• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Spoilers

I was never a fan of Captain America nor the early MCU, so when Steve gave Sam the shield the most that I could take out of the moment was a black man getting handed the mantle.

Fast forward to a week and a half ago, my girlfriend says she's gonna watch the first episode of the new show, and I'm like 'okay have fun' and it starts with Falcon still being Falcon, I'm like 'huh isn't this after Endgame' and then Winter guy shows up and is like 'why did you give up the shield'. I think What? Dude didn't want it?

Every time she turns on an episode I end up watching it. Oh shit, a government appointed Captain America replacement. Terrorists born of those disenfranchised when the Blip brought everyone back and reinstated the status quo of before. Then comes episode 5 and I just straight up join her. I guess I'm watching this damn show now. Am I witnessing the biggest bromance in MCU history? Their chemistry is so good man

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now you're locked in!

For exactly one more episode (Episode 6 is the finale)

It's a fun show. The leads are great, they give a little more shine to some of the MCU's most underused characters (Sharon, Zemo) and really do a good job of building up Sam from a side character to someone who can stand on their own, while also rebuilding Bucky. I feel like John Walker is also one of the most watchable MCU characters in recent memory, mainly because Wyatt Russell is killing it and every moment he's on screen just makes your blood boil in one way or another.

The Flag Smasher plot line is not handled all that elegantly (rumors of them having to scrap a virus outbreak plot don't help), but once I realized that their target is basically ICE/Border Patrol but on a global scare (the GRC), it made a lot more sense to me.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Both the Star Wars and the Marvel Disney+ series have been absolutely stellar so far. The fact that they made a show about the two sidekicks of a dude called Captain America and it ends up being really fucking good is a huge achievement. Glad you're having fun!

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By virtue of these being shows not movies, but with high Disney production values they just draw you in in a different way.

It's not exactly like a movie where it just pulls you in, but every episode leaves a little taste to get you to want to continue. This was true for Mando and Wanda as well.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I am holding off watching it until it is done.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Both Marvel shows are hella watchable, even if you're not on board the Marvel train. They're just really entertaining shows with fun character dynamics.

Status
Not open for further replies.