• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
CNET doing the lord's work here.

www.cnet.com

How the Xbox Series X and Series S fit into the most popular Ikea furniture

We tried life-size console mockups in everything from a Hemnes to a Kallax to a Fjallbo.

There's a better-than-decent chance that your next console is going to live in a piece of Ikea furniture. The assemble-it-yourself Swedish brand is known for inexpensive media centers and TV stands, which range from generic white boxes to industrial-style metal shelves.

Having gotten my hands on life-size plastic mockups of the upcoming Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, I slipped both into my bag and headed down to the nearest Ikea (literally walking distance) to see how the new consoles worked with some of the most popular living room furniture in the store.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I have the Besta and since there's like a million Besta configurations, this isn't helpful for me.

That said, no physical way the Series X nor the PS5 will fit in my Besta Burs

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
horizontal ok, vertical nok
Like, are you talking about on top? Did you mean to quote me? PS5 as measured is too deep - 10.5" to 11" unless I cut out some of the back (doable but I don't want to do it) whereas Series X will not fit in the middle sections at all at 6" wide horizontally.

Edit: PS5 would actually fit, as its about the same depth of the PS4. My apologies!

Status
Not open for further replies.