• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I finally went and collected those wibbly looking posts that bothered me. Here they are in chronological order because cut and paste is hard on semi mobile. They all look insincere to one degree or another.

Edge is a sneaky scum and I'm going to be keeping an eye on him for most of the game because of that, but yeah, I'm not interested in voting there at the moment.
Those successive votes are real bad. I need to look at them more closely because I wouldn't be surprised if scum were part of it. I don't suspect Turmoil, as a somewhat aside.

My activity has been lackluster today but that should pick up shortly.
I have no idea where you get "weirdly satisfied" at the current situatiom in that post.

I'm just not currently scum reading him. I don't really have any hard basis beyond a feeling, although I'm starting to doubt that slightly.
Vere very well could be scum. I've never seen scum Vere, but I know he's a good player and I could see him being sneaky in the role. I'm just not super convinced by the current votes and reasoning for voting him today. Like I think I would be more willing to vote Edge

I'm not much of a D1 player in any game really, especially not a fairly high activity one like this
I should put a vote down.

Vote: TheChuggernaut

It's really just a gut feeling right now. Which is all I have for anyone.
I'm leaning Sparky or Faddy right now but chances are those won't pick up any traction. I'll be around for the final few hours. Ask me anything.

I find it so strange that Rover is doing absolutely nothing as of late to backup Sparky. If I've missed it let me know, but I haven't seen NOTHIN'.
Scum is not likely to just roll over and die. The votes and non reaction are equally interesting. I see nothing wrong with idle speculation and am just trying to present another side.

To actually more or less answer, i really doubt they're both scum. If one is, i'd probably go with first claimant, unless we find out it was agreed upon. Which they refuse to say. But i could easily see they're both being town as well. I just don't know with this.
At this point though, I feel bad railing on Turmoil because surely there is real life shit keeping him away (hopefully nothing serious). Seems abnormal for someone to be gone this long with no posts while they are getting piled on. I don't think this is scum sitting back not sure what to do, and just trying to skate by. Of course, he could still be scum AND busy as hell in real life.
Well turmoil isn't doing himself any favours.

I still don't like the pile-on earlier today but it's the only vote in the running which I'm feeling iffy about myself so I guess:

vote: turmoil7

Lack of substance and that peculiar post directed at me (and I think LP) asking us to pick between the two squabblers.

That last hurrah seemed fairly desperate as well.
I am, I'll take that hard L if I'm wrong. I think this wagon is shit and I'm bummed turmoil didn't do much for me to try and fight it more.
I'm not at a point where I want to vote for Turmoil but I can live with the lynch happening. I don't have a passion filled argument for anyone elses lynch.
Agreed. Turmoil had a chance to defend himself, and he came out with guns bla---urmm...hrmmm...well, he kind of just lied down and asked to be beaten to death with wooden spoons. My vote is pretty concrete at this point.
I do kind of like a vote on weem as well. They look as if they're trying to be a puppeteer, forcing this "give me reads" or I'll pressure you mentality on the entire game. Which is fine, they're just being extremely blatant with it. Idk. I don't feel like I want to vote Turm but it doesn't seem like anything is going to change here.
If I jump on Turm would it be seen as a scum move?
Which is a list of
Edge
Chuggs
VA
Gotham
Sorian
LP
Kopite
Kalor
Saenima

Ok 9 is a lot but really LP's post isn't that bad, and Sorians could be worse I suppose, leaving 7 I would like to look at more thoroughly. The interactions with chuggs and one of the K's seem fake and teamish, along with votes for each other that were unlikely to get much traction up against turmoil.
Okay well there are probably more than 4 scum in this game, but you only want top 3, so I will redact one of those names.

Scum team is saenima, Kopite, Fantomas, and [redacted]

Town team is me, (ostensibly) Sparky, turmoil because he's totally a cop, and [redacted] x15 (just so that we are keeping count).

Of course there could be Top 3 Neutrals but I hate those and don't want to think about them right now
Interestingly, rover has been right about the dead ppl. [If we assume that scum=bad for town and not specifically mafia.]

If both Vere and Turmoil are town there is going to be a lot to evaluate in kills and potential claims. That hypothetical is impossible to answer right now.
Got any insights to start with, today? Apologies if I forgot already, stuff you said before.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
And with that, kopite is a little bit less bad looking than kalor and chuggernaut, plus i had some other people interacting with chuggs who would be more readable with his flip, so for the moment i will

vote: thechuggernaut

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Most of the early votes on turmoil were made while I was away from the game. When I came back, wee was the one leading the charge there, and by that point she was one of my biggest suspicions, which made me not want to vote against turmoil. At the end, I reiterated that, but added that turmoil wasn't even trying to defend himself, so it was hard to argue against the lynch. I must've made like 20 posts throughout that phase. I'm sure you can ISO that stuff in a few minutes.

You do see my point though, right? You are going after VA for flip flopping a bit on whether they wanted Turmoil to be lynched or not. Yet you never ever state a position on Turmoil.

And if you thought Turmoil wasn't a good lynch why did you switch off of kalor and onto wee immediately after Turmoil put Kalor 2nd in the voting?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
VA, just spend more time making scum reads and less time defending your posts that aren't hunting. Put a vote down and leave it. There doesn't have to be an ironclad reason to do it.

At this point, how do you feel about faddy, sorian, chuggs and brazil?

Faddy is a tough read but I don't see anything that sticks out.

I don't know if Sorian genuinely scum reads Rover. Emotions seem to be getting in the way.

I mentioned Chuggs before and don't think he's acting particularly scummy.

Brazil is less active than usual but is putting in work when he's around.

I worry that players are getting emotional and combined with the lacklustre D1 vote, it seems to be more sniping and snarky shade than actual scum hunting.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
also does giving another player's read as your read, count as a read? i don't think it does

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Faddy is a tough read but I don't see anything that sticks out.

I'll put this to you but really I have been desperate to post this all day but it is self centred.

There is absolutely no way I kill Fantomas as mafia. Think back to the disaster that was Brexit. Me and Sophia had Fanto more or less as our biggest ally then we killed him and it went to hell. Fanto and I were pretty aligned in this game and I am not going to recreate failed strategies.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
we're in the last 24 hours now and i'm not seeing votes. let's pick a direction and see what happens, shall we?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll put this to you but really I have been desperate to post this all day but it is self centred.

There is absolutely no way I kill Fantomas as mafia. Think back to the disaster that was Brexit. Me and Sophia had Fanto more or less as our biggest ally then we killed him and it went to hell. Fanto and I were pretty aligned in this game and I am not going to recreate failed strategies.

Weird defense.

Somehow worse than that entrance post where you quoted the person you replaced.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
i mean if you want to make a case for kopite, sure. my willingness to flip kopite is primarily out of needing to flip somebody and an intuitive sense from the first day votes, but i haven't noticed anything particularly worth boring a tunnel into his soul for

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We can cut the act and assume you two aren't actually in a chat right? Or do we still have to pretend?

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
i've considered the town utility of flipping us now vs. the ability of sparks and i to trust each other.

but i don't wanna die

Oct 27, 2017
I've been trying to tell you all (TOWN)

if either I or Rover gets lynch, the other one dies which scum victory that much more inevitable

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
curiously i do wonder which one of you on Team Fake Lovers would want to actually vote out, since you would only be voting out one of us by your conviction

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think either of you are scum, I just think the lover's thing is bullshit. Lying does not equal scum.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think either of you are scum, I just think the lover's thing is bullshit. Lying does not equal scum.

you floated the idea that we were masons, and that would make sense, but you play the hand you get dealt...

if you're insinuating we're just regular town, then lol. i am flattered you think i'm that gutsy