• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How will Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order fare with critics?

• 95 or above (Game of the Generation material)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 90-94 (It's like Naughty Dog Star Wars)

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • 80-89 (It's all you cold have asked for in a new Star Wars campaign)

Votes: 103 69.1%
  • 70-79 (the EA Star Wars curse continues)

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • 69 or below (nice)

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
November sees the release of a brand new Star Wars game - the first new single player Star Wars campaign in years, and the first one under EA's custody of the license. EA's Star Wars outings have been lackluster so far, and the initial showings for Fallen Order didn't look the best, but previews are very positive, and the game is, after all, by Respawn, who delivered one of the best shooter campaigns of the generation.

Do you think Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order will fare well with critics?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
80-89 seems likely. It will be well-polished and meet expectations with some good twists on traditional gameplay, but it won't reinvent the wheel and will have some awkward parts that don't fit well together, preventing it from reaching that highest tier.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
80-89 is way too broad specially because that's where most AAA games usually land but there's a considerable difference between 80-84 to 85-89, just saying.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I'm thinking it'll be in the mid to high 80s based off of what we have seen recently. The combat looks top notch, I feel like any issues might be with the story.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Those that love the Soulsy like mechanics I think they'll eat it up but those that don't (myself) it'll prevent me from fully enjoying the game to the extent I wish I could. I'm thinking a 78 ish score range. Lower for my tastes though.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Respawn has shown a knack to deliver very well made games. So mid to high 80s. They would have to knock it out of the park to deliver a 90+ game.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thread whining I know so feel free to warn me or ban me. Not sure where to say this anywhere else:

It's not against the rules I know; but I'm not sure how I feel about the front page being littered with identical review prediction threads. If this became standard from now on it would suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.