• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Mr. Rage. Maybe I missed it, but I feel like I haven't really heard much from you since you replaced in. What are your thoughts. Any scum/town reads?
Curious, what did you expect me to post with only five hours left in day 1 and me stating I wasn't keeping up with the thread?
You seem too certain of this night result.

vote: kopite

One of the people who seemed iffy yesterday to me, iirc, along with ty and uh. Well zeke. But at least he showed up to play, today.
What was iffy about me yesterday?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Curious, what did you expect me to post with only five hours left in day 1 and me stating I wasn't keeping up with the thread?

What was iffy about me yesterday?
Being vacant.
Would have been more damning if turmoil flipped scum and had no backup.

I did not expect much and i got it, so i'm going to evaluate you today and not with yesterday's geno reads. Such as they were.

Oct 25, 2017
EzekelRAGE

That initial post was in a response to you thinking the current topic of the thread was fluff. I asked you about what your thoughts were because I hadn't seen them yet and you seemed to want to change topics.

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, so here's what we do know. The sudden Turmoil rush wasn't a scum response to Vere gaining traction because Vere was town. Likewise the Vere rush wasn't a response to the Turmoil vote because Turmoil was town.
To consider all possibilities, scum could've pushed Turmoil because they needed to ensure a townie got murdered, and they didn't think Vere was going to work out. So they focused on an low post player who could easily be pushed over. Vere was actually around to defend himself. Safe play to go after someone like Turmoil just to ensure day 1 goes off without a hitch. But...wild speculation.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay here's what you said:

You didn't like the vote on turmoil but you weren't about to lift a finger to change people's minds.

That looks to me like you were actually fine with turmoil's vote.

But let's continue...

Once again being rather flippant about what the result of the flip would be, but you just very lazily push Kalor at the end here.

Why were you on Kalor anyway?

It was a vote you dropped ages ago with almost no context:

Which gang up was this? The one on turmoil?
Kalor was defending turmoil. The vote and your context make no sense.

Wow, it's almost like if you cherrypick to try and force an argument, you miss important context, maybe look at my other posts for why I would have voted Kalor:

Let's not get crazy now. Brazil would have kept hounding Chuggs anyway without the side gallery.

-----

So looking at this player list 1) Natiko probably needs to do something fancy with the commands to switch out WSD and Faddy? and 2) I was hoping I'd see a name of anyone else that is pinging me in weird ways but I'm kind of not. Geno, Edge, Aeleus, Kopite, and Olinad are the ones who I have literally nothing on, the first two due to content and the last three due to me just not knowing them well and none of their posts thus far have been interesting and I have no baseline for them. Olinad is maybe better since now I am thinking that he's been prodding a bit. Vincent might be a 4th for that latter list but I just heckled him within the last 10 minutes so he's in my head.

The only person who sticks out to me otherwise is Kalor who I know has posted, mostly in agreement with someone else who had just posted before him, and that's about all. I feel like I do this dance a lot with him but it seems like background noise and I'm reminded of his neutral play.

And then obviously the points I've made already on other people.

He came in very agreeable to everyone, I even quoted him at one point and said that I agree with his analysis of the few posts preceding him at that time but then he did....nothing. It was certainly better than the turmoil vote which just ran away on itself. As for the rest of your post Rover, junk. I had no way of changing anyones minds on that vote, the mixture of apathy, scum knowing none of them were in danger, and "it's day 1 so this is as good a vote as any" means no one was moving. I know you are incapable of reading a room but try it for once.

I didn't say anything about ignoring the kills.

Fanto being harmful neutral means we can't fully trust his reads. Has nothing to do with what mafia thought.

Vere being town means we can trust he had town's best interest at heart.

I just didn't like you linking fanto's dear to mafia > must've been fantos reads.

Scum could easily go down that same route for mislynches

*shrug*

I never said "must have been his reads" I said it could have been. And again, his actual reads and the motivation do not matter, what scum interpreted is what matters. It has everything to do with what mafia though.

I already tried signaling scum in case I was a lost partner but that seems a no go, [no PMs or role reversals] so seeing that it certainly related to a neutral, and seeing bad speculation in the thread, I decided to share.

If it gets me killed by not a serial killer, oh well? This is a team game. And information needs to be accurate to be helpful.

I just grabbed this one. I'm not trying to fish but I don't know how to phrase this exactly. Is filthy just an added modifier or is it actually doing something? Like does your role PM also just say "hey, you're dirty too, sucks?"

Weems the issue isn't really whether you care about being killed due to the modifier, it's that the modifier seems to act as a defense (so far) against harmful powers.

You coming out with the filthy claim could potentially help scum.

So 1) But Zeke why are you just talking about technical stuff, it just sounds like busywork blah blah blah 2) it's very likely of filthy is just a moodier then it's purpose died with Fanto. It only needs one person to use it and I doubt mafia and neutral were playing with the same role. We could do the whole balance argument and point out that scum probably had to have one filthybor gaunt on their team to even out the SK's power.

I wouldn't worry too much about these modifiers at the moment, especially with the only known role that interacts with it is dead. There is also the possibility that those modifiers are red herrings and nothing in the game enables them.

You really want to push the red herring thing a lot don't you? I don't think you actually understand what a bastard game is. And it can't be a red herring, we clearly see the role that interacted with it.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, it's almost like if you cherrypick to try and force an argument, you miss important context, maybe look at my other posts for why I would have voted Kalor:

He came in very agreeable to everyone, I even quoted him at one point and said that I agree with his analysis of the few posts preceding him at that time but then he did....nothing. It was certainly better than the turmoil vote which just ran away on itself. As for the rest of your post Rover, junk. I had no way of changing anyones minds on that vote, the mixture of apathy, scum knowing none of them were in danger, and "it's day 1 so this is as good a vote as any" means no one was moving. I know you are incapable of reading a room but try it for once.[/quote]

Let's not make this complicated.

Before you placed your vote on Kalor (that's post #564), Kalor had all of seven posts since the game started. We can easily go back and read them. None of them indicated that Kalor was ganging up on anyone.

If you wanted to say "I'm voting for Kalor because he's just coasting, what a scumlord", you would have said that.
Instead, you said "Going to call bullshit on the gang up." What gang-up?

In fact, Kalor has a bunch of D1 posts arguing against the grain. I would not characterize his play as 'agreeable' OR 'part of a gang-up'.

I cannot fathom how you carry through the entire day thinking your low-effort Kalor vote was worth keeping. I would really love for you to explain why, but you can't.

What's more likely is that you couldn't move the vote. There were too many opportunities for you to change it, but you didn't.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Now we can speculate on why Sorian couldn't move his vote.

Maybe this spooky bastard game gave him a role where he can't change his vote. Very spooky, but it would mean he's bullshitting us with the roleclaim he made- unless that was the out he was trying to leave for himself with his vagueries.

The other possibility is that he wanted to bus a teammate early, maybe prod him with a warning vote to stop being so "agreeable", and then decided it was better to not move that vote, since it was gonna be pretty visible later in the game.

He certainly didn't try too hard to stop Town from lynching Town, so that would explain the lethargy around trying to stop a lynch he claims he didn't want.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to quote you since quote tags seem too difficult for you. The gang up was on turmoil, I did not like that vote so I voted my scum read to see if I could tempt people to something different. This is not hard to comprehend, I never accused Kalor of ganging up on anyone. As for the second point, why couldn't I move the vote? Was I too scared of voting out my scummate turmoil or my other scumate Verelios?

Oh nope, that doesn't make sense either.

As for your second guess.

VOTE: Rover

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
UNVOTE

You're a doofus, @ me when you actually have something important to say because as it is, you won't be able to mash that square block in the hole.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for your cooperation. You've just eliminated the more outlandish option. So what's more likely is that you were bussing a teammate.

BTW, "doofus" is still a pretty inflammatory personal attack and I am getting pretty tired of this. You were already warned.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for your cooperation. You've just eliminated the more outlandish option. So what's more likely is that you were bussing a teammate.

BTW, "doofus" is still a pretty inflammatory personal attack and I am getting pretty tired of this. You were already warned.

I'm getting tired of your tunnel, looks like no one gets what they want.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Also, I'll really make your head spin, I don't really want to vote Kalor anymore today. So now I'm protecting the teammate too. Go yell it out from the rooftops. Peace.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Good morning. Doing a quick catch up read. 2 dead but one was neutral so I guess that's not as bad as it initially seemed?

Neutral kind of makes sense though considering that a couple of people commented that Fanto was playing differently than usual.

My initial gut reaction to gaunt and filthy was oh dear god what's lurking in the place but wee seems pretty chuffed with being a filthy bugger.

Bit curious as to what good claiming filthy does. Like it's on Fanto's card, it's not like we need that confirmed. Wee, why now???

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
To consider all possibilities, scum could've pushed Turmoil because they needed to ensure a townie got murdered, and they didn't think Vere was going to work out. So they focused on an low post player who could easily be pushed over. Vere was actually around to defend himself. Safe play to go after someone like Turmoil just to ensure day 1 goes off without a hitch. But...wild speculation.
Can we do anything with this wild speculation?

Who do you think pushed this agenda in particular?

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised Fantomas died because they did go MIA at the end of day which is not usually like them. At least he killed Verelios for us.

Girlofgotham I guess we get to look into the world where Turmoil and Vere were both town today.
What does that world look like then?

The turmoil push is still the one I want to look closest at. The vere one is worth a glance but I still think some of the early votes as it was gaining traction are a little suspect.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
It was Day 1 and Turmoil was an easy, safe choice for both town and scum. I don't know if much more can be gleaned from that.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
You seem too certain of this night result.

vote: kopite

One of the people who seemed iffy yesterday to me, iirc, along with ty and uh. Well zeke. But at least he showed up to play, today.
It's just common sense, and I'm not even the first to point that out. The fact that you jumped on it makes you look somewhat suspect to me.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

You got us. He was just bussing me.

This is random speculation that probably won't matter but maybe the bishop would have been able to clean/purify any filthy players. Sort of ties into the name.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All caught up.

It sucks that turmoil was town but i maintain it was the clearest choice. No regrets. Apparently i suck hard at this because Vere was getting high on my suspect list as well. I'll pray for their souls.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil what do you make of this mess? We miss you in here mate, you've been awfully quiet and it's making me feel uncomfortable.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd take a closer look at Aeleus today

Why Aeleus in particular?

Mafia for me in order of confidence is kopite, kalor, brazil, chuggs, Aeleus.

Could you give us a bit of reasoning on those?

Which gang up was this? The one on turmoil?
Kalor was defending turmoil.

you wanted to say "I'm voting for Kalor because he's just coasting, what a scumlord", you would have said that.
Instead, you said "Going to call bullshit on the gang up." What gang-up?

In fact, Kalor has a bunch of D1 posts arguing against the grain. I would not characterize his play as 'agreeable' OR 'part of a gang-up'.

This looks bad. So first you know Sorian means a gangup on turmoil, but 2 pages later you're asking what gangup and why was Kalor ganging up.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Z) I never said "must have been his reads" I said it could have been. And again, his actual reads and the motivation do not matter, what scum interpreted is what matters. It has everything to do with what mafia though.

So 1) But Zeke why are you just talking about technical stuff, it just sounds like busywork blah blah blah 2) it's very likely of filthy is just a moodier then it's purpose died with Fanto. It only needs one person to use it and I doubt mafia and neutral were playing with the same role. We could do the whole balance argument and point out that scum probably had to have one filthybor gaunt on their team to even out the SK's power.it.

Z) You seem to want to keep this argument about fantos reads going, I don't. Maybe mafia killed vere for his reads and fanto just happened to target vere as well.

You can have a field day trying to guess what the actions last night,(which is what my problem was, not fantos reads) I'm going to try and scum hunt.

1. You are smart enough to see my arguments against weems and you/chuggs/oli going on about how many kills a dead sk could get in aren't the same.

One of those is an actual attempt to scum hunt. The other is busywork.
Also since no one else did the thing, I'll do the thing, wee is a she.
And apologies weems.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I can see this. Chuggs and Sparky's votes look real bad in hindsight. They came immediately after mine. Sparky doesn't even bother to justify it. If there was indeed a scum bandwagon on turmoil, it's likely there or later when it seemed more than certain he was going down.

I also found this weird though:

Let me see if I can make an even worse vote than:

Vote: TheWorthyEdge

Because who doesn't love a 3-way tie

An Edge vote with nothing to back it up, right when turmoil was being hard pressed.

I should have been more open about it, but I've been silently agreeing with most of what you've been posting about Turmoil. I didn't want to seem too bandwagony though, especially because I've been quiet. Seems odd to be completely quiet and then pop in after you've laid it all out to say, "Yeah, what they said!" But that is where I'm at now. I've never played with Turmoil myself, but I would expect anyone called out as much as them to step in here and start laying down some counter-punches.

VOTE: turmoil7

But you were looking at him after all. So why the Edge vote?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Z) You seem to want to keep this argument about fantos reads going, I don't. Maybe mafia killed vere for his reads and fanto just happened to target vere as well.

You can have a field day trying to guess what the actions last night,(which is what my problem was, not fantos reads) I'm going to try and scum hunt.

1. You are smart enough to see my arguments against weems and you/chuggs/oli going on about how many kills a dead sk could get in aren't the same.

One of those is an actual attempt to scum hunt. The other is busywork.

And apologies weems.

Yes, maybe there is a third killer is the likely conclusion. You say you want to scum hunt but you look like you just want to fudge up the night and say "hey, don't look here"

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I'm getting tired of your tunnel, looks like no one gets what they want.
Also, I'll really make your head spin, I don't really want to vote Kalor anymore today. So now I'm protecting the teammate too. Go yell it out from the rooftops. Peace.
I still fail to see where being tunneled upon allows you to name call.

Yes, maybe there is a third killer is the likely conclusion. You say you want to scum hunt but you look like you just want to fudge up the night and say "hey, don't look here"
I gave examples of posts I saw as busywork in regards to me not liking the discussion. All those posts in 1124.

Have fun with your narrative of I'm trying to handwave the kills away for some sinister reason. I won't go back and forth with you about it. It's just noise.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still fail to see where being tunneled upon allows you to name call.

I gave examples of posts I saw as busywork in regards to me not liking the discussion. All those posts in 1124.

Have fun with your narrative of I'm trying to handwave the kills away for some sinister reason. I won't go back and forth with you about it. It's just noise.

He says as he continues to argue the point.

Why did you quote my second post on there by the way? The one about me cooling on Kalor? That doesn't seem to have to do with your point?

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Morning folks. Need to get some breakfast, but my first read of the day doesn't seem like I missed too much. RIP Vere.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
This looks bad. So first you know Sorian means a gangup on turmoil, but 2 pages later you're asking what gangup and why was Kalor ganging up.

The "gang-up" being about turmoil was always clear; the latter questions were rhetorical. Kalor was not part of the gang-up and that vote is a plain drive-by.

The question is why that drive-by vote was what he stuck with all day without much of a real argument towards it, nor a solid defense or talk-down of the heat building on turmoil.

If someone wants to "call bullshit on the gang-up", wouldn't it make sense to actually make arguments in that direction? A drive-by vote on someone who wasn't involved is not that.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
1.He says as he continues to argue the point.

2.Why did you quote my second post on there by the way? The one about me cooling on Kalor? That doesn't seem to have to do with your point?
1. That was my bookend on the conversation. Like I said have fun.

2. You seemed to feel some type away in your response to kark in that one to.

*shrug*

Oct 26, 2017
Can we do anything with this wild speculation?

Who do you think pushed this agenda in particular?
At this point, nothing except file it away as a potential piece of puzzle when we get further along with more information and flips.

I can see this. Chuggs and Sparky's votes look real bad in hindsight. They came immediately after mine. Sparky doesn't even bother to justify it. If there was indeed a scum bandwagon on turmoil, it's likely there or later when it seemed more than certain he was going down.

I also found this weird though:

An Edge vote with nothing to back it up, right when turmoil was being hard pressed.

But you were looking at him after all. So why the Edge vote?
My Edge vote was 100% for fun to cause a 3-way tie. I knew I'd change it at some point. But then someone swooped in pretty quick after and broke the tie.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I just grabbed this one. I'm not trying to fish but I don't know how to phrase this exactly. Is filthy just an added modifier or is it actually doing something? Like does your role PM also just say "hey, you're dirty too, sucks?"
It's a modifier before the role name.
My initial gut reaction to gaunt and filthy was oh dear god what's lurking in the place but wee seems pretty chuffed with being a filthy bugger.
lol?
Bit curious as to what good claiming filthy does. Like it's on Fanto's card, it's not like we need that confirmed. Wee, why now???
Why not now?
People - well, sorian if he counts as people ;) - love you - were starting to make idiotic speculations on what the modifiers were. I object to idiocy on principle, so I did my best to squash it. Also note: sorian making idiotic conclusions is one of his scumtells. Thinking the role card we see there could be a vague reference to scum rather than a modifier looks pretty idiotic to me, and I don't know anything about game design.

Zeke, gotham - why y'all so interested in policing my claim? It's my role to manage. I didn't see you down on full role claims on day one, but y'all are desperate to think poorly of me for claiming a modifier after it stopped being useful, at least in part. Whatcha afraid of? That I put myself in front of you getting shot at night? The 'filthy' modifier would have kept me safe so most likely if there's another role relating to these things, I'd be unsafe from the next one. Yet I considered that and still claimed the modifier.

It also explains some of my behavior on day one, although if you want to kill me for thinking being a filthy town might mean i was recruitable, and daring to play to that, go for it. You'll see exactly what I've told you and then have nothing to discuss.

Can we please get onto the people who weren't bothering to participate in day one? Talk about whether to murder alleged lovers?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's a modifier before the role name.
lol?

Why not now?
People - well, sorian if he counts as people ;) - love you - were starting to make idiotic speculations on what the modifiers were. I object to idiocy on principle, so I did my best to squash it. Also note: sorian making idiotic conclusions is one of his scumtells. Thinking the role card we see there could be a vague reference to scum rather than a modifier looks pretty idiotic to me, and I don't know anything about game design.

Zeke, gotham - why y'all so interested in policing my claim? It's my role to manage. I didn't see you down on full role claims on day one, but y'all are desperate to think poorly of me for claiming a modifier after it stopped being useful, at least in part. Whatcha afraid of? That I put myself in front of you getting shot at night? The 'filthy' modifier would have kept me safe so most likely if there's another role relating to these things, I'd be unsafe from the next one. Yet I considered that and still claimed the modifier.

It also explains some of my behavior on day one, although if you want to kill me for thinking being a filthy town might mean i was recruitable, and daring to play to that, go for it. You'll see exactly what I've told you and then have nothing to discuss.

Can we please get onto the people who weren't bothering to participate in day one? Talk about whether to murder alleged lovers?

I mean, I think assuming filthy means recruitable sounds just as "idiotic" as assuming filthy/gaunt is the name of the scum faction. It was a stretch only because it would have meant that Fanto was a full scum aligned neutral which would have meant the game would have needed another counter balance but that's all.