• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
I was catching up on Max Landis articles after that other thread on him and one of the headlines have him accused of "sexual misconduct". So I put "sexual misconduct" in quotes and ran it through Google News. Yep. It's used a lot for sexual assault cases.

Sexual misconduct gives the impression of either unprofessional but consensual or at worst being a sex pest. This is a totally wrong impression when someone is accused of raping, sexually, and emotionally abusing eight women. I think it really needs to stop and that when people are sexually assaulted we need to confront it head on.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I'm an attorney (in administrative law) and I prosecute cases dealing with this often. Legally-speaking, it's referred to as "sexual misconduct" a majority of the time (by statute/law).

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Bingo. It's a legal definition, OP.

Ironically, whenever I tell any of my friends about a case I'm dealing with, I always say it's a case about "sexual assault" and not sex misconduct (probably to be more clear about what the case is about). I do get the OP's point, though. But again....the law's the law *shrugs*

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
As the OP's question has been answered, the thread is locked at their request.

Status
Not open for further replies.