• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
While there are indeed a lot of racists who are malicious, I've also seen that quite a it of them are just socially inept and don't know how to interact with minorities. So I was wondering, what is your approach to this kind of racism?

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I tell them that they're doing something racist/wrong. If it truely is down to ignorance, people apologise and stop.
But often, the ignorance is chosen.
And then they start defending their behaviour.

"It's not mean as an insult! It's just what he is, it's neutral description"
-Guy defending his casual use of the German N-word to talk about black people in Vienna.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty damn socially inept and somehow manage to not be a bumbling racist

OP
OP
DragonSJG

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
I tell them that they're doing something racist/wrong. If it truely is down to ignorance, people apologise and stop.
But often, the ignorance is chosen.
And then they start defending their behaviour.

"It's not mean as an insult! It's just what he is, it's neutral description"
-Guy defending his casual use of the German N-word to talk about black people in Vienna.
truth

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's bigotry caused by social ineptness as much as it is expressed through social ineptness, but maybe that's what you mean. There's no definitive answer to how you approach making people less racist. It depends on the person, how far gone they are, your relationship with them, etc. Give us an example fam.

Ryder9

Alt account
Banned
May 26, 2018
great, now we're making excuses for racists

it's the racists & bigots who are the most afflicted

what is the point of these threads?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication

Bigotry is not something to be excused and we aren't interested in hosting a thread that could do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.