• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I saw a deal on some seasons of Strike Back and it seems like the kind of action series I'd really like.

However, I'm confused as to what seasons I should be watching. In some cases, it looks like S1-S4 is a complete story. It looks like it came back for S5-S7(starting soon) but it has been rocky?

Any suggestions on what seasons to pick up? It's cheap, but should I just stick with 1-4 for now?

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Season 1 is an almost completely separate UK show. Some like it. I don't. It's short, but completely different in tone to the rest. 2-5 is when it moved to Cinemax, and got the two new leads. It's fantastic and for sure worth watching. 6-7 I decided not to watch, its a brand new cast again, I can't speak to the quality but I know some like it.

If you can only watch some of it, S2-5 is fantastic. SOme of the best action on television. Keep in mind, its not deep but its a well done military/ gunfight/ explosion /sex/ filled show.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
It's a great show absolutely ludicrous, but so enjoyable.

Season 1 is OK and worth watching but yeah it's entire tone is very different to the season 2 onward.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Season 1 is an almost completely separate UK show. Some like it. I don't. It's short, but completely different in tone to the rest. 2-5 is when it moved to Cinemax, and got the two new leads. It's fantastic and for sure worth watching. 6-7 I decided not to watch, its a brand new cast again, I can't speak to the quality but I know some like it.

If you can only watch some of it, S2-5 is fantastic. SOme of the best action on television. Keep in mind, its not deep but its a well done military/ gunfight/ explosion /sex/ filled show.

It's a great show absolutely ludicrous, but so enjoyable.

Season 1 is OK and worth watching but yeah it's entire tone is very different to the season 2 onward.

got it ,thanks! it looks like iTunes totally separates S1 into 'Strike Back Origins' and has S1-4 as it's own little thing. Will for sure pick up! I am in the mood for dope action.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Interesting - the deal is actually for Seasons 3-5. Worth picking up just S2 at full price and skipping S1? Will I miss anything storywise?
The seasons are mostly stand alone but characters definitely progress and carryover. I would pick up 2 if you want the full thing. They eventually have one episode with the lead from season one but you won't miss much otherwise.
got it ,thanks! it looks like iTunes totally separates S1 into 'Strike Back Origins' and has S1-4 as it's own little thing. Will for sure pick up! I am in the mood for dope action.

YEah, the naming conventions are very weird and complicated. SBO is the Uk season 1. US 1-4 is 2-5. lol

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd also set aside time to watch two episodes at a time if you can, as each season is structured like 5 movies. Episode 1 is to be continued and then concluded in 2 and then there will be a new setting in 3 and 4, and so on.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
Seasons 1 through 5 are amazing. The most brofest let's go kick-ass and kill bad guys best friend outing on tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.