• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2019
I haven't owned an Xbox since the original. What should I do with it?

Edit: I meant a Series S, or whatever it's called. The newest one.

Last edited:

Cyberleafm

Banned
May 7, 2021
Not really a bad system, but it's a bit old. I would recommend just using it to play backwards compatible games.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
You spent a decent amount of money to buy something and you don't know what to do with it?

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
If you randomly bought a console without thinking about it before hand than money isn't a problem for you. So, donate it to a children's hospital if you don't plan on using it. Or give it away to someone you know who may use it.

Seaweed

alt account
Banned
May 27, 2021
Return it and stop doing impulse purchases. Why in the world would you spend that kind of money on something and not know why you would?

Would you go out there and buy $259 Jordans without rhyme or reason?

The only explanation I can think of is that you want it because the idea of owning it seemed cool to you. Now you got it and that feeling has gone. It isn't about the item, it's owning it that makes you want to have it.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
grandma-working-at-the-office-and-looking-at-the-computer-in-picture-id664626508

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
I would say the classic get GamePass for a bit, and you can see what's fun. I recommend Forza Horizon 4 if anything specific, that one surprised me a lot :D

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last Xbox I owned was a 360. I picked up a Series S months ago and love it. A great deal for a cheap entry into Next Gen gaming.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like mine, you get over the lack of physical games pretty damn quick, but I get the feeling I'm going to have to get a Series X if I ever get some more disposable income.

Anyway, Game Pass and you're set for life.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I got a Series S at launch, first Xbox I buy too! I love my little box so much.

Go play... uh, Mortal Kombat 11 if you're into fighters. It looks awesome and the load times simply don't exist.

OP
OP
Oct 3, 2019
User Warned: Hostility
Return it and stop doing impulse purchases. Why in the world would you spend that kind of money on something and not know why you would?

Would you go out there and buy $259 Jordans without rhyme or reason?

The only explanation I can think of is that you want it because the idea of owning it seemed cool to you. Now you got it and that feeling has gone. It isn't about the item, it's owning it that makes you want to have it.

The actual explanation is that I obviously plan on playing games and was looking for recommendations, but apparently you're too dense to catch that. Thanks for the life advice though.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
I got a Series S at launch, first Xbox I buy too! I love my little box so much.
Tempted to get a Series S but I don't know what I'd do with it considering I have a Series X. I just think it looks good on a shelf lol.

I haven't owned an Xbox since the original. What should I do with it?

Edit: I meant a Series S, or whatever it's called. The newest one.
I'd say try some of the game from MS new studio to see what you like, plus they should mostly be on gamepass:
Racing: Forza and Forza Horizon games
RPG: Pillars of Eternity (my personal fav), Wasteland, Bard's Tale, Beth ones (you probably already played these) like Fallout and Elder Scrolls
FPS: Doom, Halo (can't recommend Master Chief Collection enough), We happy few, Prey, Wolfenstein
Action/Adventure: Hellblade, Gears, Sea of Thieves, Dishonored 1 & 2, Battletoads (short 3-6 hour ride, really fun)
Strategy/tactis: Gears Tactics, Halo Wars 1 & 2 (love these games and play really well on controller)

EDIT: forgot to add all the amazing point and click adventure games by doublefine! Day of the tentacle, Grim Fandango, Full throttle and the awesome platformer Psychonauts especially since the new one is coming to gamepasss later this year!

You got too many games to play!

Last edited:

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
I bought an Xbox One S All-Digital brand new for £99 a couple of years ago. Picked it up mostly so that my kid could play the Forza Horizon games (he's obsessed with cars and had already played a bunch of driving games on my PS4). These days it makes a fine SSX3 machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.