• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2017
I see how obsessed this place is with games being 60fps and I feel so fortunate that it's something I just don't care about. Like not at all. I've seen post after post talking about how they didn't enjoy game X because of the frame rate and it's something I've never cared about. So many posts about how they didn't enjoy a game or worse they couldn't be bothered to even play a game because it wasn't 60fps while I've played countless games at 30 fps and I've never had a problem with it. I'm so very thankful that I don't give a shit about frame rates and can just enjoy a game for what it is and I feel bad for those of you who have the unfortunate affliction of being obsessed about the frame rate of games you play. It seems to ruin the enjoyment of amazing games for so many of you and I often think how glad I am that it's not something that I care about. I realize I'm in the tiny minority here but boy am I ever glad to be an outlier in this case.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I pretty much only notice it if I have first hand experience with both versions to make a direct comparison.

So like, playing Kingdom Hearts Final Mix or Dark Souls on PS3 and then moving on to the PS4 versions. That's about it.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you OP. :)
60fps sure is nice if possible, but 30fps is just fine. If the framerate is stable 30fps I never stop and say to myself: "Oh this would be so much better in 60fps!" Never crosses my mind.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
As I got older, framerates have been less of an issue for me. 30 is fine for me but maybe that's because I grew up playing more console games. I still appreciate 60 and higher though.

By the way, what's with all the 30/60 fps threads lately?

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
You can look at it that way, sure, but you can also look at it like you can't experience how nice and smooth 60fps is compared to 30.

It's kind of like in books, where digital-only readers say how they don't have to deal with bad bindings and misprints and stuff like that. Which is true, but then, they also don't get to experience the great quality books, which are so nice.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I can tell the difference and if a game on console gives me the choice, I'll probably stick to 60 fps, but I get used to 30 fps after a while if there's no choice. I recently played the first 3 Gears games on Series X after playing almost everything at 60 fps on PS5 and it was fine after an hour or so.
Edit: Oh just saw the first page. This is a reaction thread from another thread, isn't it? That's lame.

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Same

If the game is playable, I probably won't even notice most of the time

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Same. I notice framerate differences if I can compare them directly, but 30fps doesn't bother me if it's stable.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I mean I can tell the difference, I just don't care like you. All I want is the game to be fun, everything is whatever. Granted if a game has the option for both I'll do the 60, but I am perfectly fine playing a game that is 20 FPS if I enjoy the game.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
I'm with you kinda? I prefer 60 to 30 if it's there and I don't have to make any major sacrifices, but it doesn't affect my enjoyment of a game all that much.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Yeah 30fps is fine, but only if it's stable and locked. Frame pacing is more important as that isn't something you can try and get used to.

But like, I get it though. I'm not going to refuse 60fps lol, and is also why I'm waiting for HZD and RDR2 to get updates before I play them.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Not caring about something isn't a special quality. Most people don't care about most things.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
60FPS is better, but I will still usually choose the 30FPS mode if there is an appreciable quality jump. Ray tracing and high image quality are more important than 60FPS for me, most of the time anyway.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
I spent a large part of my teens playing Minecraft at 15-20 fps

30 fps is enough for me

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
We don't need yet another thread for this, especially when there's an active one

Status
Not open for further replies.