• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Baiting, but not a misdirection per se? The role PM truly doesn't explicitly say anything like "your confirmed town partner". In my opinion, it's not important, and the intention was for both to be town. I don't believe anything is afoot there, it's just not the most airtight rules wording on a role PM.

But I was curious to know who would like to keep indulging the conspiracy theory. They call it 'trolling' on this planet, I believe.
Thank you.
I understand your point of view although I see no reason to fall in line with it.

OP
OP
Natiko

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Vincent Alexander (2 votes)
Brazil - #1,308
Girlofgotham - #1,452

Kopite (2 votes)
weemadarthur - #1,140 #1,349
Kalor - #1,245
Sorian - #1,472

Faddy (1 votes)
TheWorthyEdge - #1,448

Rover (1 votes)
Sorian - #1,166 #1,167
Olinad - #1,454

Brazil (1 votes)
Faddy - #1,205

Aeleus (1 votes)
Kopite - #1,461

TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
weemadarthur - #1,349

Kalor (1 votes)
Sorian - #1,167 #1,168
TheChuggernaut - #1,254

weemadarthur (1 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #1,145

Sorian (1 votes)
Rover - #1,165
Sorian - #1,168 #1,169

TheWorthyEdge (0 votes)
Sorian - #1,267 #1,472

Not voting: Vincent Alexander, Comrade Doggo Sparky, Ty4on, Aeleus, AbsolutBro, Lone_Prodigy, saenima

Post Counts:
Sorian: 80 EzekelRAGE: 51 Comrade Doggo Sparky: 41 Rover: 40 weemadarthur: 36 Faddy: 32 Olinad: 26 Vincent Alexander: 22 TheChuggernaut: 19 saenima: 18 Girlofgotham: 15 Kalor: 14 Kopite: 14 Brazil: 10 Lone_Prodigy: 9 Aeleus: 8 Ty4on: 7 AbsolutBro: 7 TheWorthyEdge: 4

Current Countdown:
qnqze8qkx3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
This looks like a very odd reason to flip me.
Everything I know about the modifier is found in fanto's role card, mine won't give you any additional information.

This is believable, because a keyword modifier would be just like a tag added to your role. It could just as well be a letter or a color, since it's rather arbitrary.

So I do believe that is correct, there is technically no additional info about what "filthy" means; i.e. it has no additional mechanic to it besides being a word.

However.....

Which is why I didn't claim it until I saw fanto's flip. (Also I wasn't sure if every town member had some random adjective attached, but turmoil didnn't, so...that gave me data too)

Do you truly think i'm mafia?

If you had the keyword d1 (which is what you're suggesting here), then we must assume you started the game with it.

Now, that is significant, and I think that's where you are omitting some information.

If there is something about your role, or your alignment, that warranted starting with the modifier, then the modifier does seem to be associated with something. That's what I'd like to confirm.

FWIW? In a horror movie, the filthy and gaunt ones are usually monsters and vampires.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I'm not a fan of the shade thrown at Chuggs. He came out looking as the townies in his battle with Brazil as Brazil went very aggressive while Chuggs responded a bit confused why he was pushing so much.
His reads aren't super detailed, but they feel honest and he's not bullshitting with extra reasoning. Regarding turmoil he's at first hesitant, but gets more confidence seeing others are thinking the same.

Wee feels like a premature lynch; that claim was not provoked and did nothing to make her look town, heck she admitted she thought it meant she was recruitable. She acted kinda odd after the claim, but Occam's Razor says it was a town move to give more info about the modifier.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If there is something about your role, or your alignment, that warranted starting with the modifier, then the modifier does seem to be associated with something. That's what I'd like to confirm.
The role card says "filthy [role name]". That's it. That's all there is. It didn't match the sample PM which had no adjective.

If it's associated with more roles you won't find that data under my info. Just under the ones that interact with those modifiers. One of which we can reread any time.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Kalor feels.... normal? I've been in so many games where he's been mislynched and he feels like those.
If I had to be specific it doesn't feel like he's making any posts to "look" townie and just going at his own pace.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wee feels like a premature lynch; that claim was not provoked and did nothing to make her look town, heck she admitted she thought it meant she was recruitable. She acted kinda odd after the claim, but Occam's Razor says it was a town move to give more info about the modifier.
Which is it. It doesn't make me look town, or it does. I can't understand this sudden change at the end.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is believable, because a keyword modifier would be just like a tag added to your role. It could just as well be a letter or a color, since it's rather arbitrary.

So I do believe that is correct, there is technically no additional info about what "filthy" means; i.e. it has no additional mechanic to it besides being a word.

However.....

If you had the keyword d1 (which is what you're suggesting here), then we must assume you started the game with it.

Now, that is significant, and I think that's where you are omitting some information.

FWIW? In a horror movie, the filthy and gaunt ones are usually monsters and vampires.

You lost me here. Like I still want wee flipped on merit of her play but what are you on about? Yes, some people "randomly" (not truly random because it was chosen by a human probably for balance purposes) were immune to the SK and that would have obviously started D1, that is all.

I'll assume you didn't read HvV which is probably for the best but it's the same as the blood type mechanic. Two people did not have blood specifically to counter the neutral.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
The role card says "filthy [role name]". That's it. That's all there is. It didn't match the sample PM which had no adjective.

If it's associated with more roles you won't find that data under my info. Just under the ones that interact with those modifiers. One of which we can reread any time.

I understand that, the question is why you have the modifier. You're obviously not going to tell us what your role is, especially if it's the (extremely believable) assumption that filthy and gaunt roles are scum.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm lurking as I reread from D1, but nothing is jumping out at me strongly. There are posts that might look bad in hindsight, but they're D1 stuff so it's easy to look past.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kalor feels.... normal? I've been in so many games where he's been mislynched and he feels like those.
If I had to be specific it doesn't feel like he's making any posts to "look" townie and just going at his own pace.

Kalor still feels 100% like his neutral play in HvV but I can do better than that for a day 2 lynch, it was fine for day 1 especially when no one else wanted to move votes anyway.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I understand that, the question is why you have the modifier. You're obviously not going to tell us what your role is, especially if it's the (extremely believable) assumption that filthy and gaunt roles are scum.

Spoilers:

Because X number of town and Y number of scum had to be immune to Fanto

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Because a neutral that cannot target scum is very plausible? What an....odd....conclusion to reach.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely want to lynch in the Brazil, Aeleus, Olinad world today. I think all 3 of them have aligned in certain arguments.

I would also put AbsolutBro with them and maybe Edge as well.

My kopite/kalor scum reads have dropped off quite a bit and I see some town qualities, more in kopite than kalor but then I am never great at reading kalor.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers:

Because X number of town and Y number of scum had to be immune to Fanto
This is sort of my thought, but I didn't really see any reason to separate town/scum into filthy/gaunt. Why not use one single modifier? (Filthy xor gaunt)? I mean, that's probably a question for Natiko after the game ends, but it should at least make people keep in mind the possibility of another role that interacts with one or the other key word.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Because a neutral that cannot target scum is very plausible? What an....odd....conclusion to reach.

It's plausible, that's why I also floated it but it's not a good assumption right now. What makes it plausible is if there is another very pro-town neutral or scum is very underpowered, neither of which can be gauged at this time.

But yeah, trying to make it a sticking point on D2 with 3 flips is not the way to go.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely want to lynch in the Brazil, Aeleus, Olinad world today. I think all 3 of them have aligned in certain arguments.

I would also put AbsolutBro with them and maybe Edge as well.
?

I cannot imagine which arguments I would have aligned with Brazil, Aeleus or Olinad. I'm not sure I've had direct conversations with any of them.

I suppose I could be included for coasting, for which I cannot fault you.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
?

I cannot imagine which arguments I would have aligned with Brazil, Aeleus or Olinad. I'm not sure I've had direct conversations with any of them.

I suppose I could be included for coasting, for which I cannot fault you.

yeah general lack of interactions and how you present some arguments I am finding a bit scummy but not enough to make you someone I would concentrate on today...

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
And why do it with a modifier, in that case, instead of just writing it as "can't target mafia"?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reading through VA. On his first day the only thing that jumps out to me is his late vote on turmoil when things were pretty much decided on that point, after his weird Edge vote. He has since justified his Edge vote.

This is a good post...

To consider all possibilities, scum could've pushed Turmoil because they needed to ensure a townie got murdered, and they didn't think Vere was going to work out. So they focused on an low post player who could easily be pushed over. Vere was actually around to defend himself. Safe play to go after someone like Turmoil just to ensure day 1 goes off without a hitch. But...wild speculation.

...that would put himself on the spot. Brazen scum or just innocuous?

A back and forth with Gotham and Brazil over this last post and his vote on day 1, where i think he comes out ok.

Now this:

Do you have a vig shot

I don't like it. Kop could be soft claiming or merely using a role to illustrate a point. What town shouldn't do here is try to extract the answer to that doubt. Leave that for scum to figure out. So i read this VA post as real scummy or bad town play.

Admittedly, this is not much to go on. On balance, VA reads townie to me.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is sort of my thought, but I didn't really see any reason to separate town/scum into filthy/gaunt. Why not use one single modifier? (Filthy xor gaunt)? I mean, that's probably a question for Natiko after the game ends, but it should at least make people keep in mind the possibility of another role that interacts with one or the other key word.

I don't actually think there's an actual hard rule here like filthy=town and gaunt=scum (which if that is what happened Natiko, don't do that again and I extend that out to the reviewers as well). It's very likely this is in the realm of don't read into flavor and this haunted house wanted some dirty people and some hungry people to fill in the fun text.

Where are the other claims then

Well Zeke is one. wee also seems to think she saw some other people mildly hint at it. But what does this have to do with anything? With how precious people acted at wee claiming it, some of the newer folks probably think it would be bad to claim it even though odds are the mechanic is now dead with Fanto and does not matter.

There's also the obvious that scum probably don't want to claim it if they have any mind in balance because you know at least one person with this modifier is scum and you can lynch in that group until you find them if we actually had perfect info on who has the modifier and who does not.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also realize that filthy and gaunt means nothing when you think about it which is why I asked wee the question I did when she first claimed. You can put those descriptors into a vanilla townie and they would still be a vanilla townie. This isn't some PR tell either.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And why do it with a modifier, in that case, instead of just writing it as "can't target mafia"?

Because then you have told someone at the start of the game what the scum faction is named which gives them too much information for not being in the scum team. It also directly makes them a pseudo cop as described above.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
It is possible that filthy/gaunt is a cult like mechanic and the master is filthy / subordinates are gaunt

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sleepwalkers can't shoot people. I can link you to the mafiascum page if my role has confused you.
Says a man who is unsure what his alleged role really does, and whether it hurts the targets?
It is possible that filthy/gaunt is a cult like mechanic and the master is filthy / subordinates are gaunt
Ooooh now I'M a cult leader? Sweet. I might really enjoy that role. How much fun has wee been having? That would be good evidence.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Says a man who is unsure what his alleged role really does, and whether it hurts the targets?

Ooooh now I'M a cult leader? Sweet. I might really enjoy that role. How much fun has wee been having? That would be good evidence.

I never thought my role hurt anyway. I thought I would maybe get a neighbor chat with a random person or get a voyeur report on an unknown individual. Neither happened N1 so /shrug.