• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
yesterday i was driving going back home and i saw this woman in a bike and look at her and thought to myself, wow she is hot, and thats what it.

but i started thinking about when men tend to cat call them and felt like, "at least im not like those guys".

but it made me ponder, how different is what we did.

i mean its not like when i saw her, i thought of "all the things i would to her because she is so hot bla bla bla" i just glimpsed at her and think to myself, she is hot.

maybe this is a stupid topic, but sometimes i guess i cant help turning to see an attractive woman in the street ;/

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
You don't have to feel ashamed because you thought someone was hot. That's normal. Just don't be a dumb prick.

It's a bit weird that this so so confusing to a lot of men.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Firstly, I would also make sure you look at women on the street as I have found you walk into people. Especially if you are driving and they are pedestrians.

In all seriousness, its impossible to avoid those thoughts, but its different if you act/cat call. You're allowed to look/glimpse and think someone is attractive, but you probably shouldn't be staring intently.

If you couldn't look at people you were attracted to, how would you ever meet a life partner?

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Assuming this thread was made in good faith, you're fine. There's nothing wrong with noting attractiveness.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's generally okay to give a passing appreciative glance but don't be a creep and stare.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Looking is fine. Staring like a jackass and/or being creepy about it is not. And definitely not catcalling.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Noticing attractive people is fine, we all do it. But that should be it, notice then both you and your eyes move on. What's your eyes lock it's not noticing, it becomes staring or leering, and that's fucking creepy.

OP
OP
Gustaf

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Firstly, I would also make sure you look at women on the street as I have found you walk into people. Especially if you are driving and they are pedestrians.

In all seriousness, its impossible to avoid those thoughts, but its different if you act/cat call. You're allowed to look/glimpse and think someone is attractive, but you probably shouldn't be staring intently.

If you couldn't look at people you were attracted to, how would you ever meet a life partner?

oh yeah i was looking at her because well here in my city we dont really have "bike lines" so she was going the same way i was going, so thats why i noted her in the first place, then realize she was attractive haha

astro

Oct 25, 2017
There is nothing wrong with looking at someone.

There is something wrong with:

Looking for too long.
Leering.
Making comments.
Repeatedly looking.
Etc...

Oct 25, 2017
Wow you saw someone who you thought was attractive, you probably should take a hot poker to your eyes to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Someone needs to make a "how to be normal - ResetERA edition" book for dummies

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I mean you're fine OP, you just glanced thought she was hot and that's that.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're over-thinking it. You're human, of course you'll gladly look at a person you find attractive.

One of my OCD related books mentions a study that says that most college students think lustful thoughts of each other, both men and women, almost all the time they pass each other. Even when they are not even trying to think sexual/lustful thoughts, the brain will make those thoughts come up. Poof. Just like that.

Its okay, again don't over-think it.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Rule of thumb, if you have to ask yourself whether what you just did is creepy, you're likely being creepy.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
The trick is you focus on something behind them so you can stare intently and then when they're like, "What the hell are you starting at?" you just say, "Actuuuaally, I was looking at that thing behind you. Don't be so presumptuous, geez." Then they feel bad and give you their number and eventually you get married.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
What matters is your actions, not your thoughts. You can glance at people, that's normal and to be expected. You can sit in your car and imagine that bike woman with a beak and robot arms for hours if you'd like. But just stay aware that your thoughts can influence your actions, and if you feel that happening to a point where you're negatively affecting the world/people around you, maybe take a second to check yourself.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
If you notice a quick lycanthropic transformation followed by howling, you may be in the wrong.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
gettyimages-493656728.jpg

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Look, never stare. Never shout, cat call or otherwise be skeevy. This goes for everyone, not just women. I promise, this is NOT difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.