• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
Requested lock and edited.

TL:DR My 12yo God daughter is featured on an Instagram page called

Hi Era.

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but Twitter aside, I manage to avoid all social media. I'm not well up on Instagram at all.

So, my best friend lives in Leyland in Lancashire (NW Egland)and I was round at his earlier this afternoon when his daughter walks down the stairs and announces her fame. There's a picture of her and also pictures of her friends on an Instagram page called
Now the daughter was accepted as a friend and got to view the first page and that's how she discovered her image. The page is full of very young girls and boys from around the town. This sounds all my alarms and I can't for the life of me think of a non-nefarious reason for having the page exist.

I can't site:Inst... search for terms and joining only gave me access to the friend request.

I'm really not sure what to do now. Mum has reported the page but according to the munchkin the page has been shut down and has reopened. What the fuck?!

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Report the accounts. Just make a throwaway instagram account to do it.

The Grizz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure I feel comfortable in this thread, let alone clicking on any of the links. Sounds like you got the conversation started, which is all you can do for now.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what you gain by advertising where these photos are posted.

I would edit the post to eliminate any way to get to these pages with your family members pictures.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Woof. That dogs express is pretty much my take on the situation. Report that shit and get those accounts shut down OP.

Reported the account.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Instagram is pretty pathetic at protecting people, even children, from creeps. My daughter is a young ballerina and uses it. Creeps will often post on her page or reuse her pics and when reported it seems like the follow through is consistently weak.

OP
OP
Box

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
I'm not sure what you gain by advertising where these photos are posted.

I would edit the post to eliminate any way to get to these pages with your family members pictures.
It was to give people a way to report but I get your point. I'll leave them up for a few more minutes.

Thanks all for the reports.

OP
OP
Box

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
We can report it too if you want to gain more traction.

which reason did you used?
The only one I thought they'd entertain was Content that targets people to degrade or shame them

Instagram is pretty pathetic at protecting people, even children, from creeps. My daughter is a young ballerina and uses it. Creeps will often post on her page or reuse her pics and when reported it seems like the follow through is consistently weak.

What i feared :/

Edit:

Thanks again folks. As I thought it's report and hope. What pisses me off is how easy it is to ge the exact same page up with a slightly different title and I guess starting again with report and hope. Ugh.

Gonna request lock.

1*5NHmdhNlAiVOLU_6ts5irQ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.