• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Every damn game man. I'm starting to think you don't love me :(
ONE GAME! I town read you in Mansion :'(

Anyway, with this and your response to weemad's read with a 'psychic read' reference, I don't like how you're using previous games to brush off scum reads against you, especially when it didn't even apply in my case.

Given I wanted you to be a bit more proactive in showing your thoughts, do you have anything to share other than wanting to kill the lover claim?
-----

Kopite

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
Made the post too soon, sorry Kopite.

You haven't posted in a while, anything to add, what do you think of your detractors, you said you wanted to have a closer look at me due to my disappearance at EOD, have you found anything worth sharing?

Girlofgotham

Oct 25, 2017
Travelling all day (with Cabot, nonetheless, and he's already started singing about footballers who love bees) so I'm not going to be around much.

So putting down a vote in case I'm AWOL later (if he keeps singing about bees, I'll be hitting the cocktails the minute we arrive).

vote: Vincent Alexander

Pretty likely that there's scum on the turmoil vote (I've already voiced concerns about a few of the early ones) and VA was one of the later votes.

On top of that, I'm still lost on why it was so difficult to answer me yesterday when I asked him who he thought was scum on the turmoil vote and he just kept going "well I don't know" and said he'd let me know in a few days.
Following on from Brazil's vote, VA admitted that he didn't think anyone would ask him to investigate his "there must be scum over there" statement. Why say it if you don't actually want to talk about it?

It's either trying to look busy/involved Or it's because his scum team weren't around to tell him what to say.

No matter how you look at it, I'm not impressed.

I'll check in when I can but Ive been travelling since 6am and I'm on my third train of the day and I'd actually like to do some holiday stuff when I get there. Woohoo York!

Vikings! Ghosts! Cocktails! Cabot singing about bees -_-

Olinad

Oct 30, 2017
I went over my reads again, tried to get some more ideas... But the more I dig, the more I smell something fishy coming out of the lovers claim. Just can't ignore it any more - weighed the consequences, and I think we'll be ok even in the worst of the possible outcomes. So...

Vote:Rover

Reasons are kinda spread over my previous posts, but to sum up: I've been kinda wary about the lovers claim since Day 1 (voted Sparky), and multiple posts from Rover make him look really suspicious. Justifying the last twist saying it was bait is kind of the last straw for me.

I'll be going to sleep really soon and I'll be back long before EoD for sure.

Oh, and also... Ty4on has disappeared right after the very start of Day 2. Come back and tell us your reads man.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I went over my reads again, tried to get some more ideas... But the more I dig, the more I smell something fishy coming out of the lovers claim. Just can't ignore it any more - weighed the consequences, and I think we'll be ok even in the worst of the possible outcomes. So...

Vote:Rover

Reasons are kinda spread over my previous posts, but to sum up: I've been kinda wary about the lovers claim since Day 1 (voted Sparky), and multiple posts from Rover make him look really suspicious. Justifying the last twist saying it was bait is kind of the last straw for me.

I'll be going to sleep really soon and I'll be back long before EoD for sure.

Oh, and also... Ty4on has disappeared right after the very start of Day 2. Come back and tell us your reads man.

What is the purpose of a fake lovers claim then? Do you think both Rover and Sparks are scum? What would they stand to gain because the way they carried it out doesn't feel manufactured.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I'll put this to you but really I have been desperate to post this all day but it is self centred.

There is absolutely no way I kill Fantomas as mafia. Think back to the disaster that was Brexit. Me and Sophia had Fanto more or less as our biggest ally then we killed him and it went to hell. Fanto and I were pretty aligned in this game and I am not going to recreate failed strategies.
People have pointed that this is an odd post to make, and I just remembered that the ERA scum meta was to let Fanto live as long as possible so it really was a weird kill to make. This does sound like Faddy defense though.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017

You haven't posted in a while, anything to add, what do you think of your detractors, you said you wanted to have a closer look at me due to my disappearance at EOD, have you found anything worth sharing?
My detractors from what the main ones I remember, and I'm obviously trying to avoid being OMGUSy here:

1)Faddy - Started off saying that I should be killed even if I was town because I sided mostly with Scum in a previous game, I think this colored his approach to me somewhat this game in his following posts scumreading me. I think Faddy is/was acting townish D1 though, his posts have been as townish today.
2)Wee - The first player to have rang my scum bells a bit after she 'called' me out for saying that Fanto was likely NK by mafia, despite that being the most obvious solution and that there may have been half a dozen or so other players stating the same before me. I would've pressed harder, but I think it may have been a town Wee just trying to put pressure on me. Part of me also thought I was going to play the Saenima role in a Wee tunnel so I didn't bother pushing back to hard other than a post telling Wee that she made a bad push/vote on me
3) Kalor - Kalor I thought just made some bad arguments against me. All I did was agree with a fairly thorough read by Faddy on Vere, and he pulled me up saying that I didn't do anything. Then I mentioned Zeke was playing differently and Kalor came in saying that I shouldn't be using meta, which I thought was pretty bad and could possibly be seen as defending Zeke.

All in all there's nothing vehemently scummy here but if I had a vigshot I needed to take right here right now I would pull the trigger on Kalor.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017

As for yourself you'll remember you scumread me in Maple Street when I was scum, you made a few good arguments and went through my posts and pointed out some scum tells. I thought you were doing a good job scumhunting that game so it was suspicous to me that you seemed a lot more passive this game. You didn't elaborate for your reasoning for a vote on turmoil too much past that it was a gut vote. I didn't pressure you too much on your more recent lack of activity though because I read that you were ill though?

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you so obsessed with how you appear? That's not the first time that you mention taking actions so you don't appear as scum.

Doesn't one want to not be seen as scum no matter their alignment? I'm just making it more obvious because I've clearly got a target on my back already due to previous games.

TheWorthyEdge

Oct 25, 2017
You're exuding so much confidence here.

Since when have I had confidence in a Mafia game? I said that and am playing the way I am in this game, by calling attention to myself with every post, to at least put into people's heads "Ah, Scum would never do this." but then people would think "No...it's Edge, he would definitely do this." By doing that it's 50/50. Town/Scum. That's a higher Town play than if I was to say nothing at all with my posts and carry on with my day as if what I was saying was simply to coast on by. I'm already being "side-eyed" from last game by some. Might as well be blatantly side-eyed by everyone. I'm calling this a...change in style but to you it may simply be just more Edge games.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't one want to not be seen as scum no matter their alignment? I'm just making it more obvious because I've clearly got a target on my back already due to previous games.

I think you're seeing things that aren't there. I haven't noticed people going after you due to past behaviour. It's been brought up but I don't think anyone is suspecting you more due to it.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Literally everyone gets suspected for previous play. That's one of the problems with meta reads is that when you are trying to read a player that's been in a dozen games you have to cherry pick which games you think are relevant.

also good morning, I'll be here until ~3 hours before EoD, when I have to commute home. I should be at least on mobile for EoD.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

Um no. Which is why I am happy to make dumb posts about replacing WSD and posts about why I am not Mafia on dumb meta things.

You said one of Brazil or Chuggs could be mafia. Who is more likely scum to you?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
As for yourself you'll remember you scumread me in Maple Street when I was scum, you made a few good arguments and went through my posts and pointed out some scum tells. I thought you were doing a good job scumhunting that game so it was suspicous to me that you seemed a lot more passive this game. You didn't elaborate for your reasoning for a vote on turmoil too much past that it was a gut vote. I didn't pressure you too much on your more recent lack of activity though because I read that you were ill though?

What were some of these scum tells?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are we in an uncomfortable silence because scum doesn't know how to position the day?

Oct 26, 2017
Travelling all day (with Cabot, nonetheless, and he's already started singing about footballers who love bees) so I'm not going to be around much.

So putting down a vote in case I'm AWOL later (if he keeps singing about bees, I'll be hitting the cocktails the minute we arrive).

vote: Vincent Alexander

Pretty likely that there's scum on the turmoil vote (I've already voiced concerns about a few of the early ones) and VA was one of the later votes.

On top of that, I'm still lost on why it was so difficult to answer me yesterday when I asked him who he thought was scum on the turmoil vote and he just kept going "well I don't know" and said he'd let me know in a few days.
Following on from Brazil's vote, VA admitted that he didn't think anyone would ask him to investigate his "there must be scum over there" statement. Why say it if you don't actually want to talk about it?

It's either trying to look busy/involved Or it's because his scum team weren't around to tell him what to say.

No matter how you look at it, I'm not impressed.

I'll check in when I can but Ive been travelling since 6am and I'm on my third train of the day and I'd actually like to do some holiday stuff when I get there. Woohoo York!

Vikings! Ghosts! Cocktails! Cabot singing about bees -_-
Vincent: There might be scum on Turmoil vote.
Gotham: Who are they?
Vincent: No clue
Gotham: Scum!!
You're overthinking this.

All in all there's nothing vehemently scummy here but if I had a vigshot I needed to take right here right now I would pull the trigger on Kalor.
Do you have a vig shot?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Most people aren't giving reads on very many players.

Where DID ty4on go, and why have we mostly forgotten he's even playing?

Aeleus

Nov 29, 2018
I was ill but you had already said that you were going to look into my posts due to my disappearance earlier, I was just interested in seeing the results of your efforts. Also while I was willing to that ISO just for you last game, I tend to be more of a gut read player in general.

I believe the post Kopite was referring to was my post on his day 1 activity, I called him out for sticking to posts be could answer honestly and scum and ignoring or purposely misunderstanding arguments made against him. An example of the latter:
I like Faddy's case against Vere, and while I'm not happy that turmoil's vote is on there as well I'll put my vote on him first

VOTE: Verelios
Actually, this post is giving me some giant red flags the more I look at. It piggy backs off of Faddy's case, it causes a distance between him and Turmoil if Turmoil flips scum, and it gives him an out if Vere flips town by not only having it be Faddy's idea instead of his, but also expressing concern about Turmoil being on the vote.
None of those arguments would stand if I tried to make them, as I'm sure you know.

I don't have any scumreads as of yet, I'd like to have a vote down early and agreed with Faddy's points so I put a vote down on Vere is all and I'm happy to leave it there for now
Only bothers to refer to the faddy piggybacking while ignoring the other points.

Oct 26, 2017
ty4on has low little in his posts. Spent much of Day 1 talking about roles (sleepwalker, miller, more sleepwalker) and ended the day without a putting a vote down:

Sorry for not voting yesterday. I couldn't really find anyone to push and it felt like a done deal with turmoil giving up

Without a vote down, not as easy to link scum back to killing town. And no need for scum to stick their head out if they don't need to. I could see scum here.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, reading back on Kop.

This seems a bit on the nose:

I pointed out Brazil's WIFOM comment as being a little hypocritical too.

Votes on Vere just following Faddy's case:

I like Faddy's case against Vere, and while I'm not happy that turmoil's vote is on there as well I'll put my vote on him first

VOTE: Verelios

Chuggs with some good points here:

Actually, this post is giving me some giant red flags the more I look at. It piggy backs off of Faddy's case, it causes a distance between him and Turmoil if Turmoil flips scum, and it gives him an out if Vere flips town by not only having it be Faddy's idea instead of his, but also expressing concern about Turmoil being on the vote.

Kop's answer is not very strong, but i can kinda see it if i squint:

None of those arguments would stand if I tried to make them, as I'm sure you know.

I don't have any scumreads as of yet, I'd like to have a vote down early and agreed with Faddy's points so I put a vote down on Vere is all and I'm happy to leave it there for now

Now this post caught my eye:

No necessary reason to find your own justification if you agree with someones assessment. You don't seem to remember why I even voted for Vere so calling me lazy is a bit ironic.

And since when is referring to meta mean nothing? It's one of the most obvious tells of a players alignment changing when they play differently

'You don't seem to remember why i even voted for Vere'. Well, because Faddy made a good case. And that was it.

Would shoot Kalor...

But votes Aeleus.

I was going to, but after pondering it for a bit I think I feel worse about Aeleus

VOTE: Aelues

This is also a good point:

I really liked when Kopite decided to only give read on people who were scum reading him.

All in all, i could put a vote there, but i'm doing other reads before deciding.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair that was the question I asked him, though the decision to come in answer my question pressuring him for a few specific reads and leave is his own choice.

I missed how your question was originally worded, did you ask him about people that scum read him or specifically people who voted for him? Because it looks to me like he just checked who voted for him today and responded there, he didn't seem to notice or care about people who had scum read him without a vote yet.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I played differently to when we were Masons in a previous game, and I made mostly surface level comments on the game

Do you have a vig shot?

How does this question benefit town in any way?
I really liked when Kopite decided to only give read on people who were scum reading him.
Come on, you'd obviously take more of an interest and pay more attention to people who engage you, especially when you're town

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
The stalemate and vote spread is strange.

I said I'd be willing to flip Kopite and I'm thinking about applying that vote.

I would like to flip weemad today because of her filth claim, and I would join that wagon too.

Sorian, just like our parents and religious leaders warned us, can wait.

Olinad's vote on me is looking rather opportunistic. I still assume mafia does not want to NK the lovers tonight, but maybe less certain if that for N2. They would rather vote us out safely.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
I believe the post Kopite was referring to was my post on his day 1 activity, I called him out for sticking to posts be could answer honestly and scum and ignoring or purposely misunderstanding arguments made against him. An example of the latter:

Only bothers to refer to the faddy piggybacking while ignoring the other points.
My first sentence "None of those arguments would stand if I tried to make them, as I'm sure you know." covers everything in that post. It's a post that's so weak that I'm certain it was just an attempt to get me to engage. Reread it properly and if you disagree I'll happily point out to you why nothing Chugg accuses me of will pass.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
So, reading back on Kop.

This seems a bit on the nose:
Dunno what you see here

Votes on Vere just following Faddy's case:
Correct

Chuggs with some good points here:
Bad points, none of those arguments would stand

Kop's answer is not very strong, but i can kinda see it if i squint:
Like with Aeleus I'll happily explain it if you need me to

Now this post caught my eye:

'You don't seem to remember why i even voted for Vere'. Well, because Faddy made a good case. And that was it.
What case did Faddy make? That's why I voted Vere.

Would shoot Kalor...

But votes Aeleus.
Yes? I mean the post you literally quoted and the one above that point to why I moved to Aeleus

This is also a good point:
As I've said, you'd obviously take more of an interest and pay more attention to people who engage you, especially when you're town

All in all, i could put a vote there, but i'm doing other reads before deciding.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
Baiting, but not a misdirection per se? The role PM truly doesn't explicitly say anything like "your confirmed town partner". In my opinion, it's not important, and the intention was for both to be town. I don't believe anything is afoot there, it's just not the most airtight rules wording on a role PM.

But I was curious to know who would like to keep indulging the conspiracy theory. They call it 'trolling' on this planet, I believe.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to flip weemad today because of her filth claim, and I would join that wagon too
This looks like a very odd reason to flip me.
Everything I know about the modifier is found in fanto's role card, mine won't give you any additional information. Which is why I didn't claim it until I saw fanto's flip. (Also I wasn't sure if every town member had some random adjective attached, but turmoil didnn't, so...that gave me data too)

Do you truly think i'm mafia?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Watching aeleus and saenima pull out the exact same quotes and comment at the same time makes me believe they are not talking to each other outside this thread. While one could be scum I doubt both are.

And y'all wonder why people sometimes confuse y'all?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry Rover but there is no reason whatsoever for anyone outside that unholy matrimony to believe you're both town, no matter how many times you say it. Even if we were to believe you're actually lovers, which is another kettle of fish altogether.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Baiting, but not a misdirection per se? The role PM truly doesn't explicitly say anything like "your confirmed town partner". In my opinion, it's not important, and the intention was for both to be town. I don't believe anything is afoot there, it's just not the most airtight rules wording on a role PM.

But I was curious to know who would like to keep indulging the conspiracy theory. They call it 'trolling' on this planet, I believe.

This post is oddly honest, the wording on the PM is done purposely with the added information that this game was ruled bastard. The worry is supposed to exist that the mod is lying about expectations via missing information.

In other words, yes, we are supposed to be asking if you two are the same alignment, that is Natiko's intention.