• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 29, 2020
So I was banned from posting in the buy/sell/trade forum, because it looks like I started a bid war, even though, I didnt really post any link to any site like ebay, but instead, set a price of $999 for a PS5, but also added that I was open for offers.

The rules werent clear, so I thought that it was ok to set a fixed price but also leave it open, if someone wanted to offer another console, another price, etc...

I tried to contact Era to talk about my ban, but Its been weeks and Im still in limbo.

Theres even a pool right now trying to fix the rule, since it isnt really clear.

unknown.png

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
I have no clue what the rules for that forum are, but just reading your post, I'm pretty sure why you were (thankfully) banned.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This is not how staff communication works, my friend.

Create a ticket if you want private help from staff. It's at the bottom of the site navigator under Giveaways. Or PM a Mod Captain. The entire forum does not need to be part of your ban discussion.

stangthang26

Aug 15, 2018
As everyone else has stated, you're scalping. There's various threads of not supporting scalping and you're trying to scalp.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
According to the rules of the Buy/Sell thread the seller sets the price so selling over RRP is not a problem!

Don't complain about prices
  • Everyone involved is just either looking to buy, sell, or trade. If someone wants a certain amount of money for something, the amount of money it's worth will be determined by the people willing to pay for it. There's no need to guilt people for selling items they received for free or fussing about perceived overcharging. It's a free market. Labeling a Seller as a "scalper" or any other derogatory term is absolutely NOT allowed.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
like half a dozen people called you out for trying to start a bidding war lol, why start a new thread and bring even more attention to the fact that you're a scalper

OP
OP
Sonic and Knuckles
Feb 29, 2020
According to the rules of the Buy/Sell thread the seller sets the price so selling over RRP is not a problem!

Don't complain about prices
  • Everyone involved is just either looking to buy, sell, or trade. If someone wants a certain amount of money for something, the amount of money it's worth will be determined by the people willing to pay for it. There's no need to guilt people for selling items they received for free or fussing about perceived overcharging. It's a free market. Labeling a Seller as a "scalper" or any other derogatory term is absolutely NOT allowed.
They dont follow the rules. I did and got banned there lol.

I doubt someone will be banned from calling me a scalper...

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You weren't banned for scalping, as you said there is (unfortunately) no rule against it.

You were banned for seemingly trying to get a weird bidding war going by posting your current highest offer.

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
yall need to get off your damn high horse. OP did nothing wrong, hell, even the OP of the B/S/T thread said as much.

as much as i don't like scalping, OP did not break any rules set forth in the B/S/T. all of you with your hot takes and piling on are far worse than what OP did.

Status
Not open for further replies.