• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I think assuming filthy means recruitable sounds just as "idiotic" as assuming filthy/gaunt is the name of the scum faction. It was a stretch only because it would have meant that Fanto was a full scum aligned neutral which would have meant the game would have needed another counter balance but that's all.
It had to mean something.
I still played town, just with a twist. Not really an "assumption", just a guess. And seeing the flip, ok now I know it's a targeting modifier.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The votes ON turmoil are likely a mix. But the people who didn't react at all to the discussion? That's worth gleaning something from.

I agree with L_P to be honest. It's hard to react to the discussion when people (you were one) are just selling it as, "it's day 1, odds are we hit town anyway" etc etc. I think independent of alignment, people are just going to react to that if they have experience and not react if they don't. It's a zeitgeist that very rarely gets flipped and everyone is aware of it. Knowing that turmoil and Vere were both town means that most of the suspicion (or "suspicion") was not actually on scum anyway so that just had to do whatever.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
weemadarthur - we can only go on the info we have. So far we know one role that needs to avoid them or they get roleblocked/ miss a kill or w/e.

I see what you did as saying you had a bp. Now you won't waste a scums power on you.

I don't like you claimed to correct speculation, since there was no real speculation to correct. No one really was going hard on the modifiers being a certainty that they were scum indicators.

I subbed near eod. Not sure what deep diving you wanted me to do when I hadn't read the thread.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
weemadarthur - we can only go on the info we have. So far we know one role that needs to avoid them or they get roleblocked/ miss a kill or w/e.

I see what you did as saying you had a bp. Now you won't waste a scums power on you.

I don't like you claimed to correct speculation, since there was no real speculation to correct. No one really was going hard on the modifiers being a certainty that they were scum indicators.

I subbed near eod. Not sure what deep diving you wanted me to do when I hadn't read the thread.

If we can only go on the info we have then where does the bolded come from? Isn't it an assumption to say scum also can't target filthy/gaunt?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
If we can only go on the info we have then where does the bolded come from? Isn't it an assumption to say scum also can't target filthy/gaunt?
Yes. We know the modifiers can stop an ability.

Just because we got a flip of one role interacting with them, doesn't mean it's the only role that interacts with them.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
What does that world look like then?

The turmoil push is still the one I want to look closest at. The vere one is worth a glance but I still think some of the early votes as it was gaining traction are a little suspect.

The turmoil vote is interesting. I guess with Fanto flipping town there is most likely scum within Chuggs, Sae and Aeleus. That is a safe vote for scum at the time. There could be scum later in the vote with VA or you.

Is there anyone you feel strongly about in the vote?

For me since scum killed in the vote I expect there is only 2 of them in the vote and the rest are outside.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Just because we got a flip of one role interacting with them, doesn't mean it's the only role that interacts with them.

This all feels very hypocritical. So since we are assuming things, Fanto was a neutral, he was a baby version of a serial killer (because he could win with a faction). The answer here is that town and scum both had protected members from the serial killer so that neither team could be ravaged by the neutral kills too much.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
It's a modifier before the role name.
lol?

Why not now?
People - well, sorian if he counts as people ;) - love you - were starting to make idiotic speculations on what the modifiers were. I object to idiocy on principle, so I did my best to squash it. Also note: sorian making idiotic conclusions is one of his scumtells. Thinking the role card we see there could be a vague reference to scum rather than a modifier looks pretty idiotic to me, and I don't know anything about game design.

Zeke, gotham - why y'all so interested in policing my claim? It's my role to manage. I didn't see you down on full role claims on day one, but y'all are desperate to think poorly of me for claiming a modifier after it stopped being useful, at least in part. Whatcha afraid of? That I put myself in front of you getting shot at night? The 'filthy' modifier would have kept me safe so most likely if there's another role relating to these things, I'd be unsafe from the next one. Yet I considered that and still claimed the modifier.

It also explains some of my behavior on day one, although if you want to kill me for thinking being a filthy town might mean i was recruitable, and daring to play to that, go for it. You'll see exactly what I've told you and then have nothing to discuss.

Can we please get onto the people who weren't bothering to participate in day one? Talk about whether to murder alleged lovers?
Chill on the derogatory language targeting another player.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
This all feels very hypocritical. So since we are assuming things, Fanto was a neutral, he was a baby version of a serial killer (because he could win with a faction). The answer here is that town and scum both had protected members from the serial killer so that neither team could be ravaged by the neutral kills too much.
Uhm.....ok?

I never said scum didn't have the modifiers.

Scum can have those modifiers and still need to avoid them as well. Then there is the possibility of another 3p that specifically targets the modifiers.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I take no offense when my ideas are called idiotic as opposed to me as the person being called idiotic. Continue.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Uhm.....ok?

I never said scum didn't have the modifiers.

Scum can have those modifiers and still need to avoid them as well. Then there is the possibility of another 3p that specifically targets the modifiers.

Doubtful on the first part which brings me to your pearl clutching vote. Why again are you voting wee? Because it upset you that she revealed she was filthy because it would help scum, maybe possibly kind of?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I can t tell if Zeke is strongly hinting he has additional info or if he is just arguing abut hypotheticals for the sake of it.

Which is hypocritical since he was against people having their say on night kills

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can t tell if Zeke is strongly hinting he has additional info or if he is just arguing abut hypotheticals for the sake of it.

Which is hypocritical since he was against people having their say on night kills

He already low key hinted that he was also filthy/gaunt, I dropped it at the time but I think he's been more obvious now.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
An expired bulletproof against fanto.
Yes, but only from fanto, who is dead, and I don't happen to believe there will be any resurrections in a game like this.

Anyway, I did the claim and it's not going back into obscurity. I generally don't agree with the conclusions you make, but this repetitious conversation is not helping me get a read on you, so I'm moving on.

I've reread 10 pages and would consider voting chuggernaut. I'm actually glad faddy is trying to move the conversation along to scum hunting, although i still don't see why brazil is on his list.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Sorian I feel we are hard aligned here. Both of us were against Turmoil's lynch but not strongly enough to actually do anything about it.

Suss on people like vere, Kalor, kopite. I too am ambivalent on Brazil.

I think I have you as my top town...

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorian I feel we are hard aligned here. Both of us were against Turmoil's lynch but not strongly enough to actually do anything about it.

Suss on people like vere, Kalor, kopite. I too am ambivalent on Brazil.

I think I have you as my top town...

[laughs in Sorian]

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Trouble is, zeke being hypocritical is often NAI. At least, in my observation of him. We've barely played together, and in TZ he was much more towny.

Do you feel any other way?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In a more serious post, sure, I wasn't really suss on Vere so that's a difference, you cared more about that read than I did. But I'll note down your post as "pockets are comfy" and move on.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I've reread 10 pages and would consider voting chuggernaut. I'm actually glad faddy is trying to move the conversation along to scum hunting, although i still don't see why brazil is on his list.

I don't have a reason Brazil shouldn't be on my scum list. In my mind he has 2 bad interactions with me.

1. Accusing me of doing something scummy when I was specifically asking a question
2. His comment about the scum thread at the start of the day. Maybe what I said is similar to what he posted in the scum thread.

Neither of those are particularly scummy but he hasn't been very townie either.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Doubtful on the first part which brings me to your pearl clutching vote. Why again are you voting wee? Because it upset you that she revealed she was filthy because it would help scum, maybe possibly kind of?
There is no pearl clutching.
I wasn't upset.
I just didn't like how she reacted.
And it's early day 2.

*truffleshuffle*

I was against ppl wasting time trying to figure out how many kills there are possible in the game and how long it would've taken for fanto to win. Go to post 1124 for the posts I meant.

It seems like a couple of those players involved in that filler discussion haven't attempted much else after I killed the discussion.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
In a more serious post, sure, I wasn't really suss on Vere so that's a difference, you cared more about that read than I did. But I'll note down your post as "pockets are comfy" and move on.

I mean that was pockety but more like we are both focused on similar ish parts of the game. Even if we are correct and it is Kalor and kopite there is probably 3 more scum so it is worthwhile to try and look for scummy behaviour elsewhere.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I can see a chuggs lynch . Taking my time reading day 1. When I ran across the thing between chuggs/brazil and how brazil feels chuggs is self aware or w/e. It's why I double backed and asked chuggs what he meant when he questioned why I haven't contributed or w/e.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Trouble is, zeke being hypocritical is often NAI. At least, in my observation of him. We've barely played together, and in TZ he was much more towny.

Do you feel any other way?
I've noticed that Zeke's a lot less towny than in Maple Street as well. He was pretty much join Town Leader there.

Anyone from Simon says in here? How differently did Scum Zeke play there?

Oct 27, 2017
Wee

Why did you role claim gaunt of filthy, knowing full well that puts you on the crosshairs of town and/or scum?

You maybe a lynch bomb, which means I'm staying the hell away from you. Also what the heck does taking a shower in the game? You may still be a lynch bomb after all that?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wee

Why did you role claim gaunt of filthy, knowing full well that puts you on the crosshairs of town and/or scum?

You maybe a lynch bomb, which means I'm staying the hell away from you. Also what the heck does taking a shower in the game? You may still be a lynch bomb after all that?

Before the aliens attack, I hope they find an archive of this post.

Also someone should make a galaxy brain meme for the mafiaera community with this post as the final panel.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
What specifically is making several folks lean into a Chuggernaut lynch? I can't really see anything that leans scum.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Brazil (1 votes)
Faddy - #1,205

weemadarthur (1 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #1,145

Sorian (1 votes)
Rover - #1,165
Sorian - #1,168 #1,169

Kopite (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #1,140

Rover (0 votes)
Sorian - #1,166 #1,167

Kalor (0 votes)
Sorian - #1,167 #1,168

Not voting: Vincent Alexander, Comrade Doggo Sparky, Kalor, Ty4on, Olinad, Aeleus, AbsolutBro, TheWorthyEdge, Girlofgotham, Lone_Prodigy, Brazil, TheChuggernaut, saenima, Sorian, Kopite

Post Counts:
Sorian: 39 EzekelRAGE: 37 weemadarthur: 20 TheChuggernaut: 18 Faddy: 16 Rover: 15 Olinad: 13 Comrade Doggo Sparky: 8 saenima: 8 Ty4on: 7 Vincent Alexander: 5 Kopite: 4 Kalor: 3 Girlofgotham: 3 Lone_Prodigy: 3 AbsolutBro: 2 Brazil: 2

Current Countdown:
qnqze8qkx3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
May as well get some kind of vote out. The lack of votes doesn't help anyone.

Vote: Kopite

I'm on Kopite for now because of a couple of posts that stood out. His vote on Verelios yesterday was lazy and he just relied on mentioning Faddys reasoning, whatever that was, rather than saying his own justification for the vote.

For something today

I've noticed that Zeke's a lot less towny than in Maple Street as well. He was pretty much join Town Leader there.

Anyone from Simon says in here? How differently did Scum Zeke play there?

I don't like this post at all. It's putting too much stock into actions in previous games and is just him calling Zeke less towny with no basis inside this game. He compares it to Maple Street but that means nothing.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
May as well get some kind of vote out. The lack of votes doesn't help anyone.

Vote: Kopite

I'm on Kopite for now because of a couple of posts that stood out. His vote on Verelios yesterday was lazy and he just relied on mentioning Faddys reasoning, whatever that was, rather than saying his own justification for the vote.

For something today

I don't like this post at all. It's putting too much stock into actions in previous games and is just him calling Zeke less towny with no basis inside this game. He compares it to Maple Street but that means nothing.
No necessary reason to find your own justification if you agree with someones assessment. You don't seem to remember why I even voted for Vere so calling me lazy is a bit ironic.

And since when is referring to meta mean nothing? It's one of the most obvious tells of a players alignment changing when they play differently