too much about these modifiers at the moment, especially with the only known role that interacts with it is dead. There is also the possibility that those modifiers are red herrings and nothing in the game enables them.