• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Also I don't care for scum/town reading someone due to meta. If you think I am scummy so far vote me or make a case.

Do it based on this game, not outside issues.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
No necessary reason to find your own justification if you agree with someones assessment. You don't seem to remember why I even voted for Vere so calling me lazy is a bit ironic.

And since when is referring to meta mean nothing? It's one of the most obvious tells of a players alignment changing when they play differently

Even if you agree with someones assessment, you should provide some of your own flavor to it because otherwise it makes it easy for someone to just simply follow other people and not provide their own thoughts. Faddys reasoning that you agreed with doesn't really matter in this case so I didn't look it up. Less laziness and more that it's irrelevant to my point.

As for meta, playing differently is rarely an actual indication of someone being a different alignment, and I'd hardly call it an obvious tell. Ideally everything you need to suspect someone should already be in the game you're playing.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
It seems like a couple of those players involved in that filler discussion haven't attempted much else after I killed the discussion.

Don't confuse the cause with effect.
I just distanced myself cause I got annoyed at the accusation of doing busywork. I was gonna write an angst post and ruin my day, and decided against it.

To paraphrase my thoughts in a more civil manner, you may think that's busywork, but I'd rather understand what happened at night. It's true that scum might just have rolled a die to pick their victim. It's true that just one night isn't much to go by. But still, more info at our disposal for the future.

I agree that it's not what the conversation should be about for more than the very start of the day, and in fact I stopped it right there.

Oct 26, 2017
Don't confuse the cause with effect.
I just distanced myself cause I got annoyed at the accusation of doing busywork. I was gonna write an angst post and ruin my day, and decided against it.

To paraphrase my thoughts in a more civil manner, you may think that's busywork, but I'd rather understand what happened at night. It's true that scum might just have rolled a die to pick their victim. It's true that just one night isn't much to go by. But still, more info at our disposal for the future.

I agree that it's not what the conversation should be about for more than the very start of the day, and in fact I stopped it right there.
My two cents: I don't think busywork is a bad thing. Hell, as long as people are posting, it's a good thing. Every post has the potential to be useful in some way, shape, or form. When people call out busywork, what they mean to say is, "stop talking about things I don't find useful." Well...too bad. We all play the game differently. If scum are able to hide easier because of "busywork" posts, then shame on the town for not being diligent and inquisitive enough. If someone has a book for us on how to always win as town, I'll buy a copy right now. Until then, do your thing.

I hope this post was busy enough for folks.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
As for meta, playing differently is rarely an actual indication of someone being a different alignment, and I'd hardly call it an obvious tell. Ideally everything you need to suspect someone should already be in the game you're playing.
I couldn't disagree more that playing differently is a rare indication. Yeah you should be able to solve it though in the game itself though, as you can see I've not spent all game looking at people who play differently put my vote down and call it a day

Oct 25, 2017
Have kind of a busy weekend so I won't be posting much. Going to be dropping a vote now. Might come back and change it later.

Vote: Kalor

I think Sorian was onto something. He had a vote for me yesterday. Today there's actually rumblings of killing me and it just struck me as weird that he would just kind of drop that without really saying anything about it. I'm thinking he dropped a vote on me yesterday to distance himself from the Turmoil mislynch.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Have kind of a busy weekend so I won't be posting much. Going to be dropping a vote now. Might come back and change it later.

Vote: Kalor

I think Sorian was onto something. He had a vote for me yesterday. Today there's actually rumblings of killing me and it just struck me as weird that he would just kind of drop that without really saying anything about it. I'm thinking he dropped a vote on me yesterday to distance himself from the Turmoil mislynch.

When I was trying to decide who to vote for today, I did consider you but yesterday was based on a gut feeling with no real evidence and nothing today has made me feel stronger so I put my vote elsewhere.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Full disclosure that I'm sure someone will scum read for reasons but I thought it was funny and Fanto might laugh in spec chat.

I went to go iso Fanto and typed Faddy's name into my search bar :V

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Chugg does this stream of consciousness thing where it seems town because he would probably bounce his ideas in the scum thread instead. But he's likely aware of this and chooses to double down on this quirk so it's a null read for me.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

Understanding what happened at night....ok?
But the posts I called you had nothing to do with you even talking about why so and so was killed.

It was you doing a deep dive on fanto's role that is just a sk.
Eating 3 would have meant getting to night 6 (or more in case of misses). We don't know how many scum players are around, but maybe he thought helping town made more sense (especially after we lunched town yesterday).
Yeah for a second I thought he would die if he picked the wrong person, but it's actually not stated. He probably would just waste the action (which may have happened tonight for all we know, if there's other roles that can NK).
True, it says kill, not digest.
The chances a game this big gets to day 6 are pretty high, as it means 12 kills, but the logic of trying to balance the kills still applies. It probably would've helped with claims and stuff too.

I don't think we can get much of use out of this lead now tho, at least until we get more info...

Do cannibals usually call for a specific roleset?
I agree. I wouldn't completely discount one-shots, but in general I can't see it working with more NKs, even with a low amount of scum roles.
Seems like your meatiest posts today hav to do with speculation on fanto's killing.

Oct 26, 2017
Aeleus Feeling any better? You mentioned you were getting sick yesterday.

absolutbro Curious your thoughts at the time? Mentioned you were getting some nibbles on food, asked about Chuggernaut as a lynch option, but no more.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Understanding what happened at night....ok?
But the posts I called you had nothing to do with you even talking about why so and so was killed.

It was you doing a deep dive on fanto's role that is just a sk.

Seems like your meatiest posts today hav to do with speculation on fanto's killing.
It's an "unusual game with bastard elements". I was curious as to what possible roles could have been dealt out, and the number of scum players around.
I get it that you don't care or think it's not useful at this point, no need to remark it further.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so Fanto's day 1 was about what I remembered. Faddy cherrypicked one of the only important posts Fanto made day 1 but I wanted to actually read him myself rather than just go off that summary. He played careful, mostly hedging for obvious reasons, but Kopite is the clear "strong" read. An amateur scum team kills here to see if Kopite drops off radars because I think Fanto is the only one who was carrying that torch. I'm going to throw another hat in though because Fanto kept mentioning this person as well and I could see Edge requesting this kill in lieu of no other good options. Plus Edge has done fuck all all game at this point and for some reason, no one has really cared. So let's see where this goes.

VOTE: TheWorthyEdge

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Sorry I haven't been around in a while, but should be more active from now on.

I had a quick look through EOD D1 and today and have put together a little reads list to show my current thoughts, be warned I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed this game and am not particularly happy with my current reads.
Town:
Sorian: I believe the claim and like the majority of their posts and I'm getting really good vibes from him, looking forward to being burned by them <3

Brazil: Hasn't participated much day phase but I liked (and upon a reread like) what he has posted up till now, weakest town read because I was fooled by him when reading KH so I respect his ability to play me like a fiddle.

Olinad: Getting a lot of good vibes, feel like they're putting in the work and trying to help town solve the game. Will be very impressed if they're newbie scum.

Lean town:
Comrade Doggo Sparky: I can't read meme players but believe the claim, not willing to actually town read him though, upon a reread I'm surprised that most of his posts, while being nonsense, appear to be nonsense relating to the game, rather than fluff

Rover: In reality is a null read, but boosted up by association with Sparky

Lone_Prodigy: Reminds me of L_P in maple street so far, I admit to still feeling comradery from our chain mislunch though so that might fuel my reads.

Faddy: I've read a couple games with scum faddy in them and his posts don't remind me of that style. While his read of Verelios might have been off I feel like it shows that he's putting a decent amount of effort into trying to solve the game.

TheChuggernaut: Has a lot of fluff posts but when he makes an actual post it seems genuine, though I admit that's gut. I feel Brazil v Chuggernaut was town v town.

Null:
EzekelRAGE: Null due to replacement, I don't like his posts but that's a town tell if anything

absolutbro: Null, nothing they posted has stuck in my mind

TheWorthyEdge: Null, nothing they posted has stuck in my mind

weemadarthur: Has admitted to playing anti-town on day 1, her current efforts aren't giving me the good vibes I got from her in maple street being mostly mechanic focused and a weak vote on Kopite

Girlofgotham: Reminds me of Mansion Gotham, but I've no idea what her scum play would be like. Null overall

Kalor: I've tried to give a proper read on him but I'm just not able to, really need to reread his content

Lean scum:
Ty4on: General lack on content. Only posts containing game solving is a weak defence of Turmoil, but they didn't actually attempt to stop the bus on him in any way. Looking closely at their efforts today

saenima: Asking lots of questions but not giving any answers themselves, general worries about their posts this game, would appreciate if someone more influential than me had a look through their posts to see if I'm on to something

Kopite: Reminding me of scum-Kopite last game, dismissing scumreads against them while ignoring attached logic, not partaking in the game much. I admit I'm hoping to manage to go 2 for 2 on getting scum them killed though

Vincent Alexander: Gutfeels, something feels off compared to their previous games, they mentioned that they were feeling more laid back this game compared to previous, but fantomas also made a reasonable excuse and it turned out he hungered for my flesh

Scum:
No one! Hopes that changes soon though :'(
----
People I need to reread: Kalor, absolutebro and TheWorthyEdge

I feel like verelios's role might explain what bastard elements mean, having some kind of role but not knowing its implications.
Aeleus Feeling any better? You mentioned you were getting sick yesterday.

Feeling a lot better, thanks

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
It's an "unusual game with bastard elements". I was curious as to what possible roles could have been dealt out, and the number of scum players around.
I get it that you don't care or think it's not useful at this point, no need to remark it further.
Thoughts on anything else other than fanto's win condition etc?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Aeleus that Brazil read is yikes for me.

Lol I was going to say that I actually like all of Aeleus' reads list, the Brazil read included. I will say to expand on your question from earlier. I forgot Brazil was the one who had the early fight with Chuggs, that interaction was a net town read for the both of them to me.

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, so Fanto's day 1 was about what I remembered. Faddy cherrypicked one of the only important posts Fanto made day 1 but I wanted to actually read him myself rather than just go off that summary. He played careful, mostly hedging for obvious reasons, but Kopite is the clear "strong" read. An amateur scum team kills here to see if Kopite drops off radars because I think Fanto is the only one who was carrying that torch. I'm going to throw another hat in though because Fanto kept mentioning this person as well and I could see Edge requesting this kill in lieu of no other good options. Plus Edge has done fuck all all game at this point and for some reason, no one has really cared. So let's see where this goes.

VOTE: TheWorthyEdge
Do you have Fanto's read on Edge? I keep looking, but not finding.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have Fanto's read on Edge? I keep looking, but not finding.

It's these two (he also questions you on your Edge vote but I don't think you really responded so Fanto never got to the point I think he might have made)

Would Not Vote Today:
Sorian/Rover/Sparky
Faddy
Chugg
Brazil
Wee

Sorian and Rover/Sparky have their claims, which I don't think I'd want to vote out today. Leaning townish on Faddy here so far, Chugg/Brazil/Wee I would give slight town leans to as well, at least as far as D1 reads go.

Too Quiet, So Might Vote Today:
AB
VA
TheWorthyEdge
LP

AB/VA/Edge/LP are all too quiet, so I need more from them. LP, sure meme it up, but AB, VA, and Edge I would definitely want to see some more thoughts from them so I can try to see where they are coming from here. Geno explained his absence so I'm not going to get on his case for inactivity if he's not feeling well, but let's get some discussions going with these four.

Would Vote Today:
Turmoil
Kopite

Turmoil I've explained my thoughts on. For Kopite, I'm seeing very little engagement, not many posts that aren't replying to someone else, which reminds me of how he was as Scum in the last game.

As for the ones not mentioned, I've got random thoughts about everyone really, ask if you're interested, but there's nothing that's really sticking out to me too much yet. Not too many people I'm feeling an urge to vote for yet I guess.
My thoughts haven't changed too much as we approach EoD here. I still want to see the Turmoil flip the most. I think Faddy's read on Vere is good enough for D1 as well.

Outside of them, there aren't a whole lot of people I would super push for on D1. Kalor is a tough read for me, Kopite is still on my radar, Edge hasn't been too impressive. Gotham or Ty4on maybe, but pending the Turmoil flip.

Everyone else I think I'd be fine leaving alone for D1. Random bits of paranoia here and there, but nothing I'd really want to fight for on D1 over others.

It's not a lot but in comparison to the rest of Fanto's reads, it's probably the only good lead aside from Kopite and I'm also envisioning having been scum with EDge before and thinking about what he focused on. Also to be clear to people like Zeke, I think Kopite is scummy and Edge has been null bordering on purposeful independent of bring it up in relation to Fanto's death.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
If you're talking about the fiddle part, I apologise for the bad attempt at humour

If you're talking about the gut feel part, I'm sorry but it's true?

From what I remember of KH, Brazil was scum and his opening gambit was to get into a fight with Zeke. I think he has done the same thing here with Chuggs.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Thoughts on anything else other than fanto's win condition etc?

I have some "gut feeling reads" that I'll be trying to confirm by reading some old stuff as soon as I have some more time.

Town(ish) reads:
Lone_Prodigy
Sorian

Neutral leaning town reads:
Vincent Alexander
Zeke
Brazil
Girlofgotham
AbsolutBro

Neutral leaning scum reads:
TheChuggernaut
Faddy

Still very concerned about Sparky, but everyone says his posts are in character so I don't really know.

Need to read more about Kopite, wee, Kalor, sae, Ty. Whoever is left is kinda neutral.

What's the general consensus on the lovers claim? Wait until tomorrow?

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I've been lurking and reading while I work, but most of my thoughts are mechanical and won't go far:

1. The Cannibal couldn't eat Filthy or Gaunt roles. There has to be something that interacts with Filthy differently than Gaunt, else why have two different names for the same thing. Filthy and Gaunt could be tied to individual teams (Filthy for town and Gaunt for scum or vice versa) but that seems flimsy. Possibly hints at another role.

2. There's not much to speculate on the night kill for. Verelios was #2 on a lot of suspect lists, Fanto tends to die early. Part of me wonders if Fanto was going to set up a town claim or something, but in the end it doesn't matter now. Part of me wonders why Fanto over a potential double kill on the lovers, but the easy answer is "avoiding a doctor/watcher". Still, if I'm scum I think I take the chance.

3. Votes on Turmoil. We know he was town now, but it's not like he did much to defend himself or direct attention elsewhere. I think it's more weird that there was no real "second train" at all. No one else got more than three votes at any one time. There were a few late pile on votes that seem most likely to be scum pile-ons.

4. Vote today, still hard to say. Feeling a little bit better about Faddy, slightly worse about Gotham.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, nothing except file it away as a potential piece of puzzle when we get further along with more information and flips.

My Edge vote was 100% for fun to cause a 3-way tie. I knew I'd change it at some point. But then someone swooped in pretty quick after and broke the tie.
You didn't answer my question though. Who do you think was pushing that agenda?

And (I know I'm jumping in on someone else's questions here) if you voted to cause a tie, did you at least learn anything from who broke the tie?

Struggling to suss out some of your reasoning here. Your responses to some questions today seem to be kind of vague.

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
I have some "gut feeling reads" that I'll be trying to confirm by reading some old stuff as soon as I have some more time.

Town(ish) reads:
Lone_Prodigy
Sorian

Neutral leaning town reads:
Vincent Alexander
Zeke
Brazil
Girlofgotham
AbsolutBro

Neutral leaning scum reads:
TheChuggernaut
Faddy

Still very concerned about Sparky, but everyone says his posts are in character so I don't really know.

Need to read more about Kopite, wee, Kalor, sae, Ty. Whoever is left is kinda neutral.

What's the general consensus on the lovers claim? Wait until tomorrow?
Can you back up your scum reads? Even if it's not with quotes just now, could we have some reasons?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
4. Vote today, still hard to say. Feeling a little bit better about Faddy, slightly worse about Gotham.

Why worse about Gotham? She hasn't done much today.

I guess she might be scummy for having too much info on Vere and Turmoil being town. But i found that question quite genuine. And I found Brazil jumping on me for answering it quite scummy.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
From what I remember of KH, Brazil was scum and his opening gambit was to get into a fight with Zeke. I think he has done the same thing here with Chuggs.

I'm not going to reread KH to back this up, but I'd argue that the Zeke fight over no-lynching was a lot different then Brazil v Chuggernaut, especially given that I see that this post is what really started the discussion.

Actually the more I think about it the weirder this is

This post already feels like it's reaching so far that I'm worried Brazil might pull something, but it's even weirder that I did address the post and read it as something I didn't think was scummy.

This post is on this page and Brazil even quotes posts from this exact exchange here:

So I feel like he didn't just miss it.

Also, seems kind of weird to call me out for some weird galaxy brain WIFOM scum play and then go on to make an actual WIFOM argument here:

So I don't believe Brazil had intended in getting into a tunnel situation, especially given these attempts to finish it.
Yeah - noise that you've created. I think that you're getting more and more bothered by my vote with each passing hour, and you're trying to misconstrue and dismiss it by overcomplicating what is a very simple accusation.

My vote's staying for now. I suggest another route of action if you want it gone.

And the alternative route I suggested was something other than continuing to fight back against the vote you want me to think you don't care about. There are a lot of other players in here.

Oct 26, 2017
You didn't answer my question though. Who do you think was pushing that agenda?

And (I know I'm jumping in on someone else's questions here) if you voted to cause a tie, did you at least learn anything from who broke the tie?

Struggling to suss out some of your reasoning here. Your responses to some questions today seem to be kind of vague.
Sorry, wasn't clear. That's why I was saying it tells me nothing now because I don't think there was an agenda being pushed. It might be a piece that could be useful later, MAYBE, when more folks are dead. But my wild speculation post was just that. Wild speculation. My biggest point of the post was to keep people's eyes open that there was still possibility of a scum push on Turmoil. And I learned nothing from the tie. If I remember correctly, someone broke the tie within 1 post of my own.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Can you back up your scum reads? Even if it's not with quotes just now, could we have some reasons?
Let me stress again that they're just gut feelings I still haven't confirmed with evidence. (Also neutral leaning scum reads, not pure scum reads)

The Chuggernaut - I found his Day 1 posts kinda weird, and the discussion with Brazil a bit pointless. Still have to go through today's stuff with more attention to see if it changes my mind. (I noted fact that he's not gonna be around much this weekend so his sudden disappearance won't be factored in).

Faddy - I've been wary of him since he got in, and I've noticed at least a couple instances of imprecise info in his posts. Still need to weigh in on whether he's trying to spin stuff to prove his point or they're just honest mistakes.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Let me stress again that they're just gut feelings I still haven't confirmed with evidence. (Also neutral leaning scum reads, not pure scum reads)

Faddy - I've been wary of him since he got in, and I've noticed at least a couple instances of imprecise info in his posts. Still need to weigh in on whether he's trying to spin stuff to prove his point or they're just honest mistakes.

These instances definitely seem like the kind of stuff to share with the crowd rather than keeping to yourself.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

What info is imprecise?

You can correct me if you think I am saying something wrong. I don't take notes, I just post however I feel about stuff.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
I'm surprised Fantomas died because they did go MIA at the end of day which is not usually like them. At least he killed Verelios for us.
I thought Vere was scummy and now we know how day 1 was formed, two towns. That is Fantomas trying to make a pro town kill even if they did not hit mafia.

(Note: I'm not referencing "he killed Verelios for us" part as that has been covered already)
Not really imprecise as much as just outright assuming Fanto killed Vere (which is not the only possibility). Lays the foundation for the following posts.
(Also don't really agree with the bolded, but that's debatable).

The turmoil vote is interesting. I guess with Fanto flipping town there is most likely scum within Chuggs, Sae and Aeleus.

Fanto flipped neutral, not town.

The fight between Chuggs and Brazil was started by Chuggs. (This was pointed out by Aeleus while I was writing).

To me, those sound like twisting facts to suit what you want to say. Doesn't necessarily mark you as scum, but they rang my bell (and thus explain my gut feeling).

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, wasn't clear. That's why I was saying it tells me nothing now because I don't think there was an agenda being pushed. It might be a piece that could be useful later, MAYBE, when more folks are dead. But my wild speculation post was just that. Wild speculation. My biggest point of the post was to keep people's eyes open that there was still possibility of a scum push on Turmoil. And I learned nothing from the tie. If I remember correctly, someone broke the tie within 1 post of my own.
I'm curious as to why you're not naming names here. And why you're being even more vague (especially when I basically said "dude, you're being kinda vague").

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
(Note: I'm not referencing "he killed Verelios for us" part as that has been covered already)
Not really imprecise as much as just outright assuming Fanto killed Vere (which is not the only possibility). Lays the foundation for the following posts.

The fight between Chuggs and Brazil was started by Chuggs. (This was pointed out by Aeleus while I was writing).

To me, those sound like twisting facts to suit what you want to say. Doesn't necessarily mark you as scum, but they rang my bell (and thus explain my gut feeling).

Faddy can defend himself on something else I disagree with in this post but I'm also assuming Fanto killed Vere and at least part of my theory crafting hinges on that. The other possibilities seem too unlikely

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

Fanto flipped not scum, don't get hung up on it.

The fight was most definitely started by Brazil who took Chuggs comment, posted a gif then a vote with no reasoning attached. As said by Fantomas.

So the reasoning is that you think Chugg was actually trying to fish for a role? That he was being too self conscious?

I can assume I know why you placed that vote after quoting the post, but all you did was quote it and vote, so I wouldn't say there was a reason provided.

So yeah Brazil was the one being the aggressor here, trying to put Chugg on the back foot. Similar to what I think he did with Zeke in KH.

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
Faddy can defend himself on something else I disagree with in this post but I'm also assuming Fanto killed Vere and at least part of my theory crafting hinges on that. The other possibilities seem too unlikely
Don't get me wrong, given the information that we have now I also believe that's the most likely sequence of events.
The problem is that the amount of information we have now is probably not enough to determine that with certainty.

Can you use that as a basis for your reasoning? Yeah, with reserve.
The thing that sounded iffy to me was the subtle twist that made Fanto become town.