• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much becoming one of the most well respected developers in just a decade and probably the most influential as well, Miyazaki pretty much changed the game.

He took FromSoftware from being a almost no name studio that had a focus on mech and other quirky game to become one of, if not the most respectable developer currently going right now, especially during this gen. Even just looking at titles Miyazaki directed from Demon's Souls to Dark Souls 3 from Bloodborne to Sekiro, I can't think of another developer that had this level of consistency in the past couple years or even last decade.

I really think he is on par with the trifecta of top developers being Miyamoto, Kojima and Druckmann. He deserves it at least.

Hidetaka_Miyazaki.jpg

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed, but of course I do, I've sunk at least 1000 hours into his games in the last 10 years.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
while i adore ND games helmed by druckmannn, him being on that list is hilarious.
back on the topic, wouldnt disagree with putting Miyazaki there, but id argue he's been there for a while already.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
He's beloved here, more so than Druckmann and arguably Kojima, so I don't get this thread

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
I think he is already on par with Kojima at least.

Druckmann is the one who hasn't gotten to that tier yet. I feel like a key to being included with those names is innovating in gameplay and defining genres.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
Only on Era you could find people that actually believe that Druckmann is on the same category as Miyamoto and Kojima.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The toxic reaction to Druckmann being listed is pretty disappointing.

I would say he needs a little more under his belt but there's no reason to laugh at the OP.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Absolutely not.

He turned a once interesting developer into a factory for one genre and a small VR game. I would happily drop every game he's made to have the FROM that made Otogi, Cookie & Cream, Tenchu and Lost Kingdoms back.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Only on Era you could find people that actually believe that Druckmann is on the same category as Miyamoto and Kojima.

I think this person is joking, but this one...
www.resetera.com

Put his name up there! - Neil Druckmann deserves to be mentioned amongst the Miyamotos, Sakaguchis, Kojimas and other all timers.

Having finished The Last of Us Pt. II on Friday night I keep thinking to myself how accomplished the game was and how this 30+ hour masterpiece and how the vision to see it realized must have been extremely taxing. The game walks many many fine lines and I think it pulls them off with aplomb...

OP
OP

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Druckmann directed Last of Us 1 & 2 and Uncharted 4. Pretty sure all three of those games are highly regarded a lot more than a majority of what came out in the last 7 years.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Miyazaki lead the creation of a new widely copied sub genre. He's been up there. Even if someone doesn't like the games, they should still be able to see that.

Druckmann Is the one who shouldn't be up there lol. Not trying to say he's bad , he directs great games with some of the best cinematic experiences in gaming but they've never done anything new on the gameplay side. I feel like the game design side is more important to be a legend in the game industry.

Replace him with Warren Spector or Yu Suzuki

Edit: for the Myamoto thing , I think it's just impossible for anyone in the modern gaming industry to do what he did. No matter what that's probably not gonna happen again, he was there in the beginning of the industry. That's not an opportunity any modern director is gonna get anymore. No one is even gonna be in the position to even attempt what he was able to do.

Last edited:

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
He has been there since Demon's Souls. Druckmann should not be on that list honestly.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This list of creators is very wack and consists of people who've had wildly different careers with incomparable legacies, but I understand that what you are saying is that Miyazaki should be considered one of gaming's most accomplished and visionary creators.

Thankfully, I think this has been solidified already for anyone familiar with his games for many years. I think you would be hard-pressed to find someone who would argue otherwise.

Mr_F_Snowman

Oct 27, 2017
We had this exact thread a few months ago with exactly the same title - edit ahhh someone linked the other thread above lol slightly different but equally as absurd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.