• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you feel about changing ERA logo for game releases?

• I like it

• The idea has merit, but I wish the community was better included in the decisions

• I hate it, it should never happen

• No opinion/don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I like it, but I wish there was a poll or something for the community to vote on for these types of things. Them just doing it isn't offensive either, but if it was to become a regular thing I'd like my say on it haha

Oct 30, 2017
I think it's cool. Nice little festive addition to the forum. And let's just say ERA needs that sort of positive spirit a lot of the time.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's cool. They've done it before

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
has it been like that all week? i honestly never noticed it changed

i'm making a joke, don't take this post serious

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
It's fun

I'm not playing Gears 5 but it's fun

What is actually wrong with doing something like this

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I like it, but I wish there was a poll or something for the community to vote on for these types of things. Them just doing it isn't offensive either, but if it was to become a regular thing I'd like my say on it haha
Why? They run this place, let them have a little fun. We don't need to vote on everything... it's just a logo.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I like the idea of it and it'd be interesting to see it change a little more often for major game/film releases as long as the community is behind it.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's cool, I like it.
Nice little way to celebrate the release. Hope they do it more for future titles

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm somewhere between "No Opinion and I like it."

Whatever, let people have fun. It is a videogame forum after all, and it doesn't have to switch to whatever your favorite game is every month. If you don't like it, override the CSS with your favorite game.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Needing to be included in discussions over a little Easter Egg adds a layer of formality that undermines the entire frivolous, fun point of small community related nods and accents.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
They've changed the logo before. Think it would be neat to do for big releases in the future.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I didn't even notice it had changed until I saw this thread. I don't care. It's fun for people who like the game and shouldn't matter to anyone else since it doesn't impact the experience of using the site.

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Why? They run this place, let them have a little fun. We don't need to vote on everything... it's just a logo.

They run this place for us though? If it becomes a regular occurrence why is the community having a voice on it a bad thing? if you don't want to vote then don't vote. The people who do want to vote can.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't even notice it.
Ehh.. it's fine. Nice to do as a special ode to special games.
If anyone answered 2 or 3.... you seriosuly need to re-evaluate your life.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Caving to the nay-sayers is literally taking the "a handful are offended so we do nothing at all."

I actually forgot we used to do this here, keep doing it. ERA has gotten way too combative and try-hard serious, we need more light-hearted and fun stuff like this.

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
kISCtoC.jpg

mXXWS75.jpg

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
You should either enjoy it, or not care. Anything else is effectively rooted in console warrior garbage or some strange sense of entitlement.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It's a logo for a forum website. I don't care. But I also kind of like seeing change from time to time. I voted I like it.

Deleted member 4262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they got paid by MS. I know they didn't, but still. And why just Gears? What about other games?

Kinda weird.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
It's neat.

And I feel like I'm inclined to be reactionary when confronted with forum changes.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see more themed logo changes for other stuff in the future.

OP
OP
Shodan14

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'd personally love to get some more information about how decisions regarding this and other things affecting the site are made and who if anyone is included in the process. The running of the site and communication has become more and more opaque in the past year in my opinion and I wish there was more dialogue with the community as a whole rather than small groups or single individuals.

I'm somewhere between "No Opinion and I like it."
No opinion also doubles for "I don't hate it" and "I'm ok with it", hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.